Soccer

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Oh, Mexico...

USA! USA! USA!
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

You forgot 3) Got the game shut down briefly again for more anti-gay chants.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:58 am You forgot 3) Got the game shut down briefly again for more anti-gay chants.
CONCACAF's protocol on the chant calls for a warning by the public announcer, which occurred near halftime of Sunday's final. The second step of the protocol allows for the referee to pause the game.

Should the chant continue to be used, the referee has the authority to send the players to the locker rooms and can also call for the match to be abandoned.
wtf? What kind of punishment is that?
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:33 am wtf? What kind of punishment is that?
It isn't.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Soccer

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:58 am You forgot 3) Got the game shut down briefly again for more anti-gay chants.
Just like the last Mx vs CR game, they were doing it the ENTIRE GAME. And in the 90th minute the ref finally said something. Wussies.
Troy

Soccer

Post by Troy »

Our same USA group, but mostly the B players, got to play Costa Rica in a friendly this week. Costa Rica came to the USA for this up new, made up CONCACAF tournament, that the USA is champions for eternity, until next year.

We absolutely dumpstered them, 4-0.

BUT. The entire CR team was vaccinated in the locker room after their 3rd place game against Honduras on Sunday. With the J&J one shot missile, no less.

I'm not saying it was entirely related... but there is a good chance they weren't 100%. At the highest level of sport those small % mean a lot.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

I liked Central America more before I cared about soccer.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

Eriksen died.

That was a scary ass scene. Glad he's ok, but you wonder if that's a wrap on his career.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:36 pm Eriksen died.

That was a scary ass scene. Glad he's ok, but you wonder if that's a wrap on his career.
Best case if they figure out an underlying issue and can fix it. Since a single shock brought him back, he may end up with an implantable defibrillator in the future. This wasn't a heart attack (like caused by clogged vessels) so he's likely to be OK going forward, and hopefully was treated quickly enough to have prevented any tissue death.
Troy

Soccer

Post by Troy »

Should be a good one today in the European Championships - France vs Germany @ 3PM EST.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:59 am Should be a good one today in the European Championships - France vs Germany @ 3PM EST.
Ole, Ole, Ole, Super Deutschland, Ole
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

That was a little hilarious.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:48 pm
Leisher wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:36 pm Eriksen died.

Best case if they figure out an underlying issue and can fix it. Since a single shock brought him back, he may end up with an implantable defibrillator in the future. This wasn't a heart attack (like caused by clogged vessels) so he's likely to be OK going forward, and hopefully was treated quickly enough to have prevented any tissue death.
getting an implantable
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

15 year old girl gets court order to play in NWSL. Interestingly, a collective bargaining agreement is allowed to supersede this. Which, seems odd.
Moultrie accepted a scholarship offer to North Carolina when she was 11 and signed a deal with Nike two years later. She has been training with the Portland Thorns and has competed with the squad but only in preseason and friendly games.
Whoa.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

The next female superstar.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:43 pm The next female superstar.
Feels like a really hard call to make until they're fully grown.
Troy

Soccer

Post by Troy »

Wow, that's early. Lot's of accounts of Anson doing stuff like that through the years, and using former players as recruiting tools.

There was a sophomore at my High School whose soccer career was: Freshmen/Sophomore year on the girl's team. Trained with the dudes for a bit as a junior. And boom - off to UNC. She never went pro, to my knowledge.
Troy

Soccer

Post by Troy »

Mexico pays for their fans being repeat, unrepentant idiots: