NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

That is fantastic!! I'd wear it right now! someone make up that shirt and i'll buy it
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I know a couple dudes that work at printing joints. One owns a place that specializes in t-shirts.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Video parody: Josh Gordon, with some time off coming up, could guest star. Attach some weave or a wig to a joint, have him beat the shit out of it. He could claim it as an anti-drug PSA.

Edited By Malcolm on 1409265210
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Minus the logo & faces, plus a bit of rewording, that is completely t-shirtable.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

First fantasy league: Keeper league. I'm drafting 3rd, preset Giovanni Bernard as #1 pick.

I show up two minutes late. It autodrafted a fucking LB for me, because I didn't have one selected in my keeper lineup. Guy #4 picks up Giovanni.

2nd fantasy league: I'm sick today, and forget. Show up 55 minutes later. Autodraft Dez Bryant #1, and Giovanni Bernard #2. Then Victor Cruz. Fuck me,.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

It autodrafted a fucking LB for me, because I didn't have one selected in my keeper lineup.

We talk about IDP every now and again, but the extra draft time is a dealbreaker.

Autodraft Dez Bryant #1, and Giovanni Bernard #2.

Ouch.

Victor Cruz

He wouldn't be so bad as a WR2 with a real QB throwing to him. Then again, I paid $10 for Eric Decker.

First keeper draft, $100 total + PPR (don't think I paid more than $15 for any player, if that), * = keeper :

QB:
Wilson* ... cheap, want to see what a healthy Percy does.
Newton ... cheap, solid backup, he will find someone to throw to, I just don't know the fuck who

RB:
Lynch* ... solid lead dog.
Woodhead* ... PPR league gold.
Sproles ... last season, Woodhead was the poor man's Sproles. I think Darren will be the poor man's Woodhead this year.
Steve Jackson ... cheap, took a gamble.
Bradshaw ... has produced, and will continue to produce, more than Vick Ballard and T-Bitch combined.

WR:
Decker ... yeah, Jets. Yeah, Geno Smith. Fantasy != reality. He is literally the only fucking target on that team. Josh Gordon was the leading receiver with Weeden + Hoyer + Campbell throwing to him last year. Geno Smith has a better team than Jason Campbell.
Crabtree ... yeah, Kaep can't throw for shit but the Niners know their offense needs to start lighting it up and that doesn't happen until they can threaten the pass. Target Numero Uno. Better than Old Man Boldin and Vernon Davis.
Torrey Smith ... the man in Baltimore. Yeah, Flaccid Flacco. WR1 is WR1.
Rueben Randle ... don't know what I was thinking.
Marquise Lee ... someone has to step up in Buffalo. Rolling the dice.

TE:
Gronk* ... spin the injury wheel.
Clay ... insurance

One more draft on the 2nd, $250 total + standard.

Edited By Malcolm on 1409280286
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

More NFL math.
A repeat offender, Simpson will now serve his second suspension in three years. His previous ban resulted from a felony conviction for mailing two pounds of marijuana to his Kentucky home. The latest suspension stems from a DUI arrest last November.

That plus his most recent arrest catapults him one week ahead of Ray Rice. As an aside ... 2 pounds of bud. That should keep anyone but the hardcore smokees just fine for a couple years if not more. This means it's better to be caught shipping sizable quantities than smoking tiny amounts.

Edited By Malcolm on 1409329396
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Reminder: first NFL games next week. Sign up for pick 'ems.

With spread.
Without.

Thus far it's catt and myself.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Aldon Smith: 9 games.
Smith, 24, pleaded no contest in May to three felony charges of possessing illegal assault rifles and misdemeanor DUI, stemming from separate incidents in 2012 and 2013. He was sentenced last month to 235 hours of community service and three years of probation and will spend 11 Mondays on a sheriff's work crew.

Smith also was arrested in April after an incident at Los Angeles International Airport after he allegedly made a bomb threat, but no criminal charges were brought.

Again, NFL Math: automatic weapons < blunts.

Also, Law Firm cut. Someone will sign his old ass.

Edited By Malcolm on 1409344278
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Sam cut

Little odd here:
Fisher said the talked one-one-one with all the players who were released except Sam, who decided to go out of town. He said he will talk to him in person on Sunday.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Speaking of people who've been cut:

Someone in my keeper PPR league just dropped Dwayne Bowe. I've got Marquise Lee on my bench. I can't think of a good reason to pick up Dwayne for a buck and drop Marquise. He's been that bad.

Also, I'm hoping Miles Austin doesn't suck this year. Some wideout in Toilet-ville has to step up, so I took a chance and dropped Rueben Randle for him.

Edited By Malcolm on 1409444692
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Keeper PPR league: dude swaps Ladarius Green for Tony Gonzo. Commish informs him of the retirement issue. A day and a dollar later, swap reversed. If I didn't have Gronk and Clay, I might've vultured Green.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Malcolm wrote:Reminder: first NFL games next week. Sign up for pick 'ems.

With spread.
Without.

Thus far it's catt and myself.
Those links didn't get me anywhere. But I looked back a page and I think applied to the right one. Will check back tomorrow.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Today in the NFL...
Sam cut

Offer from the Hoser Football League.

Raiders are officially screwed this year, maybe worse than the Rams.

For Stranger. Polamalu compares Johnny Cokehead to Tim Tebow.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm undecided on the pick 'em leagues.

Even when I wasn't in two fantasy leagues I'd forget about them. Plus, it's not as interesting as fantasy.

I find it sad, and humorous because we're mainly geeks, that we can't put together an 8 man fantasy league.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I'm undecided on the pick 'em leagues.

C'mon man, unk went to the trouble of joining. So can you.

Plus, it's not as interesting as fantasy.

Yeah, you also aren't hitting the waiver wire every other hour.

...we can't put together an 8 man fantasy league.

Boooooooooooooring as fuck. The Citizen Kane of FF. May as well throw dice or draw lots if you've got 8 reasonably intelligent dudes. Or maybe if someone gets especially decimated by the injury daemons.

Edited By Malcolm on 1409697675
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

DWI < Blunts.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Kill a dude < blunts.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Um, I am not in yet. Links still don't work. I think the commissioner of the league has to invite me or something.

Edited By unkbill on 1409707772
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

League or pick 'ems?