NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:39 pm WTFers going all in on a QB this draft?
I 0% believe this.
!RmindMe 4/29/2021
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

One of the factors Football Outsiders' QBASE takes into account is starting experience. A lack of quality reps is a good predictor of potential NFL struggles, and according to ESPN's Stats & Information, only three first-rounders since 2002 had fewer career starts than Trey Lance's 17: Mitch Trubisky, Haskins and Mark Sanchez. This is basically the only box Lance doesn't check, but it's a potentially important one, it might be rendered even more important considering all 17 of his starts came against FCS defenses.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Conner is gone.

I have no idea who will be in the Steelers' backfield next year.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:56 pm Conner is gone.

I have no idea who will be in the Steelers' backfield next year.
Gio went to Tampa... so... yeah
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Things I've heard:

-Nobody seems to think the 49ers needed to move up to 3 to get Mac Jones nor do they think he's a fit for Shanahan's offensive philosophy, yet all reports say that's who they are taking despite his mediocre pro days and lower ratings than other prospects. They gave up three first rounders to draft at #3. He'd better not be a bust...

What makes it even weirder is their asking price for Garoppolo is super high because they are actually going into the season with him. They believe they have a championship roster right now. So why did you give up 3 first rounders for a guy you don't need right now?

-Jets are taking BYU's Zach Wilson.

-Don't discount the Falcons taking a QB at #4. They know what KC did with Alex Smith-Patrick Mahomes and could replicate it with Matt Ryan and whomever they take.

-Carolina is also willing to take a QB if one falls to them despite the Darnold trade.

-Miami traded down from #3 to #12, then back up to #6. Why? Miami believes #6 will be a prime spot when two of the top 5 QB talent is left. They're hoping a desperate team will pay to swap spots with them, and if not, they have ideas on who they will draft.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/04 ... ee-agency/

Clowney to the Browns on a 1 year deal. I love it, Ben is gonna need a wheelchair to get outta that first game vs Cleveland.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:47 pm Ben is gonna need a wheelchair to get outta that first game vs Cleveland.
Because he's too fat or too old?

The Steelers don't even have a complete offensive line yet.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:17 pm
Stranger wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:47 pm Ben is gonna need a wheelchair to get outta that first game vs Cleveland.

Guess what? Leisher, i'm gonna do it...

BROWNS WIN SUPER BOWL!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:28 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:17 pm

Guess what? Leisher, i'm gonna do it...

BROWNS WIN SUPER BOWL!
That would have more of an impact if you didn't declare it every year. :D

But I'll do you one better! Steelers won't win the Super Bowl!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:28 pm BROWNS WIN SUPER BOWL!
!RmindMe 2/14/2022
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Also, uh... hasn't this expired?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:37 pm Also, uh... hasn't this expired?
Many, many, many moons ago, but they have so little to celebrate...

Notice I changed mine when it expired.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:36 pm That would have more of an impact if you didn't declare it every year.
I digress, this is so true.. I'm definitely a homer
TheCatt wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:37 pm !RmindMe 2/14/2022
Does this feature really work? And lets be honest, you won't need a reminder from a computer if the Browns win the SB.
TheCatt wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:37 pm Also, uh... hasn't this expired?
Only championship in my lifetime, it will never expire. But yeah, that does seem like ages ago now.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:44 pm Does this feature really work? And lets be honest, you won't need a reminder from a computer if the Browns win the SB.
No, but every once in a while I search for that phrase to see if something has come up I'm supposed to check on.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Mac Jones - two DUIs.
Trevor Lawrence - the stuff below (which cannot thrill Meyer) and the Covid incident.
Justin Fields - Zero incidents in his life and career. According to all insiders, is focused on doing anything to win. Yet ESPN reports "character issues".
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Teams confirmed to be in attendance at Fields' 2nd pro day today:
• Jets (2)
• 49ers (3)
• Falcons (4)
• Panthers (8)
• Broncos (9)
• Patriots (15)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Interesting to see the over-rated QBs by passer rating: Cousins, Watson, Mineshaw, and both WTFers QBs last year.

Fitzmagic though, high on the QBR.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:36 pm Alex Smith calls it a career.
Shame to see him grow, but I wouldn't take a chance on him either as a coach.