MMA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

Re: UFC

Post by Leisher »

UFC sold for $4 billion.

Dana White is being retaining, which is wise. He's the best commissioner in sports and the athletes generally like him. He's gone out of his way to make sure to protect the organization and the fighters. He also makes sure MMA doesn't fall into the same trap as boxing did where its best fighters could duck one another.

Also, is this possibly the best transaction in history? They bought the UFC for $2 million in 2000 and are now selling it in 2016 for $4 billion. It's certainly the best turnaround in sports history.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Get the feeling that all major sports orgs use the same shitty anti-doping lab?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Yesterday I posted a clip in the Pokeman Go thread about a fighter winning and then rolling a pokemon capture ball at his downed opponent.

Here's the gruesome injury his opponent suffered.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Brock fails second test, says ESPN.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

They haven't tested B samples yet, but it's the same drug Jon Jones just got busted for, I believe an estrogen blocker.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

After the Buckeye game we went to a nearby BW3 to watch other games and the UFC PPV.

CM Punk made his debut and got his ass whooped. (That link has video of the whole fight minus a few seconds.)

His opponent, Mickey Gall, was more confident that I've ever seen anyone while walking to that ring. Mike Tyson in his heyday looked more nervous. CM Punk had zero business being in that ring. It was all about money, and had he been seriously hurt, I think today's narrative would be why UFC put an completely inexperienced fighter into the octagon.

I give the guy all the credit in the world for having the balls to do this, but at the same time, I think he's a fucking moron. Joe Rogan called him "delusional", and I agree 100%. He's 37 years old and has never fought competitively in his entire life. Yes, he trained for two years for this fight, but those UFC guys live this shit. They start training in their teens or younger. He went out there against a far more seasoned opponent (ignore the 2-0 record, that's just his UFC record) and a guy who was 13 years younger. Did he really think he had a chance? Then his post fight interview indicated he'd like to keep trying. YOU'RE 37!!!! It's over! Walk away!

Dana White thinks his next fight shouldn't be in UFC, but rather, in one of the developmental leagues. No shit.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Russia airs children's MMA.

It's exactly what it sounds like.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Greg Hardy, yes, that Greg Hardy, wants a career in MMA.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Does he realize he'd have to fight men and not women?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

UFC pushing pills on its athletes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Here's a thought: Don't take pills given to you by someone that isn't a licensed physician.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Rousey got her ass kicked last night, and once again, her coach is the reason why.

Her opponent actually called him out on it.

It boggles the mind that a talent like Rousey is being wasted because her coach is a fucking dipshit. Why on Earth would you tell your fighter to fight in a style that's her weakness and her opponent's strength? Why the FUCK would you do that two fights in a row?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Was she the favorite in the odds and he just bet a shitload against her and tanked the fight?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

This was her comeback after her first defeat.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Same question.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote:Was she the favorite in the odds and he just bet a shitload against her and tanked the fight?
I asked the same thing after her last fight when she was a massive favorite. I think she was the biggest favorite in UFC history.

She was a big favorite again this time.

IF she decides to return she needs to fire her coach. This is not just my opinion. After she lost last time half the UFC came out blasting her coach and the same talk is starting this time.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Meaningless. First, that happened in July and everyone knew it was a one year suspension in August. As the article states, it's retroactive to July, so he's eligible to fight again in July 2017.

Plus, I'm not sure he ever comes back. He beat the shit out of that last guy. Why not go out on a win? He's in his late 30s or 40s. How much could he really have left?