NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

UGA is on the precipice of a covid outbreak.

UGA already has guys out to covid and they're down a criminal linebacker. Meanwhile, upon announcing no covid on his team last night, peeps are starting to question how Bama hasn't had a single positive test in two years. Almost like they aren't actually testing or they're covering up positive tests.

Lanning, HC of Oregon, will still call the D for UGA against TTUN.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Apparently every team in football should have kept practicing, waiting for a bowl call-up.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

UCLA cancelling at the last minute was pretty shitty.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Some good games today. (Except one for Catt.)

That Purdue-Tennessee game was nuts. I guess neither team wanted to play defense.

The SEC is currently 1-5 going into NYD where GA and Bama play and are heavy favorites.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

Does an ESPN+ subscription allow you to stream ESPN? Trying to figure out how to watch the game!
Stranger

NCAA

Post by Stranger »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:48 am Does an ESPN+ subscription allow you to stream ESPN? Trying to figure out how to watch the game!
i'm not sure, don't have ESPN+. But i use this sight all the time to stream NFL games.

https://www.streameast.io/bh-cfb-streams/
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:48 am Does an ESPN+ subscription allow you to stream ESPN? Trying to figure out how to watch the game!
Yes.

Are you logged into their site?
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

I am not. I have Hulu right now, and an $8 upgrade gets me Disney and ESPN+. But when I go to ESPN+ and look at it's schedule, it's a bunch of stupid soccer in other languages, and college games of teams I've never heard of (as well as sports that nobody watches. It reminds me of ESPN 8). They don't have anything about Sports Center, upcoming bowl games, etc, on the list.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Looking at my ESPN+ and I think I misspoke. They are doing something to cover the games tonight, but not airing them live.

Makes sense if you think about it. ESPN asks for more money of providers than any other channel. Thus, they can't then undercut them by offering it for much less.

Although, I also have Hulu Live, so I'm well covered.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Go Wake, Fuck Rutgers! B10 sucks! :P
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I'm low key thrilled that Rutgers lost. I was nervous TTUN wouldn't lose and then OSU would be the first B1G team to lose. Yes, I'm nervous about that game. Knowles hasn't started yet and there are key defensive people out either through opt out or covid.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Well, Cincy didn't embarrass themselves, quite, but they sure didn't belong.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Maybe only the SEC really plays football.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

1-5 in bowls prior to today, so that logic doesn't hold up.

This was a bad matchup for TTUN. GA has a great run D and TTUN doesn't throw well. Ironically, TTUN was a bad matchup for OSU, but OSU would have been a better matchup for GA. Not saying they would have won, but they were a better matchup because GA's secondary isn't super strong as Bama showed in the SEC championship.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:06 pm 1-5 in bowls prior to today, so that logic doesn't hold up.
Well, they won the fuck out of the 2 that matter.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:32 pm Well, they won the fuck out of the 2 that matter.
TTUN is the first top 20 team GA played and beat this year.

Sorry Cake. There was not a second I was rooting for your team, but I would have been happy for you if they won.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Via the transitive property, a very dangerous game for OSU today.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:23 am Via the transitive property, a very dangerous game for OSU today.
Extremely dangerous. So much so that my money is on Utah.

OSU is missing 24 scholarship players and many were starters. They already sucked at stopping the run, mainly due to bad LB play all year. Utah being the 3rd best rushing team in the country and their emotions being off the charts, it didn't look good coming in.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Me just now: "How did the officials miss those blocks in the back? (Looks up the crew) Oh, they're an SEC crew."

Even SEC fans admit they have the worst officiating in the nation.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

This game is officially insane. 28-21 with 8 minutes left in the 2nd. 3 TDs in the last 4 plays.