NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

6 weeks is insane
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I figured the absolute minimum would be 8, with a reasonable expectation of 1 season
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

The feeling around Cleveland on the sports radio stations are that the NFL will appeal this decision. Meaning this thing might drag out for god knows how long..
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Dolphins hammered for cheating.

The lesson? Don't cheat, just beat or sexually harass women.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

NFL wants Watson suspended longer.

Conspiracy theory time: This was all worked out privately from the start between the NFL and NFLPA. This move makes it look like the NFL cares, and thus, won't alienate female fans and allow them to hold their breast cancer awareness stuff without all the headlines that month discussing their soft stance on Watson.

On the lighter side...
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

New person picked to rule on Watson.

Stranger, this is probably good news for you. This removes the NFL, in the form of Goodell, from making the decision so if it's light again the NFL can say it tried.

My guess is this new decision will maybe add 3-4 games (to avoid the full year and lawsuit by Watson and the NFLPA), a monetary fine to some charity, and Watson having to enroll in some program.

8 games, a fine, and the rehab program would probably be enough of a win for the NFL and still be light enough that Watson's side accepts it and closes the book on this situation.

Onto tonight's game: I know it's only an exhibition, but the Jags still suck.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:24 pm I know it's only an exhibition, but the Jags still suck.
I know it's only an exhibition, but football's back!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:49 am Amazing timing Cleveland!!!
That's pretty awesome. I hope they have a restraining order.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

A therapist that worked with Watson, but is NOT suing tells her story.

Here's an interesting bit AFTER their appointment where he tried to book her two more times. She reminded him of who she was both times and told him she'd be happy to work with him, but there would be nothing sexual and he would have to keep his towel on the whole time. He declines to book her both times. SI confirmed the messages he sent her. Clearly all he wanted was massages...
The first follow-up was a few weeks later, via direct message to the Instagram page for Mary’s business. Watson said a mutual friend had told him to reach out about booking a massage. Mary told him they had worked together before, and he made her feel uncomfortable then. She had reservations, but recognizing that he could be an important client for her growing business, she told him she could work with him again if he could be respectful. She also made clear to him, in one message, “I just do massage,” followed by the upside-down smiley face emoji. Watson replied, “Oh gotcha, sorry there were no intentions for anything more.” He did not book an appointment.

The last time Mary heard from him was in the fall of 2020. This time, Watson DM’ed her personal Instagram account, replying to a post in which she’d made an announcement about her business and congratulating her. He then asked whether she had any availability for a massage. Mary was again unsure whether he realized who she was, so she screenshotted and sent the conversation they’d had on her business account. She reiterated to him that she runs a professional business that requires full-sheet draping, and, if he could abide by those policies, he was welcome to book with her. She says he replied to her positively and liked one of her messages. He did not book that time, either. Mary says she has had no contact with Watson or his camp since this last exchange.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Goodell wants a year for Watson.

I really think Robinson's decision is fair to be questioned based upon her own findings:

Not listed here that I have heard (Stranger?) is that she admitted knowing Watson lied to her?
Robinson issued the six-game suspension in a 16-page report, writing that "the NFL carried its burden to prove, by a preponderance of the evidence, that Mr. Watson engaged in sexual assault (as defined by the NFL) against the four therapists identified in the Report.''

She also said in the report Watson engaged in conduct that posed "a genuine danger to the safety and well-being of another person, and conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity of the NFL.''

Robinson wrote the NFL had recommended Watson be suspended for the entire 2022 regular season and postseason.

While relying on precedent, Robinson sought to differentiate between violent and nonviolent sexual conduct. Robinson concluded Watson's conduct "does not fall into the category of violent conduct that would require the minimum six-game suspension'' the league had established as "by far the most commonly-imposed discipline for domestic or gendered violence and sexual acts.''

Robinson also said Watson's "predatory conduct cast 'a negative light on the League and its players.'''
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

6 games based on 4 cases... extrapolates out to, what, 39 games for 26 cases?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Keeping in mind he actually hired 66 in 17 months...

That SI article I linked a few posts back was one woman he was inappropriate with and exposed himself, but she wasn't one of his accusers or in any lawsuit.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Chicago did NOTHING on the offensive side of the ball in the offseason. Pray for Fields.

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Dude...this is cheap shit. I'd love to see all the team gifts to season ticket holders and see who gives the best vs the worst.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

JFc, Browns.