NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I'd prefer telling Kerry Coombs he's unemployed. The offense has been fine. The defense is non-existent. Dude has given Oregon the same look the entire game. He must still think it's the 1950s.

I think we'll see a change there in the offseason. Day was yelling at Coombs on the sideline during the 2nd quarter. He is, literally, why we are losing.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:19 pm The defense is non-existent. Dude has given Oregon the same look the entire game. He must still think it's the 1950s.
Yeah, 500+ yards is hard to excuse.

On the bright side, Ohioans can still have Toledo (beating UND, probably won't win).
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, shitty game.

I'm still not sold on Stroud. He's constantly throwing high, which says he's not getting his feet set. That means he's skittish. He made really bad reads in the RPOs today too. Cost them on two drives. He also cannot throw on the run. HIs accuracy in those situations plummets.

Super young team though, so lots to improve, but something has to be done on the defensive side of the ball. They look lost and fundamentals are completely gone. I have a feeling that without a huge improvement through the season Coombs will be demoted or gone.

I have a feeling this is going to be a bad weekend for me where OSU, Pittsburgh, and both of my fantasy teams lose.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Last week's #14 team just got a convincing win over a DII school by 2 points at home.

You cannot convince me that they don't falsely boost the ranking of Bama's week 1 opponents every year.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:20 pm Last week's #14 team just got a convincing win over a DII school by 2 points at home.

You cannot convince me that they don't falsely boost the ranking of Bama's week 1 opponents every year.
App State is FBS. They're sun bowl with CCU, iirc.
Leisher wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:54 pm Yeah, shitty game.
Way to make the PAC 12 relevant, again.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:21 pm App State is FBS. They're sun bowl with CCU, iirc.
When did they make the jump? When they beat TTUN they were DII.
TheCatt wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:21 pm Way to make the PAC 12 relevant, again.
The SEC helped do that last week too.

Also, Texas got hammered by a lower middle tier SEC team. Their future does not look bright.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:23 pm When did they make the jump? When they beat TTUN they were DII.
They were not, they were FCS back then. 2014. They had a couple of really, really good years in 2018 + 2019 and had 2 head coaches in a row hired away. No idea how 2020 went for them.

Maybe FCS used to be Div II, I can't keep track. The weird 2 Div I thing throws me off.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:34 pm Maybe FCS used to be Div II, I can't keep track. The weird 2 Div I thing throws me off.
Ditto.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

FSU got beat by Jacksonville St.

ND almost got beat by Toledo.

Nobody is beating Bama this year.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:46 am FSU got beat by Jacksonville St.

ND almost got beat by Toledo.

Nobody is beating Bama this year.
Sad, Sad, and True.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

OSU dropping all the way to 11th feels a bit much. Below ND, lol.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:34 pm OSU dropping all the way to 11th feels a bit much.
Nah. They have a lot to prove. Although, if they run the B1G you know they'll be in the top four at the end of the year.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Day is addressing OSU's D struggles.

Notice he is not committing to Coombs at all. Coombs will be gone after this year.

Doesn't matter that you're a great recruiter if you can't get the talent to perform on the field. OSU bball learned that with Randy Ayers.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

OSU today:
-13 players out that were previously unannounced.
-Kerry Coombs is up in the booth, which is new.
-D looks better, but still glaring problems, particularly the secondary where the most experienced player broke his leg last week. The secondary is fucking terrible. They're young and being coached poorly.
-The O line is not a problem.
-The D line is fine, but are really hurt by the freshmen LBs. That doesn't allow them to be as aggressive in some situations.
-Stroud is not the guy. He constantly throws high. Doesn't set his feet. Can't read defenses. Almost always chooses wrong in RPOs. And from what I've been told the play book was drastically dumbed down for him. Seems like a good kid, but he needs to improve dramatically before the offseason or he can start filling out his transfer portal paperwork because Ewers is already there. OSU might have 3 QBs enter the transfer portal in the offseason, two of them 5 stars and 1 four star. Wow.
-Day needs to have Stroud hit the TE and the slot WRs in the middle far more often so the safeties can't cheat on Wilson and Olave.
-Treveyon Henderson might be the best RB in the country already.
-This could genuinely be a 3-4 loss team this year.

FSU getting waxed by Wake Forest.

MSU proved again that Miami was crazy overrated. They also were underdogs and I bet the money line that they'd win. Woot!

VaTech went down.

Bama didn't look like a world beater today.

Oklahoma struggled at home with a terrible Nebraska team.

Clemson is struggling at home against a bad Georgia Tech team.

This might be one of those seasons where nobody deserves the title.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Oh, and Tim Brando is an absolute clown of an announcer.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

The refs for PSU-Auburn are terrible.

They made PSU punt on third down because they lost track of the downs. Video is over on ESPN if you're curious. Hint: It came from a bad grounding call.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I'm not a PSU fan, but their "white out" games are awesome.

Enjoy them before they get cancelled for being racist! :lol:
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:15 pm FSU getting waxed by Wake Forest.
Good.
Leisher wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:15 pm MSU proved again that Miami was crazy overrated.
Good!
Leisher wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:15 pm VaTech went down.
Poor ACC.

UNC beat up UVA though, so I'll take it.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Facing 49 point underdog Akron, OSU is sitting the struggling CJ Stroud this week and giving their other two 5 stars, Jack Miller and Kyle McCord a shot at QB.

Their last 5 star and heir apparent, Ewers, won't be playing at all this year barring a miracle or emergency situation.