NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Mickey staying in Columbus.

That's a big deal.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

:(

Also, crazy that the 1982 streak came right after UNC won the national championship. They were preseason #3, fell out for two weeks in December, but then won 16 games in a row to get back to #1, and ended up #8. We beat OSU in the tourney that year.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:54 pm We beat OSU in the tourney that year.
Rude.

Tennessee fires their HC for recruiting violations.

Reminder: Tennessee was set to hire Greg Schiano 3 years ago, who has Rutgers clicking again within a year and without even bringing in his own recruiting class yet. That was called off after a deal was apparently in place, thanks to political posturing by people like Clay Travis and former HC Fuller, whose job is also in jeopardy.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:17 pm Tennessee was set to hire Greg Schiano 3 years ago, who has Rutgers clicking again within a year and without even bringing in his own recruiting class yet. That was called off after a deal was apparently in place, thanks to political posturing by people like Clay Travis and former HC Fuller, whose job is also in jeopardy.
Oooops. And, Fulmer's retiring now. Good job, UT.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Notre Dame football violations. On probation.
As a result, Notre Dame received the following discipline from the NCAA: One year of probation, a $5,000 fine, a six-month show-cause order for the former assistant football coach, including a one-game suspension at any employing member school, reduced football official visits for the 2020-21 academic year by one, reduced football unofficial visits by 14 days for the 2020-21 academic year, and a seven-day off-campus recruiting ban for the entire football staff during the 2020-21 academic year.
Just a Level 3, so nothing major.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Thank goodness their players didn't sell their own property! They would have gotten harshly punished!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC recruited this guy (3 * OL)... He was originally 2021, but reclassified to 2022 to work on his size.

Note: Not to get bigger, but rather to get DOWN from 400 lbs.
Green joined Scott’s Central Virginia Hurricanes youth program as a 12-year-old — he was about 6-5, 270 pounds then — and has stayed with Scott at Life Christian in Chester.
Holy fuck.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

That's a big dude.

Buckeyes have Dawand Jones, OL. He's 6'8" and 360 lbs.

How do QBs see over these buildings?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:21 pm How do QBs see over these buildings?
Srsly. Good God. OTOH, makes it easy to understand why people often cannot see tiny RBs moving around in the backfield.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

PSU turning an impressive stat into an embarrassing meme.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

OMGosh. That's hilarious.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

HA!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

And now more schools are getting into it...
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Oh man, I remember the days of settings fires and jumping through them. Traditions are hard to kill

One of my favorite websites got updated.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I saw that if the NCAA tourney was held today, Kansas, Duke, UNC, and Kentucky would not make it.

That's insane.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:02 pm I saw that if the NCAA tourney was held today, Kansas, Duke, UNC, and Kentucky would not make it.

That's insane.
No, UNC would make it right now, I believe. Maybe you mis-heard MSU?