NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

BiG tEn TeAmS pLaY dEfEnSe ;)
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Lots of people wondering if Knowles should be fired. I'm in the camp of giving him time to get his players and coaches in to see if that gets the D right. That was a classic game that either team could have won or lost. I really don't fault anyone, although I would say that the NCAA desperately needs to review the targeting rule and when a TO is allowed to be called. Targeting directly impacted both semifinal games. The TO being allowed after the snap of the ball saved Georgia's season.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

2023 has been a rough year for B10 football. :D
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:58 pm 2023 has been a rough year for B10 football. :D
Well, we definitely didn't get as many teams into the CFP as the ACC, so that sucked...

But hey, at least your conference champ didn't get annihilated in their bowl game, amiright? :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:33 pm“Every record
Does bowl games even matter? You're in the CFP or you're nothing

Also, that's sooooo 2022.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:59 pm Also, that's sooooo 2022.
Good point. Our teams are now undefeated.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:17 pm
TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:59 pm Also, that's sooooo 2022.
Good point. Our teams are now undefeated.
OSU lost just after midnight, no?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

The kick missed right at midnight depending on time zone.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:47 pm The kick missed right at midnight depending on time zone.
Let's use Atlantic time :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Word on OSU Twitter is that Day is giving up play calling next season. That's the right move. He called one hell of a game this weekend, but as a HC, he has too many other things to focus on.

He needs to make some tough choices on D. Knowles is a good DC and greatly improved things, but he doesn't recruit. Larry Johnson is a legend, but he doesn't like to fly. Perry E. is the safety coach and is not a great coach (He was my BIL's neighbor as the DC at BGSU and his D there was horrendous.). He's one of the only people who recruits right now. Former Buckeye Darron Lee is being courted to come in and coach. They're losing too many big name LBs and DBs because of a lack of effort on that side of the ball.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

But. . . He said he had no intention of going back to NFL. . .

Just keep us on the leash until all the good college coaches are off the table, then go ahead and accept an offer leaving Michigan to flounder.

I wish Michigan had the balls to just boot him and hire a new one. Not because he deserves to be fired, but because there's ZERO loyalty and would totally do what I said above.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Unfortunately, that's the nature of the beast and not just a TTUN problem. I've heard rumors of Day listening to NFL offers, although those seem to have been shot down...for now. Meyer and Saban went to the NFL. Most people do, and honestly, I get it. There is magical stuff about the college level and the pay is basically the same or even higher depending on the school. However, the recruiting travel/schedule was always brutal and now there's NIL shit that is completely unregulated.

It sounds like a nightmare.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

The difference with Meyer is, he retired, then went. Gave the school plenty of time to deal with the departure. He didn't just show up late, late, late season saying "Later bitches!!".

I understand it's the nature of the beast and everyone needs to do what's best for them. But there should be some sense of loyalty. Most people give the courtesy of a two weeks notice. Coaches should as well.

I can only hope the the university is doing their own talking behind the scenes. But I'm guessing they aren't because we'd hear about it.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

You really think he'd go to Cleveland?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:25 pm You really think he'd go to Cleveland?
I wouldn't go there, the Rams, or Denver.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Did I not post it in the NFL thread? Word is he's already met with Tapper about the Panthers HC job. It's on ESPN's front page.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:24 pm Did I not post it in the NFL thread? Word is he's already met with Tapper about the Panthers HC job. It's on ESPN's front page.
I mean, Tapper can pull up a dump truck of money.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:31 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:24 pm Did I not post it in the NFL thread? Word is he's already met with Tapper about the Panthers HC job. It's on ESPN's front page.
I mean, Tapper can pull up a dump truck of money.
He'll need it. Cowherd reported that Denver is ready to give Harbaugh $20M/yr if Payton says no to them.