MLB

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Braves got jobbed by a bad replay review.

The guy never even touches home plate and it's obvious. Why do we have replay in sports if they're going to be this bad?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Rules changes being tested.

Moving the mound looks like the equivalent to the NFL banning hand checking by DBs or the NBA dumping the zone defense. MLB wants offense.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:51 pm Rules changes being tested.
In 2019, the last full season, strikeouts set a record for the 12th consecutive year at 42,823, up 33% from 32,189 in 2007. Strikeouts exceeded hits the past three seasons after that never having occurred before in major league history.
I would say that does sound boring, but it's baseball, so I'm being redundant.

An argument could be made that the NFL has gotten pass and offense happy, whereas the MLB is trying to restore balance to a previous point in time.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:23 pm I would say that does sound boring, but it's baseball, so I'm being redundant.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Holy fuckups.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

What the hell was that first baseman doing?
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:04 pm What the hell was that first baseman doing?
Right? Like he thought "OK, dumb ass, let's pretend to walk back to home plate, HAR HAR - OH FUCK"
GORDON
Site Admin

MLB

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:56 pm So all these signs went up on the roads coming in to my small little town, "Hometown of major leaguer Chris Bassitt." Is that cool?
I guess he's getting better.

https://news.yahoo.com/genoas-bassitt-e ... 00973.html
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

That is cool.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:25 pm
GORDON wrote: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:56 pm So all these signs went up on the roads coming in to my small little town, "Hometown of major leaguer Chris Bassitt." Is that cool?
I guess he's getting better.

https://news.yahoo.com/genoas-bassitt-e ... 00973.html
Ask him about the meals he got served in the minors.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

The Cleveland Spiders, Guardians, or Avengers?

Those are absolutely terrible.

Caucasians or nothing!
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:21 pm The Cleveland Spiders, Guardians, or Avengers?

Those are absolutely terrible.

Caucasians or nothing!
Cleveland Baseball Team
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

"Unwritten rules" going the way of the dodo.

I really don't think any other major sport has turned a blind eye to cheating as much as baseball.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

MLB

Post by GORDON »

Wonder if the Army will be changing the names of helicopters.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:45 pm Wonder if the Army will be changing the names of helicopters.
I hope not.

Also, is this racist now? (Sfw)
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:50 am The Cleveland Guardians

Just terrible.
Eh, not terrible. The story mentions some guardian connection to Cleveland, so as good as anything else. Other names just seem good cuz they're old. Eagles? Cowboys? Penguins? C'mon, would you really name a team the Penguins this day and age? Wtf? Is this kiddie league?

Kraken, on the other hand... That was gold by Seattle's NHL team.