NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:01 pm Well, last week's games were good...
Me (for several weeks): TCU IS OVER-RATED

TCU - Beats almost everyone, then finally chokes in the first half of national championship game against Georgia.

Me: SEE!
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

A Georgia fan offered me a free ticket to this game last week. I'm a bit sad I'm not there for it. But would have had to get to LA and then up to work tomorrow, and the flights weren't good.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Would you really want to be there for that game? I would love to see a championship no matter who was in it, but damn, I want to see a competitive game.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

11 of 12 teams on Georgia's 2023 schedule lost 5 or more games this year. I might put money on them to repeat. I'll either make money or be the kiss of death. :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:26 pm Would you really want to be there for that game?
YES.

I love blow outs, as long as it's not my team being blown out. Though, honestly, the one time I went to a Skins game and we got blown out, it was a lot of fun. We watched a flock of birds go up and down the field, it was sleeting, KC just killed em. The hot chocolate was delicious. Satdium was about half empty. Maybe even fewer people.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:31 pm 11 of 12 teams on Georgia's 2023 schedule lost 5 or more games this year. I might put money on them to repeat. I'll either make money or be the kiss of death. :D
Well, their QB is about to join AARP, so he's probably leaving the NCAA.

But, that would be a threepeat :)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC fires DB coach

Our DB/S recruiting has been awesome. Our DB/S play has been terrible. 7 or 8 players from that group entered the portal this offseason. 2 or 3 of them were actually starters/very good.
North Carolina’s defense has struggled over the past several years. The Tar Heels’ pass defense ranked dead last in the ACC in passer efficiency rating allowed for 2022.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Another B1G school under investigation, this time for hazing.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Chicago Bears do the B1G a HUGE favor and hire away their incompetent boss.

This also seems to confirm what a lot of people have been saying about the Bears being one of the worst run franchises in the sport.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

CJ Stroud has until Monday to declare for the NFL and has enrolled in spring classes. Strange.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:57 pm CJ Stroud has until Monday to declare for the NFL and has enrolled in spring classes. Strange.
Declaring doesn't mean leaving college, right? You can finish your year + do the draft?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:52 am
Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:57 pm CJ Stroud has until Monday to declare for the NFL and has enrolled in spring classes. Strange.
Declaring doesn't mean leaving college, right? You can finish your year + do the draft?
I believe if he doesn't declare he is out of the draft.

There are rumors of a massive NIL deal being created for him to stay to offset the NFL rookie contract.

If he stays, the Chicago Bears win big. The price for that #1 pick will increase in value in a big way with one of the top two passers not being in the draft.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:44 am I believe if he doesn't declare he is out of the draft.
Sorry, I used the complete wrong word. "Enrolling" is what I meant to say. Like he can take Spring classes, and still do the draft.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:07 pm
Leisher wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:44 am I believe if he doesn't declare he is out of the draft.
Sorry, I used the complete wrong word. "Enrolling" is what I meant to say. Like he can take Spring classes, and still do the draft.
Yeah, of course. You're still allowed to live if you enter the draft. Probably very difficult to attend classes and do draft workouts though.

I don't recall ever hearing of an athlete enrolling in the spring semester and then going pro. Usually, once they retire they go back and get their degree.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Stroud's silence has actually caused the odds for another player being picked at #1 to go from 20-to-1 to 10-to-1.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

CJ finally declared. Still no idea why he waited this long. I'm sure the team knew, but it's good to have a decision made publicly so it doesn't affect recruits and whatnot.

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

5 ranked teams between the two of them? Damn.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

OSU was ranked and should have beaten #1 at the time Purdue, but they're stinking at the moment.

5 between our conferences sucks.