NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TTUN loses their highest rated recruit to Maryland.

The most asked NCAA football question I've seen asked on Twitter this week: "How is Florida still ranked 7th? They dropped 1 spot after losing at home to a 4-5 team."

SCOTUS to hear athlete compensation case.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: : "How is Florida still ranked 7th? They dropped 1 spot after losing at home to a 4-5 team."
How did UNC only move up 2 after completely dismantling a top 10 team? FL should have a little fallen further. UNC should have climbed a little higher.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Fair, although UNC is out of the CFP, so moving you up does the committee no favors. Keeping FL up there gives them SEC options in case something crazy happens.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fair, although UNC is out of the CFP, so moving you up does the committee no favors. Keeping FL up there gives them SEC options in case something crazy happens.
True. Our best bet right now is Orange bowl, iirc, if both UND + Clemson make the CFP.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Fair, although UNC is out of the CFP, so moving you up does the committee no favors. Keeping FL up there gives them SEC options in case something crazy happens.
True. Our best bet right now is Orange bowl, iirc, if both UND + Clemson make the CFP.
I think ND is going to get eliminated by Clemson.

I wish Cincy was #5. Sure they might get routed by Bama and Clemson, but so will A&M.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I think ND is going to get eliminated by Clemson.
Close game, I say ND stays.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: I think ND is going to get eliminated by Clemson.
Close game, I say ND stays.
That's probably true. If that does happen, I expect we'll see Bama-ND and Clemson-OSU. (IF OSU beats NW this weekend.)

If Clemson loses: Bama-A&M, OSU-ND

If Bama gets routed, ND loses close, and OSU wins, chaos!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

OSU + UNC will not play each other. UNC - Kentucky + OSU-UCLA instead
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I was hoping we could bet something. Oh well.

Buckeyes lost last night too at Purdue.

AAC commish: "Just bring back the BCS since you're fucking us (the Gof5) over anyway."

Hard to argue with him when two undefeated Gof5 teams sit ranked behind several 2 loss teams. One of those 2 loss teams was blown out each time.

Congress is getting crazy involved in college sports.

Yeah, this will end well...
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

ND's HC threatens to boycott CFP if families aren't allowed to attend games.

Nice sentiment...I guess? However, your team has to beat Clemson or lose really closely to have a chance to be in the CFP.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

ACC and SEC joining Kelly's fight.

Apparently, they're all fighting to get the Rose Bowl moved out of CA.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: ACC and SEC joining Kelly's fight.

Apparently, they're all fighting to get the Rose Bowl moved out of CA.
Ahhh. I wondered what the hold up was.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Bama
Clemson
OSU
UND

A&M

Imho
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Bama
Clemson
OSU
UND

A&M

Imho
Called it. You don't have to play football to win footbal. :lol:

Gator Bowl, baby! (I think). UNC vs A&M... oof.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

OSU is going to get housed.

We just don't have the secondary to match Clemson this year.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Gator Bowl, baby! (I think). UNC vs A&M... oof.
Orange Bowl, I meant. And yes, we're in that one.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Dabo gives Buckeyes bulletin board material.

Honestly, it sounds more like excuse making too. If Clemson wins easily, he can say he was right about their ranking. If Clemson loses or wins a close one thanks to SEC officials again, he can say OSU was more rested.

It'd be great if OSU wins and after the game Day says, "Maybe Dabo should have spent more time coaching them than cutting them checks."
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Well, poop. 3 of UNCs best players have opted out of the bowl game already to get ready for NFL
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Coastal Carolina's HC pens a letter about the lack of fairness in the CFP.

He's not wrong.

I mean, they'd be 4 TD dogs to Bama, but he's not wrong.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Saw OSU beat Rutgers today, and then saw Rutgers was #11.

What universe am I in where Rutgers is #11? I had no idea.