NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

For some reason I cannot see that tweet. Something about limiting who can see their tweets.

Well, saddest part is I wanted to bet on ND to beat UNC and didn't :(

NCSU looks like they'll hit the top 10 after that win, the other teams losing, and TT beating UT.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Current SOS vs actual ranking:
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Somehow they wasted this effort and lost. The second half of the Auburn-Missouri game, which I've heard was terrible.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Clemson's game is in the middle of the flood, still.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Who has the better run game? Clemson or NC State? Is NC State winning through the air?

I could absolutely see Dabo refusing to move the game so he gets any advantage possible.

Florida will play Sunday further ensuring that nobody will be watching.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

NC State is known for its QB play and WR right now, not RBs. So I'd bet on Clemson based on that.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

#7 Kentucky lost to unranked Ole Miss, so Ole Miss will be top ten next week. Kentucky will drop to #13. #SECbias

Oklahoma got boat raced by TCU.

Purdue will never put together a full season, but they are always good for upsetting someone. Today was Minnesota's turn.

Illinois beat Wisconsin.

Parity!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:30 pm #7 Kentucky lost to unranked Ole Miss, so Ole Miss will be top ten next week. Kentucky will drop to #13. #SECbias
Ole miss was #14.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:34 pm
Leisher wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:30 pm #7 Kentucky lost to unranked Ole Miss, so Ole Miss will be top ten next week. Kentucky will drop to #13. #SECbias
Ole miss was #14.
Yes they were. My bad. They will be #7 and Kentucky will drop to #14.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I just learned TCU's O coordinator is Lincoln Riley's younger brother.

No wonder TCU is putting the boots to Oklahoma.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

41-10, UNC over Va Tech. Va Tech isn't great, but that was a really good game all around by UNC. Finally getting some better D play, too

Miami is a big game for us, ESPN gives UNC only a 25% chance of a win, despite Miami's issues.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I'll be rooting for UNC. Fuck Miami.

Bryce Young got hurt.

Barstool Sports' Arkansas account bragged about it. I note that because Barstool took a shot at OSU for the fake punt on 4th and short in the 4th up 39. What they failed to notice or mention was that it was not a called fake punt. Rutgers had a full block scheme on...which all by itself is bad sportsmanship...and the OSU punter ended up having the entire field in front of him wide open. So he did what punters are trained to do and ran. He then got drilled on a super late hit out of bounds. That player got ejected, so he'll have fun watching next week. Day and Schiano then got into a screaming match. However, at the end they shook hands discussed it and hugged.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Georgia was losing the entire game to an unranked 2-2 team, but won in the end by four points. So OSU will probably drop in the polls... :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:00 pm Georgia was losing the entire game to an unranked 2-2 team, but won in the end by four points. So OSU will probably drop in the polls... :D
Gotta fit OSU behind missouri now!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Bama jumped Georgia, but OSU still #3.

Georgia struggled with Kent State at home and should have lost to Missouri on the road. Yet they're SEC, so that means they're better than everybody except Bama.

A Bama team that would have lost to Texas without a massive assist from the refs and Texas' starting QB going down early in the game.

Meanwhile, OSU still has the best win of the year and has dominated all of their opponents so far.

If OSU was in the SEC, they'd be #1.

I don't know how this all breaks down this year, but I do know that the polls are complete garbage. People say they don't matter, but they do as they get used to determine quality of wins for the committee. I genuinely don't understand how any sports fan, even SEC ones, can be thrilled with the blatant bias not just for the SEC, but for "names". I also cannot see how Fox, NBC, and CBS will want this to continue now that they have billions on the B1G.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:56 pm Meanwhile, OSU still has the best win of the year and has dominated all of their opponents so far.
Yeah, that's what happens when you have the #87 SoS. That's almost as bad as UofM's 93.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:04 pm
Leisher wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:56 pm Meanwhile, OSU still has the best win of the year and has dominated all of their opponents so far.
Yeah, that's what happens when you have the #87 SoS. That's almost as bad as UofM's 93.
Preseason SOS is higher than any of the other top teams at 39.

Current SOS is 23 still miles ahead of others.

Where TF did you get your shitty numbers? Oh, ESPN. Ha! They have Alabama at 31 currently. 31 because they played CRAZY overrated Arkansas when they were #10. They're now 20 and the only Bama opponent that is ranked. Also, the only ranked opponent Bama has played.

In non-biased sports news...

Wisconsin fires Chryst.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:56 pm Preseason SOS is higher than any of the other top teams at 39.
I'm talking about what they've actually played. 87th, baby. ESPN. Actual data instead of made up sites no one has ever heard of :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:25 pm
Leisher wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:56 pm Preseason SOS is higher than any of the other top teams at 39.
I'm talking about what they've actually played. 87th, baby. ESPN. Actual data instead of made up sites no one has ever heard of :)
ESPN has zero credibility. They lost it once they got in bed with specific conferences.