NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I think people want to see OSU's O versus GA's D. At least, that's the most easily sold storyline.

I truly don't know that I'm sold on Georgia yet. They really haven't played anyone. Remember, their offense didn't score a TD against Clemson. Their D is just nasty. We'll see how they do against Bama.

Florida fires Mullen.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:21 pm Florida fires Mullen.
It aint Thanksgiving without 12 coaches fired.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

You put this Mayfield story in the wrong thread.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:33 am You put this Mayfield story in the wrong thread.
Dammit, I was on my phone.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Woot! Great game. Buckeyes and Seton Hall both shot and played great. OSU wins via a long 3 with 2.3 seconds left.

BTW, apologies as I was not aware of NC's last two. Purdue is really good.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:36 pm BTW, apologies as I was not aware of NC's last two. Purdue is really good.
IT was inevitable. I was hoping it would happen next week when I'm in Vegas and could get some $$ off it :)

Congrats!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Another BIG B10 upset loss, this time Illinois.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:06 pm Another BIG B10 upset loss, this time Illinois.
Up 15 and lose by 20? Ouch.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Imagine having to schedule a basketball game for your team just to get a doctor appt at a good hospital https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... lue-devils
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

In the wake of the Tar Heels' early struggles, #UNC Twitter is already going crazy about Wes Miller's 5-0 start at Cinncinati. On Monday night's social media firestorm, and how I feel about the situation as a whole:
Go Bearcats!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Saw the story on that coach last night. Hope he's ok.

Also, remind me who Wes Miller is, I'm assuming someone you should have hired? Former Heel?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:47 am Saw the story on that coach last night. Hope he's ok.

Also, remind me who Wes Miller is, I'm assuming someone you should have hired? Former Heel?
Former Tar Heel, was one of the candidates for the coaching job that Davis got. He graduated 14 years ago. Will probably be the lead candidate post-Davis
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

PSU commits to remaining mediocre.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:42 pm PSU commits to remaining mediocre.
Well, PSU fans are... existing.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:18 pm Bearcats make the top four.
Yeah, seemed inevitable after last weekend.

So basically the biggest games left are: OSU vs UM and Bama-UGA.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Winner of OSU/TUN will also play #14 Wisconsin (probably Wisconsin).

Also Bama plays Auburn this week. Auburn has only lost to top ten teams (I read that somewhere today). Meanwhile, Georgia's best win is against, rated again for the first time in a long while, Clemson.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

The Wisconsin team that lost by like 4 TDs to Notre Dame? Meh. I expect OSU to be favored by like 14.5
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Texas could still go bowling.

I'm always a little fascinated by stories like this due to the maths/situations involved. But overall just shows we have too many bowls.
Eighty-two bowl slots are available, but it's doubtful there will be enough bowl-eligible (six-win) teams to fill them. Heading into the regular-season finales, 72 teams have locked up bids, leaving 10 still open. Most teams still in the running are underdogs this week or playing other 5-6 teams in elimination games. Four of these teams already have fired their head coach.

If there are not enough six-win teams, any remaining bowl openings could be filled with 5-7 teams based on the NCAA Academic Progress Rate for football programs. Texas has moved up the APR standings in recent years and is set up well to pick off a bid, if it comes to that.
Of the 10 spots still available, four will be grabbed by winners of 5-6 vs. 5-6 games. That will make 76 bowl-eligible teams, leaving six slots. But only three other 5-6 teams are favored this week, so if form holds, three bids will go to 5-7 teams based on APR.

Just four potential 5-7 teams are ahead of Texas in the APR pecking order, and two — Middle Tennessee and Rutgers — can get bowl-eligible with wins over fellow 5-6 teams. A third, Washington, needs to upset Washington State in the Apple Cup to reach 5-7. The fourth team, California, is 4-6 and an underdog to UCLA before closing Dec. 4 against USC, which also is 4-6.

Texas' 974 APR is tied with Florida, which will host Florida State in one of the 5-6 vs. 5-6 showdowns. If the Longhorns and Gators each finish 5-7 and one bowl bid is left, maybe they'll do a Final Jeopardy question to decide it.