NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, I was enjoying that one, but goofed on the TV and lost it. I just started watching PSU-Auburn instead.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

App state miracle barely continues on https://www.espn.com/college-football/g ... /401426333

Troy had the 99.9% chance to win, and still lost
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:52 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:19 pm Watch out for Rutgers. I know, I know.
The Rutgers team that beat BC by 1? Oh... ok.
the Rutgers team that beat temple by 2? After Duke blanked temples 30 to 0?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/g ... /401426333
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:12 pm
TheCatt wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:52 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:19 pm Watch out for Rutgers. I know, I know.
The Rutgers team that beat BC by 1? Oh... ok.
the Rutgers team that beat temple by 2? After Duke blanked temples 30 to 0?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/g ... /401426333
They doubled their margin of victory!!!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Not saying they aren't good, but bad competition can hide flaws.

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

At this point we know nothing about them, inho
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

What is SOS?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:16 pmWhat is SOS?
Strength of Schedule.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

Is that 'so far' or for the whole season? I have to assume 'so far' unless I'm giving OSU too much credit.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

Watched the highlights of the OSU game against Toledo. Props to their offense for showing up to play hard. Or is OSU defense that bad? It was fun seeing them score. :-) Their QB really that good, or just a good day (his) against a bad day (OSU D)?

Also, that second OSU touchdown. I only saw the highlight, so no slow motion review. How was that good? Did he get a foot in? Defense can't push him out while in the air? It looked like he came down WAY out of bounds from the one highlight angle I got.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:15 am Is that 'so far' or for the whole season? I have to assume 'so far' unless I'm giving OSU too much credit.
so far.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:15 am I have to assume 'so far' unless I'm giving OSU too much credit.
Three games into the season and we've played #5 (as the SEC has taught us, it only matters what they're ranked when you play), a cupcake in Arkansas State, and a team picked to be 1 or 2 in the MAC. Our next game, like yours, starts the B1G slate.

You've played the, literal, two worst teams in all of college football and UConn, still one of the worst teams in Div I, who is miles ahead of the other two because they have a win this year against the mighty Central Connecticut Blue Devils, an FCS school.

If the CFP came out now, you'd be dropped from #4 based on your SOS. Or maybe not...I just looked at the top ten and Georgia, OSU, and Kentucky are the only teams with wins against ranked opponents.

Honestly, I hope you run the table and are undefeated coming to Columbus, and you should root for the same. The winner would be guaranteed a spot in the CFP. The loser would still have a solid shot, barring a blowout, because it'd be a Top 5 matchup.

FYI:

Next year OSU opens @ND and your schedule is East Carolina, UNLV Rebels, and Bowling Green.

OSU's future non-conference opponents for the next ten years (all home and home series): Washington, Georgia, Alabama, Oregon, and Texas. OSU's been setting their schedule like this for decades, but I wish they'd get the P5 opponent out of the game 1 spot. Keep a cupcake warm up game there.

You have home and homes with Texas and Oklahoma coming, a weird @Washington (a makeup or something?), as well as, one with ND in the 2030s, but there are still open years where it's probably far too late to schedule a top tier opponent.
Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:09 am Watched the highlights of the OSU game against Toledo. Props to their offense for showing up to play hard. Or is OSU defense that bad? It was fun seeing them score. Their QB really that good, or just a good day (his) against a bad day (OSU D)?
We have issues at corner. #5 and #26 have had bad games. Definitely not a banner year at corner for OSU. However, I don't want to take away from that Toledo QB. He is pretty good and the reason why they are forecast to have a good year in the MAC. Anytime a QB can scamper, your defense is going to give up plays. The Knowles defense, in particular, as it will give up "5 explosive plays a game" (his words) because it's an aggressive D.

But yeah, Burke #5 was terrible. He's been terrible 2 out of 3 games. Brown #26 had a missed assignment that cost them and also missed a tackle in the ND game that led to their touchdown. Brown's had decent games, but big mistakes.

Overall, I'm not hating the D though. They are MUCH improved and this is in a totally new system. There's still growing pains as they continue to learn.
Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:09 am Also, that second OSU touchdown. I only saw the highlight, so no slow motion review. How was that good? Did he get a foot in? Defense can't push him out while in the air? It looked like he came down WAY out of bounds from the one highlight angle I got.
I know the angle and TD you're talking about because live I thought it was incomplete. This one right? Not only did he get a foot down, he got both down.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

This is cute, but honestly, no real payoff. Yeah, there's a reveal, but aside from one coach saying he wants to sign him, no big "everyone is shocked" moment. It was interesting to see how walk on tryouts work.

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

tHe bIg tEn iS A FoOtBaLl cOnFeReNcE
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

The B1G is very down this year, but let's see how it plays out at the end. We're only heading into week 4 and a lot of those teams are overrated. (For example: Florida's ridiculous #13 ranking after beating Utah.)

Oh, and Go Duke!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Pac-12 commish writes letter bashing UCLA to B1G move.

This was for the hearings or whatever that are being held by the morons who felt left out of the decision.

You know Oregon, Washington, and Stanford are working behind the scenes to try and take UCLA's place if these bureaucrats prevent the move.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Fun day.

Bama, OSU, NC State, Utah, and maybe Washington if they continue to blank Stanford are the only ranked teams who weren't sweating today. PSU too, but they didn't look awesome.

Georgia gave up 22 to Kent State and got a late TD to make their win margin look better.

TTUN won by a TD after finally playing a team not in the bottom 10 in the country.

Clemson needed 2OT to win at WF.

Oklahoma lost to Kansas St.

Texas got beat in OT.

Arkansas lost to Texas A&M.

Oregon fought back late to beat Washington St.

BYU and USC are both currently losing.

All the other games were pretty close.

Also, Miami got rocked by MTST.