NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Maybe? I'm watching Texas A&M. They're still livid. I wonder if they look to jump back to the B12 or are bribing other SEC teams to block the move.

Competitively speaking this is a disaster for both Mississippi schools, Vandy, A&M, Arkansas, SC, and Missouri. They all drop one rung further in their own conference, and this will further destroy their recruiting. How do you vote to bring in two members who will further assurance you're a "never was" in your own conference?

Oh yeah...money.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:40 pm Maybe? I'm watching Texas A&M. They're still livid. I wonder if they look to jump back to the B12 or are bribing other SEC teams to block the move.
Going back seems braindead.
Leisher wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:40 pm Competitively speaking this is a disaster for both Mississippi schools, Vandy, A&M, Arkansas, SC, and Missouri. They all drop one rung further in their own conference, and this will further destroy their recruiting. How do you vote to bring in two members who will further assurance you're a "never was" in your own conference?

Oh yeah...money.
And, yes.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:41 pm Going back seems braindead.
Not if you're the biggest dog left in the yard.

The 12 team playoff is going to allow the champ of every conference in, so if you win the B12 every year...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

This is getting nuts.

B12 says ESPN is behind the Texas/Oklahoma to the SEC move and has actively encouraged other conferences to poach other B12 teams to eliminate the conference.

The B12 sent ESPN a cease and desist letter, and I would bet you anything that lawsuits are going to follow.

This blue checkmark has a ton of info on his Twitter about the situation that ESPN left out of their article. An article that is no longer on their front page, but should honestly be the top story in sports today.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Yahoo Sports digs further into ESPN's meddling with the B12 and how they've done it before with the ACC/UConn.

I truly hope the B12 has proof and is able to crucify ESPN in court.

This also should completely end the "Is ESPN biased towards the SEC argument"...unless you're a moron or a troll.

OSU's #1 in the nation QB recruit thinking of skipping the rest of high school for 7 figure NIL deal.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:08 pm OSU's #1 in the nation QB recruit thinking of skipping the rest of high school for 7 figure NIL deal.
OSU's QB signing 7 figure NIL deal. Nothing from ESPN.

Bama's QB signed close to 800K in NIL deals. A headline story on ESPN.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:42 pm The B12 sent ESPN a cease and desist letter, and I would bet you anything that lawsuits are going to follow.
They'd better have something, cuz this is stupid on its face. I read the article, and.. ok, so?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

B12 and Pac-12 discussing partnership.

Clemson and FSU reached out to the SEC about joining.

The SEC turned them down and the next ACC picnic is going to be awkward.

I genuinely would not be shocked to wake up tomorrow and find out OSU and TTUN have asked to join the SEC. (Which the SEC would do in a heartbeat.) College football is crumbling, but College Football, Inc. is rapidly growing.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Report on NCAA women's bball comes out.

TLDR: Spend more money to promote the women, including holding their games at the same site as the men. Prioritizing the women as much as the men means the women's tournament will be as valuable and create as much revenue.

I'm all for equal opportunities, but you're delusional if you think people will ever look at the women's tournament in the same way as the men's.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:55 pm I'm all for equal opportunities, but you're delusional if you think people will ever look at the women's tournament in the same way as the men's.
MaYbE ItS JuSt CuZ ThEy HaVeNt TrIeD hArD eNoUgH!!!11!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:14 pm https://247sports.com/college/north-car ... 164376536/

UNC in the running for 5 star with Clemson and OSU. We really need to win these kinds of recruiting battles.
Oh well Clemson.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

The smaller guy is 6'4" and 267 pounds.

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Ladies and Gentlemen, the SEC...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

NCAA investigating Nebraska. Coach Frost says his superiors OKed everything.
The special teams analyst, Jonathan Rutledge, was fired in January. Moos unexpectedly announced his retirement in June. Gerrod Lambrecht, Frost’s chief of staff, resigned two weeks ago.
Moos was the AD when this happened.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

It didn't help them on the field.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

ACC, B1G, and Pac-12 alliance expected to be announced in the next week or so.

Theoretically, they could completely shut the SEC out of any big non-conference games. That would be a hell of a move. "Congrats on your new conference Texas and Oklahoma! Now enjoy playing only DII and SEC schools." What a massive "fuck you" that would be to ESPN and the SEC. This would immediately hurt ESPN in the pocket book. Remember, concern for their pocketbook is why ESPN used back channels to create this whole mess in the first place.

Also, does prove the Big-12 does not matter anymore? Who are they going to turn to? It sure as hell won't be the SEC. Although, the SEC might have no choice now but to try and absorb other Big-12 members and form a massive conference that just plays itself.

It'll be interesting to see who the smaller conferences side with now. Do you schedule SEC schools or do you go with the larger number of schools in the three other major conferences?

As the article states, this could also affect the playoffs and the number of teams getting in.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

"We come here not to bury the Big 12..."

Yeah, it's dead.

I doubt the ACC/B1G/P12 alliance amounts to much.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:56 am I doubt the ACC/B1G/P12 alliance amounts to much.
It is only being formed to keep ESP...sorry, I mean the SEC in check. It doesn't have to do anything else.

However, they could theoretically completely shut the SEC out of any and all non-conference games, which would cripple the SEC's ratings. Nobody outside of the SE U.S. watches anything SEC unless their team happens to be playing an SEC team. Crippling their ratings means crippling their money and their recruiting ability.