MLB

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

No, it's fucking awful.

They might as well have gone with The Cleveland Human Beings or The Cleveland We Really Searched For A Name That Nobody Could Ever Find Offensive.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

MLB

Post by GORDON »

Cleveland Baseball Players
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

The black player in question hears the slur rather than "Dinger".

This is interesting because all the evidence says the guy was trying to get a photo with Dinger and not yelling at the player at all. You hear what you want to hear I guess?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:10 pm The black player in question hears the slur rather than "Dinger".

This is interesting because all the evidence says the guy was trying to get a photo with Dinger and not yelling at the player at all. You hear what you want to hear I guess?
Dammit. My PC rebooted, and even clean it decided that audio would fail and I cannot hear any videos right now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:01 am
Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:10 pm The black player in question hears the slur rather than "Dinger".

Dammit. My PC rebooted, and even clean it decided that audio would fail and I cannot hear any videos right now.
Holy fucking shit. I ran the W10 troubleshooter, and it worked.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Based on that video, how in the fuck did this even become a story? What Karen reported the incident in the first place? That's who needs to be banned.

Also, if the player watched that video and still hears "*igger", then he clearly has some issues he needs to figure out.

The fucking guy isn't even looking in his direction and is obviously yelling to the stupid dinosaur.
TheCatt wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:23 am Holy fucking shit. I ran the W10 troubleshooter, and it worked.
Not sure if I should be happy for you or wonder if this is a sign of the end...
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:41 am Also, if the player watched that video and still hears "*igger", then he clearly has some issues he needs to figure out.

The fucking guy isn't even looking in his direction and is obviously yelling to the stupid dinosaur.
Right?
Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:41 am Not sure if I should be happy for you or wonder if this is a sign of the end...
Well, bad news, I looked it up in Revelations, and we're doomed.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:00 am ell, bad news, I looked it up in Revelations, and we're doomed.
I hope so.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

The story of Brinson claiming to hear the N word is still a top story on ESPN's page. The story does NOT contain the video Catt linked above, which proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the guy was yelling "Dinger" and not even looking in the player's direction.

Fuck ESPN.

I would never advocate violence, but when insane left and right wingers start bombing MSM outlets like Fox, CNN, ESPN, etc. I'm going to give the world a big "I told you so".
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:47 pm The story does NOT contain the video Catt linked above, which proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the guy was yelling "Dinger" and not even looking in the player's direction.
Right? That guy gives ZERO SHITS about who is at bat.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

That's what really pisses me off. ESPN is clearly playing the story for clicks at the expense of society.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:29 pm That's what really pisses me off. ESPN is clearly playing the story for clicks at the expense of society.
At some point in my life, I thought I could be a solid ombudsman for news sites.

But, it turns out, businesswise, no one cares.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy

MLB

Post by Cakedaddy »

I know this isn't MLB. Deal with it.

Random encounter with a TV on ESPN showed that Michigan had a team in the little league world series. I looked it up today to find that they won! Turns out they faced Ohio! I watched the highlights and it was pretty cool. Both teams turned a double play. Our starting pitcher was really good. Second pitcher, not so much. The 20 minute version of a baseball game is far more fun to watch than real time. Even though I knew how it turned out, it was still cringey when Ohio would have the bases loaded. But our pitcher would come through.

I thought the kids put on a good show for being 9-12 years old.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Watching the kids is a lot more fun than their professional counterparts.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:37 am Convicted felon may have shown up at last night's baseball game.

Fixed the link - Leisher
Wasn't him.