Soccer

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

World Cup 2026 Details
Asia: 8 (+4)

Africa: 9 (+4)

North, Central America and Caribbean: 6 (+3)

Europe: 16 (+3)

South America: 6 (+2)

Oceania: 1 (+1)
Interesting that Europe only gets 3 more, and CONCACAF also gets 3 more. At least Oceania finally gets a guaranteed spot.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

I'm sitting here looking at the numbers and I, for some reason, thought to myself, "Did Mexico make it to the WC this year?" They didn't did they? I think I just forgot their status.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:41 pm I'm sitting here looking at the numbers and I, for some reason, thought to myself, "Did Mexico make it to the WC this year?" They didn't did they? I think I just forgot their status.
Lol. They didn't make much noise.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Is Argentina the Indy of the World Cup? Up 2-0 80 minutes in... now tied at 2-2.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

Woo!! I had Messi or Mbappe scoring the first goal at +300!!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

This is awesome, although if you break it down, not really that difficult to pull off (the prediction, not winning the World Cup).

TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:53 pm This is awesome, although if you break it down, not really that difficult to pull off (the prediction, not winning the World Cup).
1) He was already a top player when that tweet was made.

2) He's 35, not 34, now.

So he was wrong!
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

Ha! Yeah, fuck that guy!
Cakedaddy

Soccer

Post by Cakedaddy »

Think he's got 50 other tweets about 'this guy' will win the cup in 22? Obviously, with each one having a different name.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

Very possible or he's just an Argentina fan.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

NSFW, but Yay Soccer!

TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Argentina rules. Where's your boobs, France?
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

I would blacklist the Reyna name forever. That's just selfish garbage. The tactic of human scum.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:30 pm I would blacklist the Reyna name forever. That's just selfish garbage. The tactic of human scum.
Yeah, wonder where the kid gets their shit attitude from, eh?
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:33 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:30 pm I would blacklist the Reyna name forever. That's just selfish garbage. The tactic of human scum.
Yeah, wonder where the kid gets their shit attitude from, eh?
A shockingly large amount of parents suck.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

USA Has Qualified for 2026 World Cup!

Suck it, Latin America + Europe!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Reyna/Berhalter saga investigation ended
An independent investigation commissioned by U.S. Soccer has found that the family of star men’s national team member Gio Reyna tried to dissuade the federation from renewing U.S. coach Gregg Berhalter in the job.

The report, published Monday, examines the bizarre fallout from Berhalter’s decision to bench Gio Reyna, one of the team’s up and coming talents, at the 2022 World Cup. Reyna’s parents—the former U.S. men’s captain Claudio Reyna and former women’s national team player Danielle Egan—were upset about Gio’s lack of playing time in Qatar and resented Berhalter’s revelation after the tournament that the problem had been Gio’s attitude.

The investigation found that Reyna’s parents went as far as revealing a 31-year-old abuse allegation against Berhalter, involving Berhalter’s future wife, to U.S. Soccer’s then-general manager Earnie Stewart.

The Reynas were also aware, the investigation found, that Berhalter’s contract as head coach expired on Dec. 31, 2022, and was up for possible renewal. The probe found that the Reynas had hoped that resurfacing an incident in 1992—when Berhalter allegedly drunkenly kicked his then-girlfriend and now-wife Rosalind in an altercation outside a bar in North Carolina—would influence U.S. Soccer’s decision. (No police report was filed at the time.)
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »