NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:44 pm Eagles trade Ertz to the Cardinals.
I guess they didn't want him long term anyway, but felt like saying "Eh, we're done this season"
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Snap.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I should give up on football this year.

On a semi-related note: I'm in a keeper fantasy league. Picked up Daniel Jones (and Dwayne Haskins - stellar draft for me a few years ago!), and finally cut him before this season. He's the 12th-ranked QB going into today, so a decent backup for a 10 team league.

Today:

1 point for every 25 Passing Yards (0.04 per) applied to 181 Passing Yards 7.24
2 points for every 2 Pt Conversion Passing applied to 1 2 Pt Conversion Passing 2
-1 point for every Interception applied to 3 Interceptions -3
1 point for every 10 Rushing Yards (0.1 per) applied to 4 Rushing Yards 0.4
-1 point for every Fumble applied to 2 Fumbles -2
Total 4.64

That's the Daniel Jones I know.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Haskins might pay off for you next year since he's projected to be the Steelers' starter and he'll have that awesome HoF coach!

Both my bets lost today and both fantasy teams are losing.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:42 pm Haskins might pay off for you next year since he's projected to be the Steelers' starter and he'll have that awesome HoF coach!
I cut my losses there a long time ago.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:05 pm 11 is just plain wrong.
Because they should have been higher?

:)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:56 pm This Dan Campbell might be just the nutjob Detroit needs. Goes for 2 and the win with 46 seconds to go. Let's see if they can hang on. The dude is high energy.
Time will tell, but man it's ugly this year
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:25 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:05 pm 11 is just plain wrong.
Because they should have been higher?

:)
Yes
TheCatt wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:56 pm Time will tell, but man it's ugly this year
Today was their worst effort. They should have won twice in the past three weeks, but were beat by 50+ and 60+ yard FGs.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Scary moment in the game last night and he appears to be somewhat ok?

It was freaky because it wasn't a completely obvious collision. He was on the field a long time and they cut his helmet off. Both teams were on the field surrounding him. Hate seeing guys injured that badly.

Tomlin is pissed about the end of the 4th quarter last night and I agree.

Long story short:
Seahawks completed a pass, but fumbled. Another Seahawk jumped on the ball and then there was a race back to the line so they could spike it and then attempt a tying FG. By the time the ball was spiked, the clock said 0. Officials said there would be a review. However, they reviewed the catch and fumble then put three seconds back on the clock. They never blew a whistle during that time to stop the clock. Where did that mysterious 3 seconds come from? At the most they could have put 1 second back on the clock.

Very odd situation.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Shannon Sharpe asked what DK was thinking trying to play hero ball on that last play, which ended up being controversial due to him fumbling, the clock, and replay. DK got lippy, Sharpe, a fucking HOFer, shot that shit down quick.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Another stretcher job.

Man that sucks. Good to see the thumbs up though.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Oh man, I had a torn labrum several years ago. I lived with it for a few years, and it sucked. It was the deepest, achingest pain I've had when it got aggravated. Pain meds did strangely little for it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

My fantasy team has limped to a 3-3 record. This week I have 6 injured players, and a startling 9 players on BYE week. 15 players out. And, since it's a keeper league, I can't just drop people hoping they'll still be available or back.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Matthew Berry has people posting a lot of lineups like that. Mostly keeper leagues where people couldn't even start a full lineup this week. It feels like those leagues are broken.

In my throwaway league I'm 2-4.

In the league I care about I'm also 3-3 losing a really close matchup last week as Lamar didn't score his usual 20+. My WR depth there is as good as any fantasy team I've ever had.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:40 am Mostly keeper leagues where people couldn't even start a full lineup this week. It feels like those leagues are broken.
Yeah, the hard part of keeper leagues is how deep you let a bench be. We used to have larger ones, but then there was NO ONE to pick up on waiver wire, since they were already buried 3 deep on someone's bench.

We made the bench smaller, and now we have the opposite issue. Oh well, more fun than people just stockpiling talent.

Ah, they fixed it, but originally our fantasy league was projecting Jalen Hurts to have over 40 points this week. Down to 23 now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

1) The price is insane.

2) the price HAS to be conditional on his availability/league punishments.