NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:26 pm Cowherd reported that Denver is ready to give Harbaugh $20M/yr if Payton says no to them.
No fucking way.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I guess that new Denver ownership group is rich and not going to dick around. They're saying Payton would get somewhere in the >$20M range AND they'd have to give up picks to New Orleans.

The real winners of the Cotton and Peach bowl were us straight male viewers.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Texas A&M gets tech before game even starts for forgetting jerseys.

That's a new one.

Miyan Williams is returning to OSU.

Former Auburn starting QB is in Columbus today.
TTUN-TCU were at 21.4M, although they had a higher peak during 7:45-8 p.m.

Impressive numbers for both games. Considering ESPN is down to something like 73M homes thanks to cord cutting, these are even more impressive.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Harbaugh puts out insanely weak statement about staying at TTUN.

This is as non-committal as it gets:
As I stated in December, while no one knows what the future holds, I expect that I will be enthusiastically coaching Michigan in 2023
This is a cute quote:
This type of speculation and flirtation with the NFL is not new for Harbaugh and Michigan, as he interviewed with the Minnesota Vikings in 2021 before signing a contract extension to stay as Michigan's head coach.
What they leave out is he, literally, said his goodbyes before flying up there thinking he was being offered the job.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

B10 and ACC lead the way in bowl season
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Buckeyes men's bball just let Purdue escape with a 2 point win after turning the ball over with a terrible pass with 20 seconds left and a 1 point lead. Then their final play got blown up and they launched a shit shot. They did this without two starters.

Had they won, they would have moved to 9-3 against #1 ranked teams. Instead they fall to 8-4.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TTUN and Harbaugh under NCAA investigation.

I always get told by TTUN fans, not Cake, about how classy they are compared to OSU. How they have standards and integrity far above other programs. Those standards and that integrity include:
-Their greatest run in men's college bball being deleted because all the players were getting illegal perks and payments.
-Their legendary HC being tied to enabling and being silent about rape and molestation, including by one of his own sons.
-Their current men's bball HC striking a coach for another team after a game.
-Allowing a football player facing two counts of assault with a deadly weapon to continue playing. This was under Carr or Moehler.
-Allowing whatever a football player this year to keep playing despite facing violent felonies.
-The whole mess with fights in their tunnel, which gets blamed on all the other teams, yet has one common denominator.
-Their current HC flirting with the NFL constantly and screwing over the university constantly, which the university accepts like a battered girlfriend in her late 30s who is afraid of ending up alone.
-Their current HC and members of his staff being investigated for seemingly very credible violations.

Not saying any other school isn't as overrun with scandals, but that fan base, in particular, really loves to act like they have the moral high ground and they're full of shit. (Again, not Cake who is pretty honest about his team.)

Every fan base has assholes and every fan base has good fans. I'm only venting about the assholes. If Stranger reads this, he'd know some of the folks I'm talking about.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

While I do want to believe:
Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:26 pm How they have standards and integrity far above other programs.
I'm not naive or delusional enough to believe 'we would never'. It does really suck when it happens though, and I'm all for full punishment. Because we ARE better than that. The people that didn't get that memo should suffer the consequences and I don't think have any place at Michigan. They should be in Ohio. :D
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I laughed so I'll allow that comment.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:55 pm Harbaugh puts out insanely weak statement about staying at TTUN.
Cake is right. TTUN should fire his ass or sign him to a new deal that stipulates huge penalties if he courts NFL jobs.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

Is there anyone anywhere that thinks he's not shopping jobs? Why are we putting up with this? This makes us look desperate.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:55 pm Is there anyone anywhere that thinks he's not shopping jobs? Why are we putting up with this? This makes us look desperate.
Aren't you?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

The game to watch this upcoming weekend, in terms of Harbaugh, will be Dallas @ TB.

Dallas sucks on grass, but they have a pretty complete team. Jerry Jones is getting older. Sean Payton has apparently always wanted that job. If Dallas lays an egg Monday night and Jones fires McCarthy, look for Payton to become the #1 candidate there.

That would mean Harbaugh becomes the #1 candidate in Denver.

Outside possibility is the Chargers job. If they lose to the Jags this weekend, Brandon Staley could get canned in favor of Payton or Harbaugh. That team is stacked and constantly coming up short.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:25 am
Cakedaddy wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:55 pm Is there anyone anywhere that thinks he's not shopping jobs? Why are we putting up with this? This makes us look desperate.
Aren't you?
Aren't I what? Putting up with it? Not in the least. I've had at least 6 calls with UofM brass discussing this issue. I'm doing everything I can. I even told them I would do the job.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:21 pm I even told them I would do the job.
I fully endorse your hiring as the HC!!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:21 pm Aren't I what? Putting up with it? Not in the least. I've had at least 6 calls with UofM brass discussing this issue. I'm doing everything I can. I even told them I would do the job.
Desperate :)
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

I honestly have no idea. Is the college HC landscape that bad? Michigan has a lot of money. I feel like we should have some options.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:02 pm I honestly have no idea. Is the college HC landscape that bad? Michigan has a lot of money. I feel like we should have some options.
It's not that it's terrible, but it's not easy. Look at how much your school struggled to find Harbaugh. Even he struggled until it was clear he was on the hot seat and finally brought in young, hungry assistants. Honestly, OSU's biggest mistake during the Harbaugh era was hiring away two of his D coaches. It spurred Harbaugh bringing in new people.

So can you hand it off to one of those young coaches? Sure, but your fanbase really has that stupid "Michigan Man" requirement that is going to hurt your coach's popularity, and thus, the amount of time before they bitch. Also, coaches are kind of a crap shoot. Just because they're a great Xs and Os person does not mean they're going to be a good HC.

On top of that, being one of the premier programs in the country is another obstacle. Many coaches won't come to work for TTUN, OSU, Bama, Texas, etc. At least not until they really have established their name. Why? Because failure there could mean the end of their careers if they go there too soon. Fickell had one year at OSU and didn't do awesome, got demoted, had to go to Cincy to prove himself, and now is at Wisconsin where he is still proving himself. Dude really wants the OSU job.

Anyway, point being, Harbaugh fills that "Michigan Man" requirement, is winning, and is a big name. That's why they let him play games with them.

However, you are right, him constantly courting these NFL jobs are showing kids and their parents that he is lying to their faces and doesn't care. If the school cared about the kids, they'd put an end to it.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

In my opinion, he's not 'playing games with them'. He's actively looking to leave, for the second year in a row! The only reason he's still there is because he can't find a job. Not because of some loyalty. And ya, the whole Michigan Man thing. . . While they are always more fun, I do wish it would stop being pretty much a requirement.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Well, last week's games were good...