NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Big12 really pushing for expansion.

I've heard Phil Knight is telling Oregon it's the B1G or nothing.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:58 pm Big12 really pushing for expansion.

I've heard Phil Knight is telling Oregon it's the B1G or nothing.
The B12 is worthless.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Mike Gundy "jokingly" asks a legit question.

WTF would the B12 allow UT and OU to attend meetings still? I'd tell them to fuck off.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:01 am UNC loses their first bball recruit to a decommit in 20 years.

That's a hell of a run.
Well, poop.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Jimmy H is a keynote speaker at a pro-life event.

I don't believe I knew he was super religious?

Jim Harbaugh discussing Covid and suggesting it's God's punishment for abortion:
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I knew he was Catholic, and vaguely remember him talking about it. But not much.

Article from 2017 him going to see the Pope with his whole team. I don't remember that, though.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:49 pm Good luck with that!
I mean, I dont think you can say what's really going to happen.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:04 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:49 pm Good luck with that!
I mean, I dont think you can say what's really going to happen.
While there is always a chance Vanderbilt could become the best program in the country, the odds are strongly against it. They would need to lower their academic standards and figure out how to raise a ton of NIL money. Then they would need Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, USC, Oregon, Oklahoma, and a bunch of other schools to just crash, particularly those programs in their own conference.

I love the guy's attitude though. Why bother if you don't want to be the best?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:22 am While there is always a chance Vanderbilt could become the best program in the country, the odds are strongly against it.
Sorry, I meant "As coach, you have to pitch this. You can't be honest"
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I think(?) I got that.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

ESPN is losing B1G games to NBC and CBS, as well as, Fox already having some rights. First time in 50 years ESPN won't have B1G games.

People are already wondering if Gameday will show up at any games not SEC or ACC this year.

As for the graphic, I guess "It just means more" doesn't translate to viewers...

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

College football must be returning soon. My Twitter feed is getting spicy again.

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

In terms of money, there's only 1 power conference.

Rutgers is going to make more TV money annually, by a lot, than Notre Dame who just signed a new $60M deal with NBC.

This is going to very negatively affect ESPN in later years when their SEC deal comes up and those rights are up for bidding. The ACC look like buffoons now signing such a long term deal for little money comparatively.

CFP discussing breaking college football away from the NCAA.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:19 am Rutgers is going to make more TV money annually, by a lot, than Notre Dame who just signed a new $60M deal with NBC.
The Big Ten is projected to eventually distribute $80 million-$100 million per year to each of its 16 members.
That is pretty sweet if you're Rutgers or Maryland.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Because CA is run by short sighted, power hungry jackasses... I see a lot of saber rattling by people who are butt hurt that they weren't paid off consulted about UCLA leaving for the B10. How brilliant a move it would be to pull out of the move while USC, and probably Oregon go to the B1G. No need for the nearly $100M in free TV money every year. No need to be competitive with the nation's best programs in one of the few conferences that still matter. No, let's stay in the Pac-12 where the conference is on life support and where the fans don't seem to care.

These regents probably graduated from FSU...