MLB

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

When I barely watched baseball (mostly just watched Sportscenter highlights), the Atlanta Braves were my team. This was due to them being broadcast on TBS nationwide and my dad refusing to support any local teams. I grew up watching Dale Murphy. So nice to see them doing well and winning game 1 of the World Series, but aside from Acuna and Freeman, I don't think I can name a single player. I can still name the whole lineup from the 92 team when Sid Bream slid into home for the series victory.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:12 am the Atlanta Braves were my team. This was due to them being broadcast on TBS nationwide and my dad refusing to support any local teams
Dale Murphy!

I lived in NC, so the Braves were the only team around. But I was born in DC, so I was an Orioles fan.

I do remember that 92 series... I was a freshman, and the whole (10 story) dorm EXPLODED for the NLCS when they won. Some people went into the pool.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:29 am I do remember that 92 series... I was a freshman, and the whole (10 story) dorm EXPLODED for the NLCS when they won. Some people went into the pool.
I was in the dorms at Cannon AFB, NM and a bunch of us were racing through the halls screaming. That was sports at its best.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

By the way, yay Braves!
Stranger

MLB

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:06 pm By the way, yay Braves!
Kinda weird watching the Braves fans tomahawk chop and chant like a whole culture of people their way to a World Series victory on a national stage. Yet here we are.. the Guardians..

But fuck the cheating Astros, I'm happy the Braves beat them.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:04 pm Kinda weird watching the Braves fans tomahawk chop and chant like a whole culture of people their way to a World Series victory on a national stage. Yet here we are.. the Guardians..
Brave isn't a derogatory word. It was literally just the name for a warrior of a Native American tribe. People who, by the way, don't really want to be called Native Americans. They prefer being referred to by their specific tribe, American Indian, or Indigenous American. I don't think the woke mob has gotten that note yet...not that they give a fuck.

Anyway, I really don't get why "Braves" is on the woke mob's hit list, but the "Fighting Irish" and their mascot of a drunken leprechaun isn't?

The chop and chant, different story. I get why that's offensive. Could you imagine a whole stadium throwing up their pinkie and thumb and chanting "surf's up"?
GORDON
Site Admin

MLB

Post by GORDON »

Atlanta closed schools on Friday, declaring a holiday for the Braves win
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

I'll bet your boy yelled, "Hooray for sports ball!"
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Today the Cleveland Indians disappeared and the Cleveland Guardians came into existence.

The universe had an opinion on that.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Lockout probably starts tonight.

Does anyone under 60 care?
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:03 am Lockout probably starts tonight.

I have 1 friend who cares. He really likes baseball and I don't get it
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:06 am

Is it Malcolm?
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:44 pm
TheCatt wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:06 am

Is it Malcolm?
I said friend.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

As Gordon would say, "Oh snap!"
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:41 pm HOF voters: "Fuck you cheaters!"
Unless you are David Ortiz.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:30 pm
Serious question: Was he caught cheating? If so, then he should not be in the HOF. If not, then tough titty.

Honestly, I think the MLB HOF is a joke anyway because Shoeless Joe and Pete Rose aren't in there.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:37 pm
TheCatt wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:30 pm
Serious question: Was he caught cheating? If so, then he should not be in the HOF. If not, then tough titty.

Honestly, I think the MLB HOF is a joke anyway because Shoeless Joe and Pete Rose aren't in there.
this tweet says yes
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Then he shouldn't be in.