NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:19 am C's mom's remembrance ceremony was this weekend, we had family in town, not very basketbally.
You mentioned that previously, but I was just teasing. I know that there was no way you'd root for Duke, particularly on Coach K's farewell tour.

Speaking of...if Duke and UNC meet in the Final Four, I'm calling shenanigans.
TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:19 amEh, maybe.
It did. I watched that game live. The T cost them momentum and gave whoever they were playing free points.
TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:19 am But we can all agree the officiating this weekend was fucking garbage.
The way they assign officials has to change. Currently, they are comprised of "all stars" from the various conferences, which in theory is fine. However, these people never work with one another so they have no idea what their styles are. Plus, the conferences themselves have different styles. That's why in the OSU-Loyola game the under official on one end was calling tick tack stuff, while on the other end the official was letting them play. There was no consistency from end to end, let alone game to game. (Sidenote: That official who called the T on Illinois was also the guy calling tick tack fouls in the OSU-Loyola game.

What should be done is instead of bringing in individual officials, conferences should put up their top two officiating crews. If you don't know, officials get graded all year long by coaches, ADs, and conference officials. Thus, they know who their best officials and crews are. With a crew, calls would be far more consistent within a game and coaches could prepare their teams:
"B1G crew today so be aware this will be more physical than what we're used to."
"Big East crew today so don't be as physical."
"SEC crew today so somebody give me $100 and I'll ensure we get some good calls."
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:31 am but I was just teasing.
I know. Was just explaining why I wasn't very engaged to that game. I still haven't even seen the UNC-Baylor game, hopefully today.
Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:31 am "SEC crew today so somebody give me $100 and I'll ensure we get some good calls."
:)
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

ACC has the BEST win-loss record in the Power 5, despite having only 1 team who should still be around by seeding.

2nd best overall behind the MAAC (St Peter's conference), lol
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Stroud impresses at OSU's pro day.

He was throwing for Olave and Wilson. It's going to be interesting to watch if teams do tank next year for him and Young after all the tanking talk that came out during the Flores lawsuit. Not to mention the trades this year might have just been an appetizer for next year's action.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

SEC even more overrated than the B10
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Arkansas is going to win and they should thank the officials after the game. When the announcers and the retired official in the booth are questioning every single call and replaying huge things you missed like a player's entire foot being out of bounds, you suck or are paid off.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:10 pm Arkansas is going to win and they should thank the officials after the game. When the announcers and the retired official in the booth are questioning every single call and replaying huge things you missed like a player's entire foot being out of bounds, you suck or are paid off.
You know what? FUCK GONZAGA!

They want to play? join a real fucking conference.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Ha! What does that have to do with the officials?

Talked to my dad, he shut the game off at halftime because the officiating is so bad. It really bothers me that the last few tournaments, "bad officiating" has been a huge story, but the NCAA and the conferences aren't doing anything about it. There's no consistency and officials are given jobs based more on who they know or to fill a quota rather than skill.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:38 pm Ha! What does that have to do with the officials?
Don't care! Fuck you, Zags! Whoooo! Take Duke home with you!

I heard 2 of the UNC-Baylor refs will be working this weekend, which is sad.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:43 pm Don't care! Fuck you, Zags! Whoooo! Take Duke home with you!
I mean, you could have gone the route of "They're rigging it all for Coach K to go out on top!!" :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:50 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:43 pm Don't care! Fuck you, Zags! Whoooo! Take Duke home with you!
I mean, you could have gone the route of "They're rigging it all for Coach K to go out on top!!" :D
That's just obvious!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

25% of remaining teams are ACC. I'm going to get that stat out before tonight's games :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Interesting. I'm not saying that is related to the horrible officiating and how the whole tourney might be rigged to make Duke-UNC happen again with Coach K winning it all, but that's absolutely what's happening. :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:49 pm Interesting. I'm not saying that is related to the horrible officiating and how the whole tourney might be rigged to make Duke-UNC happen again with Coach K winning it all, but that's absolutely what's happening. :D
:D :D
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Saint Peter!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:40 pmSaint Peter!!
Here's hoping UNC joins them!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:43 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:40 pmSaint Peter!!
Here's hoping UNC joins them!
Don't you worry, the refs got you.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:59 pm
hah! Here’s hoping UNC fares better than Purdue! No b10 teams left? Still 3 ACC teams
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I'm happy for you, but I don't envy UNC's next game. The entire country is going to be rooting against you and you're the villains if you win.

But we know you're going to win because Duke will be waiting.