NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

"Paid internships" are now available... no abuse there.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

"Texas Boosters" - nice. And Kansas. Was looking for the jokes, took me a minute. Bama, Michigan.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, the Michigan one is why I posted it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

Except that it's not a joke. . .
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Biggest "Duh!" story of the year? Dabo is excited about player compensation.

Makes it easier for him to pay players!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:14 pm Biggest "Duh!" story of the year? Dabo is excited about player compensation.

Makes it easier for him to pay players!
Right? Why bother hiding it when someone can have a $10k "appearance fee"?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Technically, NIL might not be paying players from his perspective, since the university is not making the payments.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC moves up after grabbing Marquete transfer Dawson Garcia who I had never heard of, but seems good?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Buckeyes involved in the tattoo scandal want their records restored.

Never should have lost them in the first place. Only the NCAA can justify a person not being able to sell their own property.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:59 pm Buckeyes involved in the tattoo scandal want their records restored.

Never should have lost them in the first place. Only the NCAA can justify a person not being able to sell their own property.
Nope, and fuck em forever, rules are rules, blah blah blah.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:17 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:59 pm Buckeyes involved in the tattoo scandal want their records restored.

Nope, and fuck em forever, rules are rules, blah blah blah.
Honestly, rules are rules. Without them there's no point to any game. No pride in victory. No emotion in defeat. It's why there is a salary cap, roster size minimums and maximums, penalties, draft order, rules against collusion, rules about recording other teams, rules about communication within stadiums/areans, etc. (Horror movies without rules are garbage.)

The OSU "scandal" was mostly horseshit, but the players did break a rule. Supposedly, the real "crime" that made the NCAA act was when Tressel tried to cover it up. (Kind of worked out in OSU's favor though. Without that scandal, Tressel doesn't leave, Urban doesn't come in, and Day isn't there now.) Now as tame as that scandal was (it affected NOTHING on the field), the shit that went on at SMU, Miami, most of the SEC to this day :D , is outright cheating. What does it say when we excuse a lot of that because a rule changed today? I mean, they were outright cheating to gain a competitive advantage.

I think we should forgive players, but not schools who were actively cheating. Not even sure it would be possible to separate the two?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:41 pm Dabo not in favor of 12 team playoff.

Of course he's not.
"Duh"
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I mean, you may as well.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Oh, I wasn't ripping him. I think you'll see all schools doing it.

Of course, the real interesting part will be seeing who gets paid what and how many transfers take place once results on the field don't match money paid.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Schools respond to a rumor that Texas and Oklahoma approached the SEC about joining.

Interesting that A&M said they would fight to prevent that from happening. Also interesting that, if true, Texas was leaving behind Texas Tech. One of the stipulations with Texas was that any conference had to take TT as well.

Of course, this could all be bullshit and just be posturing by Texas and Oklahoma to get more out of the B12. Considering the new 12 team playoffs, this move would actually hurt both schools' chances to get into the playoffs more than help them. You'd be recruiting against SEC schools, your chances of winning your conference would be dramatically reduced, your "piece of the pie" from revenues would shrink, and so on.

That being said, if the B1G had a clue, and they don't, they should immediately counter this rumor by talking to Texas and Oklahoma about joining them instead. Texas and the B1G were rumored to have interest in one another for years anyway. Hell, the B1G should include ND, USC, Oregon, FSU, and Clemson in those talks as well. Why the hell not? We all know super conferences are coming. Why wait to get the leftovers? Grab the biggest names now.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

BTW, OSU Twitter is blowing up with speculation on this and something I see repeated by multiple sources is the B1G has an interest in UVA and UNC...