MLB

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Players are pissed at Manfred.

It's becoming a legit possibility that there won't be baseball.

Good.
Fuck em all.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Players counter with 70 games.

What kind of upside down world do we live in when the owners want fewer games than players?
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsaTElBljOE
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Well, fuck
MLB owners voted unanimously to proceed with the 2020 season under the terms of their March 26 agreement with the MLB Players Association, the league said in a statement Monday night, after the union's executive board voted down MLB's latest offer of a 60-game season with expanded playoffs.

The owners' vote now gives commissioner Rob Manfred the power to implement a schedule of his choosing -- likely between 50 and 60 games.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Why bother? Baseball sucks and the season will likely get cancelled anyway as soon as someone tests positive for C-19.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

MLB knows players will get C-19 and has plans for that.

In other words, they will happily risk the players' lives for some money?
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Biracial player opts out of season due to C-19 and then makes a statement about race too.

I like his statement, I really do, but it's tough to rally behind a multi millionaire who plays a kid's game for a living and who is so rich he can forgo his salary for a year. That guy isn't oppressed no matter how much he thinks he is.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I like his statement, I really do, but it's tough to rally behind a multi millionaire who plays a kid's game for a living and who is so rich he can forgo his salary for a year. That guy isn't oppressed no matter how much he thinks he is.
So you're saying his rich privilege completely outweighs his black disadvantages to the point where it no longer exists? What are you saying? WSJ had an article about corporate executives who were black, and still faced bias all the time in public, despite their wealth, just for being black.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: So you're saying his rich privilege completely outweighs his black disadvantages to the point where it no longer exists?
There are lots of black people who say exactly this, but it's been pointed out to me that I'm not allowed to bring them up.
TheCatt wrote: WSJ had an article about corporate executives who were black, and still faced bias all the time in public, despite their wealth, just for being black.
We're covered all of this elsewhere time and fucking time and fucking time again. It's a majority white country. Science has proven people naturally gravitate to people that look like them. In other countries, whitey is the minority and gets shit on. Hell, in this country there are places whitey can't go or is shit on.

I'm just saying the racism this guy faced didn't hold him down very far.

And that's not defending any of it. I cannot wrap my head around a group of white kids doing a white power chant and thinking it's ok or the coaches not putting a stop to it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: We're covered all of this elsewhere time and fucking time and fucking time again. It's a majority white country. Science has proven people naturally gravitate to people that look like them. In other countries, whitey is the minority and gets shit on.
aka "white privilege"
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: We're covered all of this elsewhere time and fucking time and fucking time again. It's a majority white country. Science has proven people naturally gravitate to people that look like them. In other countries, whitey is the minority and gets shit on.
aka "white privilege"
eyeroll

My white privilege has me working during a pandemic despite potentially being exposed and right down the hall from a white stage 4 cancer patient. The whiteys in charge must know I'm Italian.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
aka "white privilege"
eyeroll

My white privilege has me working during a pandemic despite potentially being exposed and right down the hall from a white stage 4 cancer patient. The whiteys in charge must know I'm Italian.
Imagine what’s happening to the blacks.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Imagine what’s happening to the blacks.
All of them in this forum are multi millionaires either opting to play a child's game or taking the year off.

You want to keep beating dead horses take it to the proper forum.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Braves not changing their name, but might be dumping chop.

Why should they change their name? Brave isn't a derogatory word.