Soccer

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

I really don't get their hatred, but there is a storyline in The Shield that makes a LOT more sense to me now.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:02 pm Mexico pays for their fans being repeat, unrepentant idiots:
Now, that is a punishment.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Wow, Germany gone too, as England exorcises some demons.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Ukraine upsets Sweden and men wear sports bras now. Men everywhere can channel their inner Brandi Chastain.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:57 pm Ukraine upsets Sweden and men wear sports bras now. Men everywhere can channel their inner Brandi Chastain.
Good job, Internet.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

Pulisic accused of animal abuse.

Read the article. No intent. Just stupidity. But activists gonna activist.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

This legit made me LOL.

TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Good job, Italy.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

For more than two years, the U.S. women’s soccer team seemed unbeatable—because it was. Team USA hadn’t lost a game since January 2019, storming through the 2019 World Cup without trailing for one minute.

Until Wednesday.

The U.S.’s galaxy of star strikers looked punchless and lost, and Sweden attacked fiercely from the start as it stunned Team USA 3-0 at Tokyo Stadium in the teams’ opening match of the Tokyo Olympics.

The game was in group play, so the U.S. will survive to play New Zealand on Saturday and Australia on Tuesday. Eight of 12 teams advance to the knockout round, so the U.S.’s Olympic journey is likely far from over.

But the defeat was the Americans’ worst in a major tournament since a 4-0 loss to Brazil at the 2007 World Cup in China and ended its 44-game unbeaten streak. It also undercut the U.S.’s hopes of becoming the first team to win an Olympic gold on the heels of winning the World Cup.
Women's soccer team gets... womanhandled(?) by Sweden
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

Maybe they should try focusing on soccer instead of all the other bullshit?

They're like Rocky in Rocky III. Focused on everything except the sport.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

Good luck to the US in the Gold Cup final tonight!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:51 pm Good luck to the US in the Gold Cup final tonight!
So... I haven't been following the Gold Cup. I'm going to assume 1) We're playing Mexico again, and 2) They will make anti-gay chants.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:07 pm
Leisher wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:51 pm Good luck to the US in the Gold Cup final tonight!
So... I haven't been following the Gold Cup. I'm going to assume 1) We're playing Mexico again, and 2) They will make anti-gay chants.
Yes and yes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:58 pm Winner winner, chicken dinner!
USA!USA!USA!
GORDON
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by GORDON »

Got to be embarrassing to get beaten by a country that barely considers soccer to be a real sport.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."