NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC getting some 2024 recruiting wins

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... d/35461308
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

This is going to be a big deal. Two straight days this is the top story on ESPN? Nobody is giving any details of what the actual crimes are yet, but a raid of his home says this is more than just "access issues".
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

An employee reported fraudulent activity involving someone accessing university emails accounts without authorization. Upon further investigation, It was found that a crime may have been committed.
So he may have accessed someone else's emails? That's not nearly as juicy as I want it to be.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:45 pm
An employee reported fraudulent activity involving someone accessing university emails accounts without authorization. Upon further investigation, It was found that a crime may have been committed.
So he may have accessed someone else's emails? That's not nearly as juicy as I want it to be.
Well, it'll get juicy depending on what he did with those emails. Was he stalking a student or faculty member? Will this eventually result in charges? Will TTUN finally be forced to terminate someone? We all know that charges don't mean shit and players still get to play, the last two football players changed with felonies involving weapons and intent to kill kept playing.

All this going on while the HC and the program are under NCAA investigation.

"TTUN just does it the right way!" :D

Jokes aside, I think the charges against Harbaugh are utter and complete bullshit. He bought kids a burger, who gives a shit! Florida offered a kid $13M fucking dollars!!!! Maybe get your priorities straight NCAA!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

NCAA and TTUN negotiations fall apart.

Harbaugh's claim about coming back is looking like bad timing. The NCAA could be dicks and try to make an example out of him for not cooperating. Meanwhile, it seems possible he's about to lose his OC. I wonder if he's now thinking, "Fuck this shit, I'll just go to the NFL."
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TTUN fires their OC.

Ah, the double standard is alive and well up north. Fire a coach before anything plays out, but allow two players facing felony charges involving intent to murder or otherwise cause significant harm and they get to play while the process plays out.

I look forward to constantly reminding those fans who always claim the moral high road of this.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

Perhaps he's already admitted to enough that the university feels just? But criminally, the investigation is still ongoing? I'll hold judgement till all the facts are out.

What players/incident are you talking about? I don't follow anything on my own. Unless you post it here, I don't know about it. (so do your job!)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

LB Mazi Smith was facing a felon weapon charge all season yet played.

The other player was a CB several years ago (prior to Harbaugh) who got into a bar fight and was charged with two counts of assault with a deadly weapon. It wasn't Woodson (that's too far back), but he was the big name on your D. He was an All-American and so on. Google just keeps showing me the MSU and Mazi Smith stuff, so I don't remember the guy's name. Johnson?
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

Having read the details, I can see why they let him play. Do I agree with it? I don't know. Was there some other form of punishment? Did he commit a crime? Sure. But it was victimless and he just jumped the gun on carrying it (no pun intended). He was taking his CPL classes and has since passed. And I have done the same thing on a couple occasions because of circumstances. But I also made sure I didn't speed.

I chalk it up to being young and stupid, but no harm was done, and I don't think any harm was intended. He just started carrying a few days too soon.

The other one. . .If he really did assault someone, then I'm pissed he got to play, or even stay on the team.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:51 pm Having read the details, I can see why they let him play.
When Carlos Hyde was accused of punching a woman in a club, TTUN fans were quick to talk about how OSU recruits scumbags. OSU suspended him indefinitely immediately. Then video came out of the incident and the woman struck him, he never struck her. OSU still suspended him for 1 game for using poor judgment and putting himself in that position. Imagine if he had been facing felony charges...

YOU have never been that asshole fan who tries to play the "morally superior" card, but I assure you that there are a LOT of them in the TTUN fan base. In fact, when I was in the service a discussion among guys from all over the U.S. had them hating TTUN fans the most. As one guy said, it's not that they think their team is better, that's normal, it's that they think they're simply better human beings.
Cakedaddy wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:51 pm The other one. . .If he really did assault someone, then I'm pissed he got to play, or even stay on the team.
It did happen and it was years ago. Like decades. I don't believe he was ever found guilty, but the fact that the team let him play while facing charges was interesting considering the "we're just better" claims of some fans.

The worst offense by TTUN though, and this is backed by many TTUN students, is the existing statue of Bo considering all the stuff that has been revealed about sex scandal coverups and his involvement. Something his own son says happened.

But again, this is all just because of the "we're better humans" horseshit that some of your fans do. Otherwise, I'd probably defend some of the decision making and/or incidents.

The absolute worst thing I have ever seen or heard of at the college level happened at Nebraska. Human excrement Lawrence Phillips was their all-American RB and before a huge game dragged a woman by her hair down two flights of stairs and then smashed her face into one of those metal mailboxes that apartment buildings have. Tom Osbourne let him play and when asked during a press conference if Lawrence had done that to Tom's daughter would Lawrence still be playing, Tom said, "yes".

Lawrence Phillips is now dead. Good. Tom Osbourne became a politician...shocking.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TTUN's Corum has his Camero stolen.

That sucks. He's a good kid and doesn't deserve this sort of shit. Everything TDay since he's been there he uses his own NIL money to feed those in need and goes out delivering it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Camaro
Corum's camouflage-wrapped 2017 Camaro ...
Great now it's going to be impossible to find.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Holy shit did this make me laugh. Holtman's got to go.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

"Women can do anything a man can do!"

Except play with a regulation men's basketball.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:13 pm Except play with a regulation men's basketball.
"We have concluded through our investigation that it was a men's ball," Lawson said. "The conference and Florida State is saying that it wasn't."

The ACC said it did a comprehensive review, talking with game officials, administrators, the table crew and both schools.

"Following the thorough and objective review process, there was no evidence found to support the claim," the conference said in a statement. "Per NCAA playing rules, there is no appeal or protest process."
Huh.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Bama hires ND's OC Rees as their new OC.

Really? ND's offense was terrible.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Doesn't matter what your feelings are about Russia-Ukraine, the people who did this are garbage.

In other news, OSU Men's BBall is absolute garbage.