MLB

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Just found out the Ortiz thing was part of MLB trying to clean up the game. Players were offered anonymity and immunity for coming clean about steroid use and STOPPING. The list of players was leaked, which is why we know he was on there. So that might be why he was given a pass over Bonds, Clemons, Sosa, McGuire, etc.

They say Pete Rose isn't in the HOF, not because he gambled on games, but because he lied about it and wouldn't own up to it.

Sounds a lot like how Bonds has been handling his situation...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:55 pm Just found out the Ortiz thing was part of MLB trying to clean up the game. Players were offered anonymity and immunity for coming clean about steroid use and STOPPING.
Ortiz says he never used. The test says he was. So was he lying?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:53 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:55 pm Just found out the Ortiz thing was part of MLB trying to clean up the game. Players were offered anonymity and immunity for coming clean about steroid use and STOPPING.
Ortiz says he never used. The test says he was. So was he lying?
No fucking idea. I saw that info in a Twitter thread of people arguing about it all and the info was from a credible article (not from something like yankeesrule.com). Didn't both reading it, just the summary.

Tried googling it all just now and there's so much conflicting information. Everyone that was on the ballot this year tested positive during this anonymous test in 2003, including him. However, was he actually on the list? He doesn't deny it, but former MLB commish Manfried does.

Cheaters shouldn't be in any HOF. End of story.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Trevor Bauer suspended for TWO SEASONS for sexually assaulting and being violent with a single woman.

Wow. The Cleveland Browns and Deshaun Watson can't be thrilled about that news.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:06 pm Trevor Bauer suspended for TWO SEASONS for sexually assaulting and being violent with a single woman.

Wow. The Cleveland Browns and Deshaun Watson can't be thrilled about that news.
Bauer, 31, was accused of sexual assault by a San Diego woman who requested a restraining order and essentially alleged that he took consensual rough sex too far over the course of two encounters last April and May. An L.A. judge denied the woman a permanent restraining order in August, and the L.A. County District Attorney's Office declined to file criminal charges in February. But MLB, which has the autonomy to suspend players without a criminal conviction, also looked into at least one other incident of alleged sexual assault with a woman from Ohio.
I don't love the 2 year ban based on this.
At the conclusion of a four-day hearing on Aug. 19, L.A. Superior Court Judge Dianna Gould-Saltman dissolved the temporary restraining order, ruling that Bauer did not pose a continual threat to the woman and that her injuries were not the result of anything she verbally objected to before or during the encounter, pointing to texts from the woman in which she asked to be choked out.

The judge said the "injuries as shown in the photographs are terrible," but added: "If she set limits and he exceeded them, this case would've been clear. But she set limits without considering all the consequences, and respondent did not exceed limits that the petitioner set."
Yeah, this is crap.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:19 pm Yeah, this is crap.
100% agree. Must be something else behind the long suspension? Or is baseball taking a stand against rough sex?

I know he's appealing. I cannot imagine the player's union is going to be cool with a player being suspended that long, especially based on the stuff you quoted above.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:31 pm I know he's appealing. I cannot imagine the player's union is going to be cool with a player being suspended that long, especially based on the stuff you quoted above.
And he's already missed ~100 games. This is dumb.
He spent the last 81 regular-season games on administrative leave, plus an additional 18 to begin the 2022 season.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

The Reds just no hit the Pirates, but lost 1-0.

Wow.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Well, that sucks.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Letter to Congress asking for minor league players to stop living in poverty.

I truly do not understand how baseball has so much money to throw around on top stars, so starving the bottom ones makes sense.

They can't fill parks and nobody watches. Their core demographic listens to games on the radio and reads about them in the newspaper. How do they make money?
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Only a matter of time.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Minor leaguers vote to join union.

MLB has NBA sized contracts and NFL sized rosters with MLB fan support. It's going to be interesting to see what happens if this move really bumps their operating expenses.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy

MLB

Post by Cakedaddy »

So, soccer?
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

I give about zero shits about baseball. But, congrats to Dusty Baker for helping the Astos