NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Ugh, more white supremacy.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

You, sir, are on fire this week.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Six weeks ago, when their team was 5-0 and No. 4 in the country, many Penn Staters feared they were going to lose James Franklin to USC.
Now, after four losses in the past five games in a season that has careened out of control, many Penn State fans are fearful they will be stuck with Franklin because no other program wants him.
How quickly things change, Ron Cook writes.
Coaches in a nutshell.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:18 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:24 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:13 pm Good luck!

OSU is 1-0 after making a go ahead basket with .3 seconds left against Akron.
Saw that... oof.
Yeah, not an impressive start, but the announcers, who were not Buckeyes or even in the building, were talking about how Akron was supposed to be a really good team this year. We'll see. Obviously now that we have beaten them I hope they win the rest of their schedule.
Did they same the same about Xavier? :P
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

On the road at undefeated Xavier with two stars out. Tough game. Now onto Florida to play Seton Hall. Uh oh...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:23 pm On the road at undefeated Xavier with two stars out. Tough game. Now onto Florida to play Seton Hall. Uh oh...
What happened to your two? Injuries?

SH going to wreck the B10
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:31 pm What happened to your two? Injuries?
Yeah. One is out indefinitely.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

So... OSU vs UGA, eh?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Two more games against ranked opponents before we discuss the CFP.

Might want to get rid of it now…
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

WTF did I just watch in Utah?!

Coach calls a TO with 11 seconds left in the half and it's 4th down Oregon.

Punt returner makes the most of it!

28-0 Utah
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Imagine how much Utah would have beaten MSU by...
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Ha! They did look like world beaters.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I imagine it has to be:

UGA
OSU
Bama
Cincy

this week
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Nice play from DII (I assume?). But, why are the colors of the uniforms the opposite of the colors for the scores?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Love seeing the hogs get involved, and that's pretty ingenious IF it was a planned play.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Here's ESPN's SEC Secretary of Propaganda, Heather Dinich, justifying how a 2 loss Alabama team could end up in the final four:
Even if the Tide drops one spot this week, this remains a very real possibility, assuming Alabama loses a close game to Georgia in the SEC championship game. Entering Week 11, according to the Allstate Playoff Predictor, there is a 70% chance a 13-0 Georgia AND an 11-2 Alabama would finish in the top four. Alabama continues to be helped by the number of SEC teams ranked in the CFP Top 25, as it has wins against No. 12 Ole Miss, No. 25 Mississippi State and now No. 21 Arkansas. Even without a conference title, that's more wins against CFP Top 25 teams than Cincinnati and Notre Dame will finish with combined.

In order for a team to finish in the top four without winning a conference title, the selection committee would have to consider it "unequivocally" one of the four best teams. The committee would have to justify a two-loss Tide ahead of a one-loss Big 12 champion, one-loss Notre Dame and undefeated Cincinnati -- along with any two-loss Power 5 conference champions. Their résumé, statistics and so-called eye test just might be enough to do it.
I really wonder if she is dumb enough to genuinely believe this nonsense or if she knows she's a biased propaganda spewing unethical pile of shit.

Also, I bolded a key part up there, and it's why Bama's opponents, hell SEC opponents, always seem to get ranked right before playing them. That is how the system is manipulated.

Two other notes:
-Saw a Bama fan on Twitter, in the same thread, talk about how Bama losing to Texas A&M was a good loss because A&M is ranked NOW, and then, he was explaining how they beat a ranked AT THE TIME Miami team so it doesn't matter that they're now 5-5 or whatever. Do people actually consider their arguments or do they just talk and whatever comes out is what they stick with?
-If Cincy stays at 5 this week, the CFP are probably angling to keep them out of the playoffs. I wonder if the CFP regrets ranking them so high when they did? You know, IF their intention is to deny them entry.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:00 pm Do people actually consider their arguments or do they just talk and whatever comes out is what they stick with?
People really just try to justify their position, then end.
Leisher wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:00 pm If Cincy stays at 5 this week, the CFP are probably angling to keep them out of the playoffs. I wonder if the CFP regrets ranking them so high when they did? You know, IF their intention is to deny them entry.
I'm not really sold on Cincy, but there's no good #4 team. You got UGA, then everyone else has flaws. OSU has the fewest flaws. Probably followed by Bama, then it's: Cincy/Notre Dame/Michigan/The other OSU I guess. And those are probably pretty close to 50/50 games.