NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:33 am Oh, Damn.
Roy Williams retires
All good things... They should hire Mike Tomlin to replace him! :D

Who do you think they'll get? UNC is clearly a great job for college bball, so it should attract some big names.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:41 am UNC is clearly a great job for college bball, so it should attract some big names.
I HAVE nO IDEA.

Feels premature to hire Wes Miller.

I want to know why he's retiring.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:59 am I want to know why he's retiring.
My guesses would be:
1. Health
2. The grind of recruiting
3. Doesn't like what the game is becoming thanks to the NBA
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC potential candidates.
I like to see Wright, Few, and Drew's names. They are stronger than the family candidates, imho. Please, God, don't get Bennett. I would die watching that offense.
Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:57 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:59 am I want to know why he's retiring.
My guesses would be:
1. Health
2. The grind of recruiting
3. Doesn't like what the game is becoming thanks to the NBA
He says he just isn't as sharp and good of a coach as he used to be.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Kansas locks up Bill Self for life, after having their previous coach poached by UNC.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:27 pm Kansas locks up Bill Self for life, after having their previous coach poached by UNC.
That's actually pretty smart on their part.

Why don't you stay away from Holtman!? Although, if you do poach him, I hope OSU parks a Brinks truck in front of Few's house.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:27 pm
TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:27 pm Kansas locks up Bill Self for life, after having their previous coach poached by UNC.
That's actually pretty smart on their part.

Why don't you stay away from Holtman!? Although, if you do poach him, I hope OSU parks a Brinks truck in front of Few's house.
Holtman's probably my 3rd choice after Wright and Few, though. The UNC family hasn't done great.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

This guy had two options on how to deal with his name. I wonder which way he went?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC goes family. https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/col ... 64439.html

Hubert Davis. Cannot say I'm excited, but we'll see.

!remindme 3/1/2025
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

He'll probably be fine. He played under Smith and I assume would still be able to call Williams for advice.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:41 pm He'll probably be fine. He played under Smith and I assume would still be able to call Williams for advice.
all I know is that every program without a black head coach is racist.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:12 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:41 pm He'll probably be fine. He played under Smith and I assume would still be able to call Williams for advice.
all I know is that every program without a black head coach is racist.
That's a given.

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Since Indiana ran the table in 76(?) every undefeated team that made the title game has lost there.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:42 pm Since Indiana ran the table in 76(?) every undefeated team that made the title game has lost there.
To be fair, the Zags play a shitty regular season.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:46 am
Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:42 pm Since Indiana ran the table in 76(?) every undefeated team that made the title game has lost there.
They still crushed everyone in their way up until the final two games of the tournament.

They're also the favorites to win it all next year.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:29 am
TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:46 am
They still crushed everyone in their way up until the final two games of the tournament.

Over-rated, barely beat an 11 seed in OT on a lucky shot. And had the easiest matchups
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:08 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:29 am
TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:46 am To be fair, the Zags play a shitty regular season.

Over-rated, barely beat an 11 seed in OT on a lucky shot. And had the easiest matchups
To be fair, that 11 seed had already beaten another #1...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »