NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:53 am The Wisconsin team that lost by like 4 TDs to Notre Dame? Meh. I expect OSU to be favored by like 14.5
Yeah, they also lost to TUN early this year. However, I've heard there's some catch to that. They were missing a load of people or something? I don't know.

Also, yes, Texas doesn't belong anywhere near a bowl this year.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Schembechler's statue defaced in support of sexual assault victims.

It is curious that his status remains at Michigan despite the details being almost exactly the same as what brought down Paterno.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:23 pm Schembechler's statue defaced in support of sexual assault victims.

It is curious that his status remains at Michigan despite the details being almost exactly the same as what brought down Paterno.
Agreed.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Apparently 9 wins in a row is impossible in this series.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Well, this will sure be interesting for the next playoff rankings. 2xB10 + 2xSEC? Or does OSU slide out?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

OSU will drop to 7 or so. They're out.

I know they were on the road, in snowy conditions, and they're young, but they still got their second loss.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

All future playoff games should be played in Lambeau.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Riley to USC, says "SEC sounds too hard" or something.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Cincinatti gets #3 in the AP as Bama escapes Auburn.

Relevant remaining games:
Bama-UGA
UM-Iowa
OSU-Baylor

I wonder if winning the B12 would be enough if Bama + UofM win?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I was just coming to post the Riley story as well.

It makes a lot of sense if you think about it. Go to the SEC and get shoved into "also ran" status because ESPN's hype monster eats SEC coaches not named Saban.

Or go to the Pac-12 where you can offer recruits sun, warm weather, Hollywood, and so on versus lesser opponents and much less media scrutiny? Not to mention he's certainly making more money.

The downside of being in the SEC and not being Bama that too few people talk about is that the constant hype forces schools to make coaching changes they shouldn't to keep up with Bama. Make no mistake, once Saban calls it a career reality is going to slam into the SEC in a big way. Remove Saban's Bama run and the SEC is just another conference. Clemson and OSU probably have 5-6 more titles between them.
I wonder if winning the B12 would be enough if Bama + UofM win?
No idea. I know the committee has ND up there too. Bama should have lost that game, btw. If that Auburn RB just goes down instead of out of bounds, it's over.

I think GA and TTUN win. If OkSt wins, then I would say they have to be considered.

If GA and TTUN both lose. Chaos.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:16 pm It makes a lot of sense if you think about it. Go to the SEC and get shoved into "also ran" status because ESPN's hype monster eats SEC coaches not named Saban.
If I could go to the PAC12 where no one ever dominates it? Yes. And live in LA instead of the bad LA? Heck yes.
Leisher wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:16 pm Or go to the Pac-12 where you can offer recruits sun, warm weather, Hollywood, and so on versus lesser opponents and much less media scrutiny? Not to mention he's certainly making more money.
Right?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Florida next to fill HC job with relatively hot candidate, former coach of UL.

I hope he made bank.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Jack Miller is the first QB to leave the crowded OSU QB room.

He's 4th on the depth chart behind (will be red shirted this year) Ewers, McCord, and Stroud. HIs recent DUI did not help matters. Considering Stroud is a Heisman candidate is there at least another year, and Ewers being a millionaire 5 star, I'm guessing Jack knew he had no shot.

Good luck to the kid. Hope he pulls off what Burrows did.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

6 big decommits from Ok so far.

Will they follow him to USC? I know 1 or 2 were big OSU targets...
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Who will be the next HC at ND?
Luke Fickell
Matt Campbell
Urban Meyer
Pat Narduzzi
Matt Rhule
Bill O'Brien
Mark Stoops
Mike Tomlin :D
Mark Lea
Other

Shockingly, the AD there already said nobody on the staff will be considered for the HC position. That eliminates Marcus Freeman who just started there, recruited better than Kelly did, turned their D around, and is already a name people are watching as HC material. Being a former Buckeye LB, he'd be welcomed back at OSU. We need a new DC...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Did all of OSUs basketball players come back? Or why is Duke only 2.5? And ESPNs computer says osu will win
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:27 pm Did all of OSUs basketball players come back? Or why is Duke only 2.5? And ESPNs computer says osu will win
No. Sueing is out indefinitely. They're saying next year. No idea why Duke is only 2.5. Maybe they're thinking this will be a hangover game?

I like this Buckeye team, but I don't love it. Doesn't feel like they've fully figured themselves out yet.

Meyer doesn't want the ND job, says he's done with college.

I don't blame him. What else does he have to prove? Plus, recruiting has to absolutely suck.

Also, if things go south in Jacksonville, Meyer can probably go back to OSU as the AD once Gene Smith retires.