NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: I hope that’s the end of Ben’s career and the Steelers blow it all up.
Me too, but not due to pettiness. :D
Leisher wrote:If BB is healthy, Conner stays healthy, and this new WR steps up immediately: 11-5 and eliminated in the first playoff game, which is the Tomlin standard. This is honestly the worst case scenario. BB seemed pretty done in the first game last year. There's no heir apparent. We'll get a late draft pick. Tomlin will still get credit for a good season.
Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:You know what coach didn't let Covid ruin his playoffs? Yeah you do...
Playoffs aren't over yet! Ask me again Monday...
Do I know this team or what?

Let's see what Tomlin said during his post game press conference:
"It is what it is," Tomlin said when asked about personal accountability for the postseason failures. "Our record is our record. Our performances are our performances. Don't run away from that."
Exactly the same thing he says after every loss. What a leader!

Rooney needs to fire Tomlin, ask him to resign, or force him to fire his whole staff. Rooney will never fire a black coach, particularly with the team's coaching history, due to his politics. However, at some point, doesn't equality also mean holding everyone accountable in the same way and not handling them with kid gloves? Noll retired 12 seasons after winning the Super Bowl. Mike Tomlin won a Super Bowl 12 years ago...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Nickelodeon simulcast the Sunday afternoon game, with slime and more.
Leisher wrote: 11-5 and eliminated in the first playoff game, which is the Tomlin standard.
12-4! Overachievers! EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS!
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Stranger wrote: I hope that’s the end of Ben’s career and the Steelers blow it all up.

Me too, but not due to pettiness.

Obviously we're gonna have different reasons why we want Ben to retire. I'm not being petty either, Big Ben was a dragon that needed to be slain.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Nickelodeon simulcast the Sunday afternoon game, with slime and more.
I heard good things about this...
Stranger wrote: Obviously we're gonna have different reasons why we want Ben to retire. I'm not being petty either, Big Ben was a dragon that needed to be slain.
I think my smiley face showed I was joking. I know why you want him gone. He's been balls deep in Cleveland for his whole career.

Pittsburgh should be the AFC North bottom feeder going forward. 16 free agents at key positions. Guys retiring and not just players. Tomlin. It'll be Cleveland and Baltimore fighting for the top spot for the foreseeable future.

I also don't believe in Cincy. Not sure about that head coach and the organization is trash. However, they do have Burrow, and don't have Tomlin, so that should get them 3rd place.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Eagles' Pederson fired, I'm a little surprised, not a ton.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Interesting. REALLY interesting if he was ordered to throw that last game by management. He can now "tell all". Although, he probably got a check to zip it, and wouldn't want to risk future employment.

I would rather have Tomlin than Pederson...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I would rather have Tomlin than Pederson...
Nicest thing you've ever said about him..

So let's pretend Tomlin's fired. What coaching candidate do you want?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: What coaching candidate do you want?
Urban! :D

I don't necessarily have my eye on anyone. I wouldn't have known Judge, Stefanski, Flores, the guy in Buffalo, or even Vrabel would be good coaches. I just know that Tomlin's complacent. He is not a disciplinarian. He's not a details guy.

If BB stays, there's an even less than 0% chance Tomlin goes. If BB leaves, Tomlin might walk on his own. He hears the voices calling for him to be fired. He has to know how much talent the team will lose this offseason. He can walk out now a winner or really challenge himself (or simply collect a check). If he's smart, he walks out a winner. "No losing seasons" Tomlin! Networks will line up to sign him as an analyst. He might even be able to pull a Gruden and sign a massive contract down the line. If he stays, unless he truly believes he can turn everything around, he does nothing except tarnish his legacy, ala Belichick after Tom left. Everyone ganged up on Bill and put him down this year saying Brady won the divorce. Same thing will happen to Tomlin. Articles will be written discussing his career with a HOF QB and his career without.

Anyway, I'd take anyone different. This may hurt Stranger's feelings, but losing to the Browns didn't really mean anything to me. I knew we weren't going anywhere. Obviously, I'd prefer to win, but this is where Pittsburgh has been for over a decade now. Good enough to do well in the regular season, but poorly coached and unable to do shit in the postseason. All the talent we've had in the last decade has been wasted on a shitty coaching staff that has no problem retaining coaches because nobody else wants them.

I want new blood for a fresh start.

In other news, Trump is going to give Belichick the medal of freedom.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Re: NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:02 pm
TheCatt wrote: What coaching candidate do you want?
In other news, Trump is going to give Belichick the medal of freedom.
"No thanks"
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:02 pm This may hurt Stranger's feelings, but losing to the Browns didn't really mean anything to me. I knew we weren't going anywhere. Obviously, I'd prefer to win, but this is where Pittsburgh has been for over a decade now.
This doesn't hurt my feelings and i can understand why it doesn't bother you because you have been so critical of the Steelers all along. Hell you were almost prophetic in your prediction on how their season would end.

But damn, since the Steelers keep talking and taking their shots at the Browns shows it meant alot to them. The fact that Chase Claypool had to show a clip of our practice squad corner flinching before a snap and complaining that we had a safety rolled to his side of the field all night is just him acting like a little bitch. And sure maybe the Browns "will get clapped next week" as he said, that doesn't change the fact that they got clapped on Sunday.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Fun stat: Player may be the first to start for 2 separate playoff teams (in playoff games) in same season.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:25 am But damn, since the Steelers keep talking and taking their shots at the Browns shows it meant alot to them. The fact that Chase Claypool had to show a clip of our practice squad corner flinching before a snap and complaining that we had a safety rolled to his side of the field all night is just him acting like a little bitch. And sure maybe the Browns "will get clapped next week" as he said, that doesn't change the fact that they got clapped on Sunday.
This is ALL Tomlin. That's what is so maddening about this asshole. So many people focus on "He's never had a losing season!", but don't understand the toxic culture he created. The Steelers won one Super Bowl despite him. They had HOFers and veterans all over the field. Most of the coaching staff was still Cowher's. Now this is all Tomlin, and despite GM Colbert bringing in talent, Tomlin does nothing with them aside from regular season wins. That's all going away soon though as his HOF QB will be gone and Tomlin will find himself with the worst QB in his division. A good coach would never allow these young players to shoot their mouths off on social media. Tomlin is not a good coach. He's a pretender.

He's a coward.

Oh, and here's his real record:
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

So in the first weekend of playoffs: The top 2 seeds advanced (#1 had a bye, obviously), and the top 2 wildcard teams advanced (#5 + #6) in both conferences.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Remember when for like 15 straight years the only 3 QB's to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl were basically Brady, Manning or Roethlisburger? i know i do.

Well, the 4 QB's remaining in the AFC are now Mahomes, Allen, Jackson and Mayfield. 3 from the same draft class and Mayfield is the oldest at 25 years.

I'm so glad the old guard has finally changed.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Tomlin fires 3 coaches, including the OC.

The TE coach is retiring and the DC is switching to a year-to-year with the plan that he is going to retire soon.

Fichtner being fired might also play into BB's plan. He and BB are good friends.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Will the next bone head Steeler WR please stand up. Oh hello, welcome to the club Chase Claypool.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/100 ... h-schuster

The salt pouring outta Pittsburgh just tastes soooooo gooood!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

NFL

Post by Cakedaddy »

Well, there IS something to be said about class. :D
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:17 pm Well, there IS something to be said about class. :D

Jags hire Urb.

Jets hire Saleh.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »