NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:25 pm Opening weekend has ND @ OSU at 7:30 p.m. with College Gameday there.

Apparently Bama fans are pissed that their game against Texas is at noon. Ha!
osu/und wins that. Hands down until Texas is great again
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:03 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:25 pm Opening weekend has ND @ OSU at 7:30 p.m. with College Gameday there.

Apparently Bama fans are pissed that their game against Texas is at noon. Ha!
osu/und wins that. Hands down until Texas is great again
Agree. Texas is a huge question mark going into next year and not really expected to be awesome.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

NCAA waives scholarships limits for DI football for 2 years.

This is essentially, if I'm reading this right, in response to the transfer portal.

Saban is taking shots at many schools and NIL deals.

Saban hates not having the advantage.

This is really cool.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

More on Saban's statement.
Alabama coach Nick Saban singled out Texas A&M for "buying" its top-ranked signing class and threw a spotlight on the unintended effect of name, image and likeness rights on recruiting during an event with local business leaders Wednesday night in Birmingham.
Remember, this is the guy who held a press conference to discuss how his QB had signed an $800K NIL deal. I'm sure that had nothing to do with recruiting right Nick?

Deion Sanders brings race into it, because of course...
Sanders responded strongly to Saban's comments Wednesday night, tweeting: "You best believe I will address that LIE Coach SABAN told tomorrow. I was & awakened by my son @ShedeurSanders that sent me the article stating that WE PAYED @TravisHunterJr a Million to play at @GoJSUTigersFB! We as a PEOPLE don't have to pay our PEOPLE to play with our PEOPLE."
Jimbo fires back!!
"It's despicable that a reputable head coach can come out and say this when he doesn't get his way," Fisher said. "The narcissist in him doesn't allow those things to happen. It's ridiculous when he's not on top."
"Some people think they're God," Fisher said. "Go dig into how God did his deal. You may find out ... a lot of things you don't want to know. We build him up to be the czar of football. Go dig into his past, or anybody's that's ever coached with him. You can find out anything you want to find out, what he does and how he does it. It's despicable."

He said Saban had called him, but he hasn't answered.

"Not going to. We're done," said Fisher, comparing his time with Saban and his time as an assistant at Florida State under Bobby Bowden, before taking over as the Seminoles' head coach. "He's the greatest ever, huh? When you've got all the advantages, it's easy. ... You coach with people like Bobby Bowden and learn how to do things. You coach with other people and learn how not to do things. There's a reason people I ain't back and worked for [Saban]. Don't wanna be associated with him."

"You can call me anything you want to call me," Fisher said. "You can't call me a cheat. I don't cheat and I don't lie. I learned that when I was a kid. If you did, your old man slapped you upside the head. Maybe somebody should have slapped him."
Get the popcorn!!! This shit is getting good! He's blatantly telling the MSM that Saban has been cheating for years (DUH!) and he's not the best ever as they proclaim him to be.

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Dayum.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

OSU-UNC Dec. 17th

OSU's going to basically have an entirely new team.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 2:17 pm OSU-UNC Dec. 17th

OSU's going to basically have an entirely new team.
I like my team's chances :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I should note, a new team full of transfers who played and/or started elsewhere. Let's see how fast Holtman gets them to gel.

Spurrier comes to Saban's defense and fires a big shot at Jimbo.

I want this to keep escalating to the point where Jimbo says fuck it and starts listing where the bodies are buried.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

This story has been running on the front page of ESPN for several days now.

HA! Just kidding! If it was about ANY other school, it would have, but this is Bama and ESPN needs to protect their money.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC vs OSU - Ultimate Frisbee :)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

ACC Football rankings from ESPN SP+
!RmindMe 12/5/2022
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

When Chizik left UNC the first time, I wondered why, he just said "family" More details
It started at Auburn, where Chizik was head coach from 2009 to 2012. When Chizik took the job, he promised his three kids they would never have to move again -- no matter what.

After he was fired following the 2012 season, they all stayed in Auburn so the kids could stay in school and keep their lives as normal as possible. Chizik stayed, too, and worked as an analyst at ESPN until then-North Carolina coach Larry Fedora called and offered him the defensive coordinator job in 2015.

Chizik knew the only way he could accept would be to live alone in Chapel Hill, while his family stayed behind. Fedora agreed to allow him to commute back to Alabama whenever the schedule allowed. Chizik got an apartment 15 minutes away from the football facility. Though they visited and FaceTimed whenever possible, the stress over living away from his family for two years took an increasingly heavy toll.

"I'll never forget, I was on the bus after we played Stanford in the bowl game in El Paso, and you have time to reflect, and I remember going, 'You know what? It's time for me to go home.' That's when I made the decision," Chizik said.

His twin daughters, Landry and Kennedy, were headed to Auburn, and he missed their senior year of high school. His youngest son, Cally, had sustained a neck injury during football practice, a moment that made Chizik reevaluate everything. Though Cally never asked for his father to be around more, Chizik sensed he needed to be there as a father.
Yeah, that life would suck.
Good news
But now that he is back, he and his wife have already bought a home and she will live with him in Chapel Hill for the first time.
And his son players at Furman, in SC.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Good story.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Two things:
1. The cake is very cool despite being TTUN themed.
2. That's a great burn.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

OSU just went back to back on landing 5 star WRs. Carnell Tate yesterday and Brandon Inniss both committed within 24 hours of each other and did so as a nod to Olave and Wilson going back to back in the draft. (Overlooked is how Jameson went at 12 and was also developed at OSU. He went to Bama and shined after learning he would be #4 on the depth chart behind Olave, Wilson, and JSN.)

Now Tate and Inniss are trying to get Noah Rogers to join them. Noah is a 4 star, but is predicted to soon be bumped to a 5.

OSU is loaded at WR and should offer Brian Hartline whatever he wants to ensure he doesn't get hired away.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Well, that's stupid.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Arch Manning picks Texas for some reason.

I wonder how this is going over with...I'm not kidding, I legit forgot his name...the 5 star that OSU had for a year but he left because his NIL deal for $1M wouldn't get paid unless he was starting and they weren't sitting CJ Stroud for him.

Anyway, OSU plays Texas in 2025. Texas will be in the SEC by then. It should be Manning against OSU's incoming 5 star QB Dylan Raiola.