NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Tough game for OSU tonight.

Facing a 5th year starting QB, a senior RB who might be the nation's best, one of the best and biggest O lines in the nation (also filled with seniors), at night, on the road, with both starting CBs out, with a 19 year old freshman QB making his first ever start...

They pulled it off, but they're not a championship team at this point.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:55 pm Hey Catt...

Minnesota's kick returner is a transfer from UNC.

OSU's kicker is a transfer from UNC.
Look at the Big 10 having to use UNC's castoffs! :)
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:28 am
Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:55 pm Hey Catt...

Minnesota's kick returner is a transfer from UNC.

OSU's kicker is a transfer from UNC.
Look at the Big 10 having to use UNC's castoffs! :)
This comment is exactly what I expected. :D

The KR didn't do much. The kicker made a FG and all the XPs.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

This is a mockup of the rumored Big-12 expansion

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:08 am The KR didn't do much. The kicker made a FG and all the XPs.
He was pretty good, just lost his spot to someone better.
Well, at least the Big 12 would be the Big 12 again.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Well fuck a duck.

I don't know if it's the o-line coach, the players, or what -> but we returned the entire starting line and they're still swiss fucking cheese.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Sorry man. Good news is it's the first game so you can recover.

Plus, I know another team that lost to VT early in the year and then went on to win the championship.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:03 am Plus, I know another team that lost to VT early in the year and then went on to win the championship.
lol
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Embarassin vs Powerhouse for college football

Well, at least we're less embarrassing than OSU.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

PSU beats Wisconsin. UW had been 5.5 pt favorites, just like UNC, so everyone can shut up now.

Also, UO beat Tulane by 5, despite being 31+ point favorites.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:44 am
Kevin Kelley, one of the most successful high school football coaches in the country and well-known for his unique approach to strategy that includes never punting and almost always onside-kicking
I wish they included how well those approaches worked. I want #s
Game 1 https://www.thestate.com/sports/college ... 86818.html

1 for 10 on onside kicks, though
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:25 pm Embarassin vs Powerhouse for college football

Well, at least we're less embarrassing than OSU.
That entire grid is flawed thanks to all the coverups in the SEC by ESPN. And I guess purposely destroying kids' careers and attempting to block them from being able to transfer when they're not getting playing time is a source of pride, right Bama?
TheCatt wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:51 pm Also, UO beat Tulane by 5, despite being 31+ point favorites.
OU's kicker had to make 3 50+ yard FGs, and Tulane was driving, but missed a first down by 1 yard with 1:44 left in the 4th on OU's 44 yard line.

Iowa probably had the most impressive performance of the weekend. They hammered Indiana.

I'd say Bama looked good, but let's be honest, Miami at #14 was a joke. They received the annual "let's falsely rank Bama's 1st opponent really high" push and now will sink back to reality. And if you really think Miami wasn't a joke, know that their QB, King, barely beat out Tate Martell who transferred to UNLV and not only isn't starting there, but didn't even dress for their game.

The worst game of the weekend was Georgia-Clemson. Zero offensive TDs. Both defenses looked good, but those offenses were bad. Clemson's, in particular, was shockingly bad. Their line was as effective as having long grass instead of a fence. Their new QB was inaccurate and never felt pressure. Clemson will be favored in every game in the ACC, but I'm not sure they can run the table this year.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Oh, and UCLA looked great too.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:32 pm Iowa probably had the most impressive performance of the weekend. They hammered Indiana.
Never heard of them, did you mean Indinia?
Leisher wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:32 pm Clemson's, in particular, was shockingly bad. Their line was as effective as having long grass instead of a fence.
Maybe they learned from UNC?

ACC sucked a big one this weekend. Unless Va Tech somehow runs the table, it's over for the ACC. We're the B12 this year. OR the Pac12. Whatever, enjoy your 3 team SEC + OSU playoffs.

Oregon looked awful.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:44 pm Never heard of them, did you mean Indinia?
Ha! I was just coming to post that. Hilarious!
TheCatt wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:44 pm Unless Va Tech somehow runs the table, it's over for the ACC.
I think Clemson can still get in just based on nobody else being around.

I don't think OSU is a lock either. Stroud settled down, but he didn't look great. I'm also still not sold on Kerry Coombs as the DC. I think this year is going to be make or break for him. His defenses aren't aggressive, pursuit routes are poor, and their tackling is clearly not being worked on.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:03 pm I think Clemson can still get in just based on nobody else being around.
Clemson is behind UGA, Bama, OSU, and OU. Clemson still has a chance, but they need UGA to drop 1 game, win the East, and lose to Bama for a 2nd loss. Or OU to lose a game, period. OSU, 1 loss... enough good wins would probably still be ahead of them.

Barring a Cincinatti miracle (UND is their only good game now that IU got exposed).

Clemson cannot lose again. They have no ranked opponents left, although NCSU might get ranked.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

*sigh* Fucking ESPN putting business before reporting the actual facts:
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher, tell your receiver to play the ball, not the ground.