NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:55 pm The #1 seed lost because they play a style of game that is susceptible to it. They are their own issue.
I was referring to the 16-1 (UVA).

Also, the PAC 12 decided to not suck for once.
The five victories [this year, before Oregon's Monday victory] are more than the previous two tournaments combined when the league had four.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

B10 is down to Michigan and Maryland. Ouch.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Possibly not even TTUN as they're currently losing.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

B10 fans are as terrible as their basketball teams

https://www.espn.com/

Dammit. Link got lost. Illinois player got racist msg
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Saw that. I honestly think this is more ESPN's continued war to hurt the B1G than actual news.

I mean the fact that it's making the news shows the universities are doing something about it. I wonder what they do down there in the south where racism has been completely defeated and doesn't exist anymore?

And again, this is probably more about some asshat losing money and lashing out in an ignorant way.

These aren't actual fans. Hell, for all we know it's coaches of other teams trying to hurt recruiting. :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:59 pm I wonder what they do down there in the south where racism has been completely defeated and doesn't exist anymore?
We just have big multiracial orgies all day long.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:56 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:59 pm I wonder what they do down there in the south where racism has been completely defeated and doesn't exist anymore?
Clearly.

(Relevant because the victim is white, the perpetrators are black, and they're from NC. BTW, death penalty.)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:25 am
TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:56 pm
Clearly.

(Relevant because the victim is white, the perpetrators are black, and they're from NC. BTW, death penalty.)
Uh, some orgies are better than others.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Bama loses a coach.

That last paragraph is the most interesting. Why is it even in the article...?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:40 pm Bama loses a coach.

Bad copy/paste?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:49 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:40 pm Bama loses a coach.

Bad copy/paste?
That or they're hinting at something?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

NCAA budget for men's tourney was twice as big as the women's.

People are trying to make a big deal out of this, but...
information provided by the NCAA on Friday also shows the men's tournament brought in a total net income of $864.6 million that season. The women's event lost $2.8 million -- the largest loss of any NCAA championship.
Nobody cares about the women's tournament. Nobody watches it. No networks are fighting over the rights to air it. Why should it get the same budget?

There are more women than men in the world. If this was an actual concern for women they could immediately change things by all tuning into the women's tourney and boycotting the men's. They won't because they don't care.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:54 pm Nobody cares about the women's tournament. Nobody watches it. No networks are fighting over the rights to air it. Why should it get the same budget?
One the one hand, I agree with you. On the other hand, this is still theoretically amateur sports, and they should make an effort for equality.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:59 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:54 pm Nobody cares about the women's tournament. Nobody watches it. No networks are fighting over the rights to air it. Why should it get the same budget?
One the one hand, I agree with you. On the other hand, this is still theoretically amateur sports, and they should make an effort for equality.
I don't disagree with making things equal, but I do think more money should go into the one that will show a return IF that's what it takes.

For example: It may not cost as much to have a women's lacrosse team as a football team, but you wouldn't cancel the football team to keep women's lacrosse because football pays the bills...

Smart leaves Texas for Marquette.

Kind of says a lot about Texas' and the Big 12's bball programs.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Indiana makes odd hire. 63 year old coach who has only coached in the NBA.
Leisher wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:16 pm Smart leaves Texas for Marquette.

Kind of says a lot about Texas' and the Big 12's bball programs.
This situation is weird because Smart has done well, except the tournament. And he was going to get canned last year until the virus hit.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:21 pm Indiana makes odd hire. 63 year old coach who has only coached in the NBA.
Less odd considering he's a Hoosier and played for Knight. They also might be trying to replicate or offset the Juan Howard factor at Michigan?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

And then there were none, Michigan eliminated.

No Big Ten and no ACC teams in the Final Four. Weird.

Big 12, Pac 12, WCC, and American. wtf.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Covid and the NBA draft rules have destroyed college bball this year.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Paying college athletes is going to hurt women's sports.

Of course it is, the money to be spent elsewhere will be less. You can't spend less on the money makers, so the money has to be taken from elsewhere. Non-profitable sports is the no brainer.

BTW, now might be a good time for someone on the Title IX side to bring up the ridiculous cost of college, and how they're making more money than ever without even taking sports into account...