NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Well, poop.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:23 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:16 pm
TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:38 pm538 says
538 said Hillary had a 99% chance of winning. :D

Can't win shit if you can't play D.
NO! NO THEY DIDN'T YOU FUCKING LIAR!

They said 73%, and were LAMBASTED for giving Trump a chance.
Ha!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:17 pmWell, poop.
Bad day for us both.

Looks like Purdue is trying to lose as well.

On the bright side, now I'm 99% less interested in watching the rest of the tourney. I can work on other things tonight.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Our family still has a bracket. Winner picks dinner. And I'm in two other brackets. I dont think I've lost any final four teams. But man I sucked at calling the upsets yesterday. I did get Cuse, but that was it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:58 am OSU fans hating on Liddell
Not fans, assholes and probably gamblers. Fuck them. They should be banned from Twitter and all OSU events/campuses for life.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Well, that was a fun first round. In one of my brackets, I do have UCLA-Abilene Christian, so I should have gone to Vegas. 14/16 Sweet Sixteen teams alive (Thanks OSU + Purdue!)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Illinois looks like they want to join the bracket busting party.

My dad, former official, has had a theory about B1G bball for years and why they have been having bad luck in the tourney. He believes the physical style the B1G officials allow is a huge detriment when they are being officiated by officials from other conferences.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Oh my goodness. B10, sucking ass.

I had Illinois getting upset in all of my brackets... but not this early :)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

My theory is that the Big Ten beat a super weak ACC in the B10-ACC challenge, then coasted on that for the rest of the year, just playing each other.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I've also seen many folks saying the seedings were an absolute mess this year.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:42 pm I've also seen many folks saying the seedings were an absolute mess this year.
I look forward to seeing their perfect bracket.s
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Rutgers, almost the pride of the B10
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

This has been a pretty fun tournament, even without UNC.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Oral Roberts continues wearing the glass slippers.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

A #1 seed is beaten in the first round for the first time ever a few years ago. A #15 seed advances to the Sweet Sixteen for only the 2nd time ever, but the 2nd time since 2013. A landslide of double digit seeds are advancing and upsets, which used to be more of a rarity, and now pretty standard. Meanwhile, the blue blood programs are barely getting in or not even making it.

What do you think is the driving force here? More overall talent? One and done players hampering programs? Seeding formulas failing?

March Madness has become more erratic, unpredictable, and fun. However, it has also become sloppy and less fun. Upsets don't really mean as much these days. Are teams really "Cinderellas" (overachieving) when half the field qualifies as such?

Considering the results lately, maybe we should be eliminating all play in games and such? Just let every single college in before the season even starts.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:59 am What do you think is the driving force here? More overall talent? One and done players hampering programs? Seeding formulas failing?
The #1 seed lost because they play a style of game that is susceptible to it. They are their own issue.

I think the pandemic has a decent impact. Young teams (Duke, UNC, Kentucky) didn't have the same time to practice and get together. Wisconsin had 6 seniors against UNC. Schedules were interrupted. Fans were missing, and still are from the NCAA.

The one and done certainly has an impact as well, since players that used to stick around 3 years are only around for 1, so the talent disparity is less.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Yahoo sports says by the committee's own rules, Illinois got fucked over by a seeding mistake.
TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:53 am The #1 seed lost because they play a style of game that is susceptible to it. They are their own issue.
I think it rolls into my dad's theory. Once Cockburn went out within the first 5 minutes with foul trouble, it was over. In the B1G, he probably would not have been in foul trouble.
TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:53 am I think the pandemic has a decent impact.
Fair and agree.
TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:53 am The one and done certainly has an impact as well, since players that used to stick around 3 years are only around for 1, so the talent disparity is less.
I would say this has had the biggest impact, and also Steph Curry. He was a big fish in a little pond at Davidson, but pushing his team in the tourney showed you don't need to be a star at UNC to get drafted.