NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:21 pm SEC is finally going to match other conferences and move to a 9 conference games schedule in 2024.

Guess who is mad about it...
Definitely Bama.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Sark says the Texas QB job is wide open.

Considering Ewers left OSU because Ryan Day wouldn't sit Heisman Finalist and projected top 10 NFL pick, CJ Stroud, so Ewers could start, which was something required by the NIL deal he had signed, this could get interesting.

If Manning wins the job there's no way Ewers doesn't transfer.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Boeheim out at Syracuse.

47 seasons and it didn't even last 12 hours as a top story on ESPN.

BTW, respect, but dude is a total asshole.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

NCAA

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:48 am BTW, respect, but dude is a total asshole.
Popovich needs to be next. Both of these assholes act like they are God's gift to basketball coaching. They get annoyed at virtually any question you ask them, give condescending answers and treat reporters like shit. Good riddance Boeheim.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

That final one... the ump musta had a booty call to get to
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

OsU and UNC on NCAA w collision course

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracket
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Let's wait until it's guaranteed before we make a wager.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:07 am Let's wait until it's guaranteed before we make a wager.
538 gives it a 73% chance of happening.
Stranger

NCAA

Post by Stranger »

Anyone got some sure-fire bangers to bet on the NCAA tournament? I've got the itch to bet some this weekend and admittedly haven't followed much college hoops this year.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:11 pm Anyone got some sure-fire bangers to bet on the NCAA tournament? I've got the itch to bet some this weekend and admittedly haven't followed much college hoops this year.
So, depending on how you feel about things: NCSU, Kent State, and ORU in the first round are considered to be of the more likely upsets.

ORU over Duke is weird one though, most of Duke's losses occurred when players were hurt + missing. 17-1 with a full team, iirc. So I'd pick Duke.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Tate Frazier says Louisiana is going to beat Tennessee.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Every year at this time I'm reminded that Bob Huggins exists and is still a poor excuse for a human being.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:47 pm Every year at this time I'm reminded that Bob Huggins exists and is still a poor excuse for a human being.
Oh, right. At any rate, go WVU, cuz they're in my bracket :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

B1G is undefeated in this tournament!!! Every other conference has fewer wins!! :D

Fuck you Bob Huggins!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:46 pm B1G is undefeated in this tournament!!! Every other conference has fewer wins!! :D

Fuck you Bob Huggins!
Well, tied with the Southern Conference now.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

When I was filling out my bracket, I looked at Virginia and thought, "Nah, they'll win ONE game, right?"
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:24 pm When I was filling out my bracket, I looked at Virginia and thought, "Nah, they'll win ONE game, right?"
Well, history has not been kinda to UVA. Except that one year.

Lol, today was the 5th anniversary of the 16 seed beating UVA.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I have Princeton AND Furman!

But the pool I run at work is actually just random, and everyone gets 16 teams. But they got me a lot of points today (points are weighted somewhat based on seed #)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

One of my brackets had Arizona winning it all.

Honestly, I think college basketball is garbage anymore. Officiating is inconsistent. Players don't stick around for more than a year or two. You're just rooting for your brand rather than being into a team's "story". This is why a team like St. Mary's making a run is such a huge deal. None of the blue bloods are interesting anymore.

Well, I guess the Alabama Crimson Tide murderers are interesting...