NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:16 am
Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:11 am JJ Watt cut by Texans.
Bring him to Cleveland.. Watt vs Watt & Watt. Who wouldn't wanna see that?
Everyone outside of Cleveland will be rooting for the novelty of the three Watts playing for the same team. However, don't get excited. It's not like he's the missing piece the Steelers need to get to a Super Bowl.

Did you see that the Steelers requested an interview with the Texans O line coach and he turned them down? I've never heard of him, his line gave up the 2nd most sacks, Houston is falling apart, and he still didn't want to come work for Tomlin. Pittsburgh is done until Tomlin leaves.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

The thought of him playing for the Steelers did cross my mind. But why wouldn't Pitt just sign Bud Dupree at that point, much younger and ascending star.

I thought i remember reading or hearing or seeing somewhere that the Watt brothers are really competitive with each other and that they would rather play against each other for bragging rights. At least TJ and JJ are, Derek sucks so he's the third wheel and he's just in the league because of his brothers.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:45 am The thought of him playing for the Steelers did cross my mind. But why wouldn't Pitt just sign Bud Dupree at that point, much younger and ascending star.

I thought i remember reading or hearing or seeing somewhere that the Watt brothers are really competitive with each other and that they would rather play against each other for bragging rights. At least TJ and JJ are, Derek sucks so he's the third wheel and he's just in the league because of his brothers.
JJ might do a year long stint with the Steelers at league minimum just to do the historic "three brothers on the same team" thing.

Steelers currently have no cap room. BB is making $41M next season. Although, he has said publicly that he's willing to reduce that number significantly to help the team sign folks to be competitive.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Now they're saying JJ is being released at his request.

Meyer makes a controversial hire.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:35 am Meyer makes a controversial hire.
And gone.
Cakedaddy

NFL

Post by Cakedaddy »

I was thinking he was crazy for even trying. Honestly, hurts his credibility a little.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:51 am I was thinking he was crazy for even trying. Honestly, hurts his credibility a little.
Agreed.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I wish him a speedy and healthy recovery.

I don't want him as my head coach, but I don't wish him ill will.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Great news! Big Ben is coming back!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/re ... uxbndlbing

Its pretty clear that the front office is ready to move on from Ben but the owner got involved and didn't have the balls to tell Ben to hit the road. While i understand the situation with Ben is a touchy one considering he is a franchise legend, but when ownership starts making roster decisions, well we all know how that goes.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Who cares?

Ben's situation was going to cripple the Steelers either way. Even if he retired his salary cap hit was going to be massive.

And last time I checked Tomlin was still there, so whether it's BB or Brady or you, this team isn't going anywhere.

This Rooney is not his dad. He allows his politics to determine how to run the team. Until he retires the Steelers will be on the wrong track.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

JJ Watt has multiple offers.

I know the $15-16M one isn't from the Steelers. They're $22M over the cap and need to be under it in the next week or two (like everyone else in the league).

I think the true contenders here are the Browns and Bills. TB and KC could be dark horses if they have offers on the table.

Stranger's Browns should go all in. The window of opportunity closes in a hurry in the NFL. KC looked very beatable for most of the year. The Bills are thisclose to being overwhelmingly dominant or crashing. The Pats and Steelers are down. The Ravens have big flaws. The Colts could be a contender if Reich gets Wentz on the right track. The Jags will have a few years of rebuilding before they're contenders. Miami and the Jets probably don't have a QB. Cincy isn't worth mentioning. Neither is Denver. SD is on the cusp with Hebert. Oakland is a pretender. Point being, strike NOW.

I was thinking about the Steelers not really being a contender for JJ and thought about what I would do if I was running the team:
I'd wait until close to the trading deadline, and then start dangling talent to contenders, even Cleveland. I'd want no players in return, just picks. Everyone would be available, even BB. (If you're Belichick, TB just won a SB without you, you have a dozen key players returning from covid opt outs, wouldn't BB be worth a 1st rounder after what you just saw out of Cam? Get that next SB win to prove that Brady was just a gog and then retire on top.)

Steelers need to dump salary, old players, and get as many picks as they can.

And...
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:18 am Stranger's Browns should go all in.

I somewhat agree with the Browns going all in to win in the next year or two. Sounds really weird seeing as last year was the first year the Browns were good in 25 years. But with all the contracts the Browns are going to have to pay in the next year this is the best time to get the most talent on the field that they will ever have.
Leisher wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:18 am wouldn't BB be worth a 1st rounder after what you just saw out of Cam?
I'm sorry, but there isn't a chance in hell that any team ever gives up a 1st rounder for Ben. Next year is DEFINITELY Ben's last year in the league and a 1st rounder for a guy that can't get the ball down the field anymore for that money and that broken down body.. No way, never gonna happen.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:54 am I'm sorry, but there isn't a chance in hell that any team ever gives up a 1st rounder for Ben. Next year is DEFINITELY Ben's last year in the league and a 1st rounder for a guy that can't get the ball down the field anymore for that money and that broken down body.. No way, never gonna happen.
My hypothetical was strictly for the Pats and Belichick. I think it's absolutely doable because if he retires at the end of it, what the hell does he care about a #1. Nobody else in the league would pay that price for a 1 year rental. However, Bill might be in "all in" mode too based on Brady's success and his age.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:13 pm
Stranger wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:54 am I'm sorry, but there isn't a chance in hell that any team ever gives up a 1st rounder for Ben. Next year is DEFINITELY Ben's last year in the league and a 1st rounder for a guy that can't get the ball down the field anymore for that money and that broken down body.. No way, never gonna happen.
My hypothetical was strictly for the Pats and Belichick. I think it's absolutely doable because if he retires at the end of it, what the hell does he care about a #1. Nobody else in the league would pay that price for a 1 year rental. However, Bill might be in "all in" mode too based on Brady's success and his age.
NE has a lot of holes to fill, they're not a QB rental away.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:30 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:13 pm
NE has a lot of holes to fill, they're not a QB rental away.
They've always been overachievers based on their talent. If Cam wasn't completely washed, they would have made the playoffs with somewhere around a 8-12 starters opting out.