Soccer

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Malcolm

Re: Soccer

Post by Malcolm »

Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

USA!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Good win last night. Too bad a few of our best players (Bobby Wood, Jermaine Jones) are now suspened for the semifinals.

Our replacements are very, very green. Pulisic is 17 for pete's sake. How would you like your first international experience in a major tournament to be against a Messi-led Argentina? In the semifinals, no less.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

How would you like your first international experience in a major tournament to be against a Messi-led Argentina? In the semifinals, no less.
That's like skipping all the boring games and going to the fun one.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Troy

Post by Troy »

down 2-0, look terrible. This will not end well.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Well, that's about as expected...
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

One step forward, two steps back.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Germany vs. France Euro Semifinal at noon(3 ET). Should be a good one, though yesterdays semi was a very cautious game, up until Ronaldo jumped up and dunked his header goal in.

I refuse to research how to get HTML tags right for the new board. DEAL WITH MY LINKS
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Dude, you just click the video button, and put that URL in it. or use video [] tags.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Troy wrote:Germany vs. France Euro Semifinal at noon(3 ET). Should be a good one, though yesterdays semi was a very cautious game, up until Ronaldo jumped up and dunked his header goal in.

I refuse to research how to get HTML tags right for the new board. DEAL WITH MY LINKS
Troy

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote:Dude, you just click the video button, and put that URL in it. or use video [] tags.
Having to go into the full editor from Quick Reply throws off my mojo

E: ok the video tags are pretty easy
Last edited by Troy on Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Troy wrote:
TheCatt wrote:Dude, you just click the video button, and put that URL in it. or use video [] tags.
Having to go into the full editor from Quick Reply throws off my mojo
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

US Men's team still sucks donkey balls.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Klinsmann fired.

This shouldn't be shocking to anyone.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah 0 surprise there.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

Soccer

Post by Malcolm »

Goalkeeper fired over betting fiasco involving pies. Because there's obviously nothing worth watching on the pitch.
His own team referred to him as the Roly Poly Goalie. He is 46 years old, 6-foot-2 and somewhere around 322 pounds, or 23 stone as the British papers usually put it. Mostly a coach, caretaker and community liaison for the small-time team, he was also its backup goalkeeper.
Bookmakers rushed to provide betting opportunities on the high-profile nationally televised game. In its eagerness to stand out in the competitive industry, the lesser-known company Sun Bets offered lighthearted, but very real, odds of 8-1 that Shaw would eat a pie on the sideline during the match. It was great for a laugh.

Then Shaw actually ate one.
Afterward, he guilelessly confessed that he knew about the bet and had eaten the pie because of it. “I said: ‘I don’t know. I have eaten nothing all day. So I might give it a go later on,’ ” he told The Daily Mail.
Malcolm

Soccer

Post by Malcolm »

Why you always need at least one sober guy when you go out on bouts of drunken vandalism.
Fans of South London side Crystal Palace decided they wanted to stick it to arch rivals Middlesbrough on Saturday morning. Finding the bus parked outside a hotel, they quickly set about spray painting the side of the bus in Palace’s red and blue colors, writing “CRYSTAL PALACE FC” on the side. The only problem is that the bus belonged to their own team.
Wtf is up with the URL tag not working? EDIT: Nm. Someone at the site put an apostrophe in the fucking URL.
Troy

Soccer

Post by Troy »

Two new teams in the MLS for the 2017 season. Atlanta and Minnesota.

In their second-game-as-franchises, they played each other. In Minnesota, in a blizzard. It was a fucking amazing game to watch.

Minnesota apparently has many of the same players and management as their pre-MLS team. ATL hired a bunch of young South American talent and built from the ground up.

Coldest game in MLS history, and a blizzard game, but not the outcome or scoreline you'd expect: http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/matchc ... ideo/97652