NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Dabo is getting murdered on Twitter for his takes here.

This is going to kill Clemson on the recruiting trail.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Saban warns NIL deals are going to ruin college sports unless they're regulated. Does so while lying and recruiting.

Saban says:
“So last year on our team, our guys probably made as much or more than anybody in the country.”
The article then takes that as gospel:
He even noted that Alabama players likely made more than any other school’s players in NIL deals. That’s yet another selling point for players considering Alabama.
From here:
Ohio State University, which leads the nation in NIL compensation, reported last month that football was its top-earning men’s sport, bringing in 173 deals worth nearly $2.7 million. Its top-earning women’s sport—gymnastics—brought in 35 deals worth around $32,000.
That's with a single Google search that took 10 seconds. Being a reporter is hard apparently.

Jimbo agrees with me on this type of journalism:
Texas A&M coach Jimbo Fisher famously got defensive after signing day amid rumors that a fund for NIL deals was a key factor in his staff securing the top-ranked recruiting class in the country.

“There is no $30 million fund. There is no $5 million. There is no $10 million. This is garbage, OK? It pisses me off,” Fisher said in his signing day news conference in February. “It comes from a site called ‘Bro Bible’ by a guy named ‘SlicedBread’ and then everybody runs with it. So it’s written on the internet and it’s gospel. How irresponsible is that?”
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:54 pm Ohio State University, which leads the nation in NIL compensation, reported last month that football was its top-earning men’s sport, bringing in 173 deals worth nearly $2.7 million. Its top-earning women’s sport—gymnastics—brought in 35 deals worth around $32,000.
I can't believe how sexist OSU's NIL deals are.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:29 am I can't believe how sexist OSU's NIL deals are.
Ha! I can't believe how sexist women are towards women. There's more of them, but they don't support their own!

In other news, and this is for Stranger...did you watch the spring game? Joshua Perry called it as the color man and I tweeted at him about his performance. He liked it! (And seriously, he really did do a great job.)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

NCAA tournament for next year

UNC - #2 seed - Must be assuming everyone comes back.
Duke - #3 seed
OSU - #7 seed

!Rmindme 3/13/2023
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I was hoping he'd eventually come to OSU :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I wonder how much scholarships even matter in a world of NIL. At UNC, it's about $26k for in-state, and $53k for out of state (numbers may be from a few years ago).

If you can get a $1M NIL deal... who cares? Does the 13 scholarship limit even matter? Why not just "walk on"? (talking basketball here, but why not football, too?)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Good point. That's probably a loophole Saban is working on exploiting right now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Playboy should do a Athletes of the <Conference> NIL deal :D

All of UNC's eligible starters have elected to return (4 of 5 starters, Manek out of eligibility).
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

All NCAA rules are being rewritten.

College football and basketball are about to become professional leagues in almost every way. There are 130 D1 teams and 120 of them just lost any hope of ever winning a title.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Come play for family at UNC, instead of on the plantation at Duke.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Racist.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Well, seemed inevitable.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

He backed down, but kept his name in the NBA draft.

Interesting that they specifically mentioned his "amazing mom". I have a hunch she might have put the smack down on him.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Ex-MSU bball player Payne murdered.

This guy was a good player, but a better human. Research him and you'll see what he did for Lacey Holsworth.

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

He was shot while breaking up a domestic dispute between friends.

And damn the dude who shot him is an idiot.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Opening weekend has ND @ OSU at 7:30 p.m. with College Gameday there.

Apparently Bama fans are pissed that their game against Texas is at noon. Ha!