MLB

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Probably the best thing that happened to baseball in the past 40 years
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Umpire suing MLB for discrimination gets a big playoff series.

I'm 100% certain this was done, in part, to hurt his lawsuit, but here's something curious:
During a Boston-New York American League Division Series game in 2018, Hernandez had three calls at first base reversed after replay reviews.
Uh...what if he simply sucks at his job?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Apparently the Dodgers won the World Series. According to Twitter, FB, and CNN nobody cares.

I've seen a single tweet about it, nothing on FB, and there's one CNN headline and it's about the story Catt posted above.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

MLB

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Phillies now.
And here. . . I'm not sure why we are ignoring the rest of the season and calling a virus free play-off a victory!

"Baseball didn't spread it because it wasn't at the play-offs, well, except for that one guy that celebrated with his team with it"!
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote:
Leisher wrote: Phillies now.
And here. . . I'm not sure why we are ignoring the rest of the season and calling a virus free play-off a victory!

"Baseball didn't spread it because it wasn't at the play-offs, well, except for that one guy that celebrated with his team with it"!
Because they didn't bubble until the playoffs. And the guy you're using as your example broke protocol.

This is really a simple concept. I'm not sure what you're not understanding.

Bubble: All players, coaches, trainers, etc. are segregated from all outside contact including their families. They are tested daily.

Non-Bubble: Life as normal and those same people are exposed to everyone they come into contact with.

1 guy out of hundreds tests positive (haven't seen the follow up yet to confirm it wasn't a false positive, which is common with those quick tests) and you declare the entire thing a disaster?

You're being utterly ridiculous.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Umpire caught in sex sting.

If the Robert Kraft incident has taught us anything, it's that this man is innocent and the evil people offering pussy are the real criminals.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Umpire caught in sex sting.

If the Robert Kraft incident has taught us anything, it's that this man is innocent and the evil people offering pussy are the real criminals.
I dont know if he's rich enough to be innocent.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

The only thing interesting about this boring ass sport is that everyone seems to be cheating.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Schilling forced to be on HOF ballot despite wanting off.

Why? Because baseball writers won't vote him in based on his politics.
"I will not participate in the final year of voting. I am requesting to be removed from the ballot. I'll defer to the veterans committee and men whose opinions actually matter and who are in a position to actually judge a player," Schilling wrote. "I don't think I'm a hall of famer as I've often stated but if former players think I am then I'll accept that with honor."
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Seattle Mariners' CEO probably voted for Trump.
ver the course of a 45-minute chat to a local Rotary Club in early February, Seattle Mariners CEO Kevin Mather disparaged a Japanese player for not learning English, belittled a star prospect from the Dominican Republic for his language skills and derided another top prospect while admitting to manipulating his service time. He called his team's best pitcher "very boring" and embellished the pitcher's actions in a clubhouse incident, told another falsehood about a well-respected veteran and complained that the franchise's best player over the past decade was "overpaid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:46 pm Seattle Mariners' CEO probably voted for Trump.
ver the course of a 45-minute chat to a local Rotary Club in early February, Seattle Mariners CEO Kevin Mather disparaged a Japanese player for not learning English, belittled a star prospect from the Dominican Republic for his language skills and derided another top prospect while admitting to manipulating his service time. He called his team's best pitcher "very boring" and embellished the pitcher's actions in a clubhouse incident, told another falsehood about a well-respected veteran and complained that the franchise's best player over the past decade was "overpaid."
Resigns
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

There's no excuse for someone in his position to be this stupid.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

MLB added a mercy rule for spring league.

Not a baseball fan, but this is a good rule. Why hurt players mentally or physically during meaningless exhibitions?
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Good. When I see a law that I don't agree with I always wonder when MLB is going to step up and do something about it. It's ridiculous that more sports leagues don't step in and do something about laws that aren't popular with people on Twitter.

If MLB actually gave a fuck about this issue (and I assure you, they don't) and the woke movement, they'd just ban the Braves from the postseason until this law and the Braves name/mascot are changed.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Everything about this is stupid.

Nike: "We want to make more money."
MLB : " We do too!"

So they decide to create some new jerseys for no reason whatsoever and "push the envelope with them". Apparently that means making jerseys that honor a different sport and don't even have your team colors.

I wish we lived in a world where consumers would shit all over this, but morons will line up to buy them.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

I kinda like how you can cheer on Boston then fly to Brazil and cheer on the Seleção