NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:24 pm Arizona fires Sean Miller.
Bad year to be a Miller
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

LSU hit with $50M lawsuit over retaliation due to the Miles scandal.

LSU worked with lawyers to cover up Les' racism and sexual harassment?! The hell you say!

They also paid Cam Newton $850K for a championship proven in texts provided to the NCAA by a Yahoo investigator, but were later "lost".

Cheating and covering stuff up in college sports seems pretty stupid. That fame is fleeting. LSU has won 2(?) national titles in the past 20 years or so, but nobody looks at them as a football blue blood. Georgia is considered more of a football blue blood and they haven't won shit.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:03 pm Transfer rule is going to be chaos.
Maybe. But if coaches could already do it, and literally everyone in all the other sports, then why not.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:41 am
Leisher wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:03 pm Transfer rule is going to be chaos.
Maybe. But if coaches could already do it, and literally everyone in all the other sports, then why not.
It's certainly going to get interesting.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

https://247sports.com/college/north-car ... 164376536/

UNC in the running for 5 star with Clemson and OSU. We really need to win these kinds of recruiting battles.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Looks like Clemson has the lead for that kid.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:47 am Looks like Clemson has the lead for that kid.
That's the consensus based on where he lives. Huge win for NC if we can get him.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

The one advantage for OSU is that they have fewer CBs on their roster, which means this kid would have an easier time finding the field. He hasn't visited OSU, but if he does I think you'll see a swing.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Contract "not renewed"
The GHSA had already required Valdosta High to forfeit one of its victories from the 2020 season after it declared star quarterback Jake Garcia ineligible. He moved to Valdosta last summer, after California pushed back the start of its football season because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Garcia played only one game for the Wildcats before the GHSA ruled him ineligible because he and his family hadn't made a bona fide move. In an earlier ESPN story, Randy Garcia, Jake's father, said that he and his wife, Yvonne, legally separated to meet the GHSA's transfer requirements.
Also, if you aren't willing to get legally separated to support your kid's high school athletics, are you even a parent?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:47 pm Contract "not renewed"
It's almost like a punishment, but we know that can't be true...
TheCatt wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:47 pm Also, if you aren't willing to get legally separated to support your kid's high school athletics, are you even a parent?
I'm actually shocked they didn't go through with it. I know people who have done such things to take advantage of programs.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:14 pm I'm actually shocked they didn't go through with it. I know people who have done such things to take advantage of programs
They did. He ended up at a different Georgia school.
Moving to Georgia wasn't a problem for Randy, who retired in 2012 after working for 32 years with the Los Angeles Police Department. Yvonne, who works as an administrative assistant, had to remain in California for her job. For Jake to be eligible for one season at Valdosta High, Randy and Yvonne legally separated to meet the Georgia residency rules. According to court records, Randy and Yvonne dissolved their marriage on Aug. 20. They plan to get back together once Jake's season at Valdosta High ends.

"The requirements [are] a full family move, so that and, obviously, grades and that kind of thing," Randy said. "So at this point, we got a legal separation. We're right down the guidelines as far as being eligible to play."
Also, how old is Randy? He retired 9 years ago after 32 years of work... 59? 60? With a kid in high school?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:35 pm Also, how old is Randy? He retired 9 years ago after 32 years of work... 59? 60? With a kid in high school?
The timing is weird.

Maybe he's good with investments or something?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

CFP expansion discussions going on.

I'm hearing 8 of the 11 votes are now in favor of expanding the playoffs. Not just for fairness and to keep "everyone" in the conversation each year, but also so they can avoid OSU-Clemson part 13, Clemson-Bama part 8, and Bama-OSU part 7.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:49 pm CFP expansion discussions going on.

I'm hearing 8 of the 11 votes are now in favor of expanding the playoffs. Not just for fairness and to keep "everyone" in the conversation each year, but also so they can avoid OSU-Clemson part 13, Clemson-Bama part 8, and Bama-OSU part 7.
12 teams! Bottom 8 play 1 extra game to see who plays Bama, Clemson, OSU, and other SEC school.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:06 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:49 pm CFP expansion discussions going on.

12 teams! Bottom 8 play 1 extra game to see who plays Bama, Clemson, OSU, and UNC.
:D
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »