NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Can I predict you finish in the top 25 next year? Maybe 18.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:35 pm Can I predict you finish in the top 25 next year? Maybe 18.
I'LL TAKE IT
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:43 pm Way too early top 25.

OSU's D is definitely going to be a question mark.

Bama's WR corps is a huge question mark because Young looked like shit without his two best WRs.

TTUN at #5 is going to be shaky. They're losing very key players, and just lost the coach responsible for their two studs that went pro. They still might lose Harbaugh. They also have a ridiculously easy schedule per a TTUN fan friend (I haven't looked at it, so that might be false?).

I assume UNC is missing because that QB is leaving?
Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:35 pm Can I predict you finish in the top 25 next year? Maybe 18.
!RmindME 12/9/2022

What's interesting to me is NCSU above Clemson. That would be pretty big for a program where they were ready to fire their head coach 1 year ago.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Clemson lost a lot of key players to the draft and the portal along with their top two coordinators. It will be really interesting to see if this program crashes.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

OSU's new schedule for 2022.

The B1G is redoing everyone's schedule for next year (Minnesota's traditional 6-0 run isn't going to happen next year...) and apparently are going to redo all the schedules through 2025. No idea why.

OSU loses the back to back road games @ MSU and @ PSU, but now plays Iowa then @PSU.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

The defensive overhaul at OSU is in full gear today.

Al Washington, LB coach, is out. Rightly so as our LBs sucked last year.

Kerry Coombs is out.

Dude is a Buckeye through and through. It's sad to see him go in this manner, but I'm still a fan. He just reached a point where he was in over his head.

Jags CB coach and former OSU CB returning to coach CBs.

OSU steals Cincy's (the college) CB coach to come coach safeties.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

If The Game were held today and in Columbus, Vegas says OSU would be 13 point favorites over TTUN.

During the championship game, Twitter kind of blew up with people really questioning the Heisman selection process. Young lost his two best WRs and couldn't do shit. Meanwhile, the Rose Bowl had just happened and Stroud was without his two best WRs, yet he went out and broke records. And just to further this point, who the hell is Zappe? Pickett at #20 and he's expected to be the first QB taken in the draft.

Oh and for the record, I was on board with Hutchinson possibly winning, but then he completely no showed against UGA.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

UGA-Bama title game is bad for the sport.

ESPN's constant behind the scenes manipulation and the NCAA not enforcing the same rules, particularly in scheduling, upon all conferences/teams is why this has been going on.

One of OSU's best players, Zach Harrison, is hinting that he's returning next year instead of going to the NFL. That's pretty big news.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

The Rose Bowl. I feel like it was a 'fake' game because there were so many people missing. NEITHER team had a defense, thus all of the records being broken. I was seeing stuff thinking "none of this should count".

Hutchinson wasn't really a 'no show'. He just felt like he had to do more pass coverage than rushing for some reason. Probably because pretty much everyone was lacking that game. Team was WAY off. I called it choking. Had they played that day, the same as they did against OSU, it would have been a different game. Enough to win? Maybe not. But at least it wouldn't have been embarrassing. No one played well (that I can remember).
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:30 am I feel like it was a 'fake' game because there were so many people missing.
You could say that about every bowl game except the playoffs. End of the day, did two teams go out and play a game to win? If so, that's a game, it's competitive, and it counts. Otherwise, let's go ahead and say TTUN didn't beat OSU this year because OSU had some guys missing, other guys were sick, and the game should have been in Columbus since TTUN forfeited last year throwing off the schedule. Thus, it was a "fake" game.

BTW, OSU was missing 24 players, Utah wasn't missing anyone. So was it just a "fake" game for OSU?

I'm being snarky, but where does the line get drawn between "real" and "fake" games? Bama was down their top two WRs, should we have cancelled the game until they were full strength? OSU played multiple games this year missing half a dozen or more players due to covid protocols (somehow Bama hasn't had anyone miss a game for covid...they must have some kind of excellent vaccine nobody else gets), were those all fake games or real ones?
Cakedaddy wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:30 am NEITHER team had a defense, thus all of the records being broken.
OSU had no defense. (Not even top 50 total defense.) Utah's defense ended the season ranked 27th in the nation. They were #15 (total defense) before the bowl game:
Total defense national ranking: 318 yards per game (No. 12)

Scoring defense national ranking: 20.6 points per game (No. 22)

Opponent third down conversion rate: 37.4% (No. 49)

Ranking seventh in sacks and 10th overall in tackles for loss this season, Utah's defense was a play-making unit led by probable first-round pick Devin Lloyd. The Pac-12's Defensive Player of the Year contributed 22 stops behind the line of scrimmage, second only to Alabama's Will Anderson Jr., who finished inside the top 5 in Heisman voting. Utah has a chance to end the season with a major momentum-building win over Ohio State during its first appearance in the Rose Bowl.
Cakedaddy wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:30 am Hutchinson wasn't really a 'no show'. He just felt like he had to do more pass coverage than rushing for some reason.
UGA's game plan made him a non-factor, and he doesn't decide when to drop into coverage. That's the DC making those calls.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:40 pm BTW, OSU was missing 24 players, Utah wasn't missing anyone. So was it just a "fake" game for OSU?
Any game against the PAC12 is fake.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I laughed.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Michigan and more inappropriateness
The University of Michigan fired Mark Schlissel as president Saturday, following an investigation by the board of regents into his relationship with another university employee.

Over a period of years, the regents said in a letter made public, Dr. Schlissel used his university email account “to communicate with that subordinate in a manner inconsistent with the dignity and reputation of the University.” Dr. Schlissel was removed for cause, according to the letter.

The regents began their investigation in December, after receiving an anonymous tip that Dr. Schlissel may have had an “inappropriate relationship” with an employee.

The board also posted online dozens of emails and text message exchanges Dr. Schlissel had with the employee, whose name was redacted. The board said the letters indicated he was using official University of Michigan business “as a means to pursue and carry out a personal relationship with the subordinate.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

If he wasn't using his position to force or influence the other person's decision to get freaky with him, then who gives a fuck?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:03 pm If he wasn't using his position to force or influence the other person's decision to get freaky with him, then who gives a fuck?
Honestly, I Agree, but that's not how things are any more.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:05 pm
Leisher wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:03 pm If he wasn't using his position to force or influence the other person's decision to get freaky with him, then who gives a fuck?
Honestly, I Agree, but that's not how things are any more.
So stupid. It's the same logic as people getting cancelled for saying a word or phrase that people hate, no matter what context or intent was behind it.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:24 pm Michigan and more inappropriateness
I scanned it and their dirty talk game is lame.

The most interesting thing in there is how much money he spent going anywhere and doing anything he wanted.