NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I turned it off too.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Tom Brady might have been deemed the MVP, but the Tampa defense was the real MVP. Mahomes running for almost 500 yards combined before he threw the ball is an unbelievable stat. Boring ass game though.

In other news. Browns coach Kevin Stefanski won NFL coach of the year. Well deserved.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

KC averaged 6.6 penalties per game this season. When Carl Cheffers was the officiating crew (as was in the Super Bowl), KC had 11, 10, and 11 penalties called against them.

He was also the head official when KC had their 2 point try against Pitt taken back in Jan 2017 playoff game with a bad call.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:06 pm Boring ass game though.
Truth.
Stranger wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:06 pm Mahomes running for almost 500 yards combined before he threw the ball is an unbelievable stat.
To be fair, I know they were down two starters on the O line, but going way behind after the referee assisted scores meant KC had to throw. That's when the wheels fell off. TB called every defense as a pass defense and never once looked for the run. That's why when KC did run, they were getting a ton of yards. It helps that the refs weren't throwing the flags against TB's defenders like they were against KC's.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Mathieu explained his side of the altercation, saying in a since-deleted tweet that Brady started the verbal spat when he called Mathieu "something I won't repeat."

"He's clearly chasing me, but I got flagged," Mathieu said in another deleted tweet.
Watching the game, I saw Brady start this, and could not BELIEVE Mathieu got flagged. At that moment, I knew the game was over.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

IMHO, this is Brady's legacy and it started with the Tuck Rule.

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:11 am Marty Schottenheimer moved to hospice.

He was head coach for both the Browns and WTFers.
Passes away.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:44 am
Leisher wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:11 am Marty Schottenheimer moved to hospice.

He was head coach for both the Browns and WTFers.
Passes away.
Sad to hear this news. Especially to Alzheimer's, absolutely terrible disease.

I feel he doesn't get the recognition he deserves among the greats of the game. Probably because his teams always came up short in the playoffs. But 21 seasons as a head coach and only 2 losing seasons, that's pretty remarkable. Many talk about coaching trees and his holds up with the best of them. Bill Cowher, Gunther Cunningham, Herm Edwards, Mike McCarthy and Bruce Arians all were assistance under him at one point.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Ratings down for the Super Bowl.

They blame covid. I blame Brady. Not kidding. I think people are sick of him. I've seen a lot of folks bashing him over his company's $3M check for covid relief from the government. Plus, he's simply a fucking douchebag of a human being.

Oh, and two smaller market teams who aren't traditional powers also probably played into the lower ratings.

But really, fuck Brady.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Maybe the wrong thread to put this in but, whatever. Saw this on Twitter this morning and thought it would be fun to see how everybody spreads their sports love.

If you had 100 "fandom points" to allocate to the teams you root for across all sports, giving more to the ones you care most about, how would it go?

I'd go: Browns-80, OSU football-10, Indians-5, Cavs-3, OSU basketball-2
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:28 am Maybe the wrong thread to put this in but, whatever. Saw this on Twitter this morning and thought it would be fun to see how everybody spreads their sports love.

If you had 100 "fandom points" to allocate to the teams you root for across all sports, giving more to the ones you care most about, how would it go?

I'd go: Browns-80, OSU football-10, Indians-5, Cavs-3, OSU basketball-2
Interesting, and for the briefest moment I thought you were giving negative points :)

UNC Basketball - 40
WTFers - 25
UNC Football - 20
Carolina Panthers - 13
All other teams/sports that I root a little for - 2

I'll be honest that points fluctuate over time. Several bad years of UNC football, and my points go down. We're up right now :)
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:34 am I'll be honest that points fluctuate over time. Several bad years of UNC football, and my points go down. We're up right now
Same here, when the Indians and Cavs were in the Series and Finals their numbers were way up for me, but i don't think the Browns would ever fall below 50 for me. Honestly it could be 95 Browns for me right now, don't really care about much else.

I know most of my friends (yeah, that even includes Leisher) would be their college football team of choice, but its different for me. I love my Buckeyes but something about the NCAA game has turned me off as of late.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

This is a really tough question.

Buckeye Football - 40
Steelers - 30
Buckeye Basketball - 15
Penguins - 4
Celtics - 4
USMNT - 3
Braves - 2
Everything else - 2

Those numbers do shift based on season and success, except for the top two. For the Penguins, Celtics, Braves, and USMNT, while I follow their scores and news, I rarely watch a regular season game. I'll watch most of their playoff games, except the Braves. Baseball is just too boring. If they're in the World Series I will.

However, if it's World Cup season, My USMNT number would shoot up to 90. I'm all in at that point. I'm on ESPN daily looking for updates, watching games (even if the USMNT isn't involved), checking here to see what Troy (the only soccer "expert" I know has to say), etc.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:19 am However, if it's World Cup season, My USMNT number would shoot up to 90.
Same here, maybe not to a 90 but i love the World Cup soccer. I feel the same for the women's team, soccer is easily the best/only woman's sport i will watch.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:39 am
Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:19 am However, if it's World Cup season, My USMNT number would shoot up to 90.
Same here, maybe not to a 90 but i love the World Cup soccer. I feel the same for the women's team, soccer is easily the best/only woman's sport i will watch.
Sure, but average those points out over 4 years :)
Cakedaddy

NFL

Post by Cakedaddy »

89 - UofM Football
9 - Whoever is playing OSU
1 - Pistons
1 - Tigers

And being that I'm not a bandwagon fan, my numbers don't change. As bad as we've been for as long as we have been, they still get 90% of my 'rooting'. Now, the enjoyment of watching them is WAY down. But it doesn't change how much I root for them.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:11 am JJ Watt cut by Texans.
Huh, even with 1 year left?
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:11 am JJ Watt cut by Texans.
Bring him to Cleveland.. Watt vs Watt & Watt. Who wouldn't wanna see that?
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!