MMA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
GORDON
Site Admin

Re: UFC

Post by GORDON »

Maybe he's still got some stuff in the basement.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pretty much done.
According to UFC president Dana White, who spoke with Rousey just recently, it seems the former women’s bantamweight champion is likely going to call it a career following a stunning 48-second loss to Amanda Nunes this past December.

The first-round TKO came just over a year after Rousey suffered a similarly brutally head-kick knockout from Holly Holm that cost her the women’s bantamweight title she had previously defended six times.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Unless she switches managers, I wouldn't want her back. That dude sucked.

I'd still like to see his bank account the day before the Holms fight and the day after.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

UFC

Post by Malcolm »

Holly Holms lost again last night to another nobody. In her defense, it was kind of close. But being involved in a toss-up with a nobody means you aren't capable of much more.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

UFC

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

If you are unaware, since the sale of the UFC its been losing money. No big names are left right now. Rousey is done, Lesnar (the biggest draw in MMA history) is retired, Connor is boxing, and Jon Jones, who is the current biggest name and possible best ever pound for pound fighter, has a sketchy history that makes him a less than ideal star.

So there's been rumors that UFC wants to shake things up and pump some life into the promotion.

Jon Jones did that last night after beating Cormier.

Jon Jones calls out Lesnar.

That fight is going to happen. Guaranteed.

Also last night Cyborg won the women's title, so expect the UFC to really beg Rousey to come back to fight her. A card with Lesnar-Jones and Cyborg-Rousey would be a MASSIVE seller. It would break records.

I believe the odds of Jones-Lesnar are 95%. Rousey-Cyborg are probably 40%. Rousey doesn't need the UFC anymore. She's got movies and now there's talk she's following Lesnar to WWE. There's talk Macgregor is going to do the same when he quits.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

Jon Jones tests positive for PEDs.

Well, this isn't shocking.

This could, and should, lead to his win over Cormier being reversed, him being stripped of the title, and really puts a damper on his plans to fight Lesnar.
Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

NY Post claims this dude is the new UFC star based on one punch. (Video of punch there.)

The problem is he beat Overeem, notorious roid user and tomato can.
Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

UFC

Post by TheCatt »

Kinda hilarious, and also super illegal.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

Mayweather might be coming to UFC.

No running in the octagon. I assume this is for a payday because he's going to get destroyed.
Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

Dana White recently gave an interview where he confirmed Brock is heading back to UFC.

How long can that dude keep fighting?

I'm sure he's getting paid huge money because UFC is desperate for an audience.
Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

McGregor shows up at UFC press conference and destroys vehicles hurting a fighter.

He earlier said the UFC wasn't taking shit from him, in response to this weekend's fight where the winner will be crowned the new holder of McGregor's belt. He hasn't fought in UFC since 2016, so they're stripping him of it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

UFC

Post by TheCatt »

"They stormed the building, got down to the loading docks where the fighters were getting on buses and started to attack the buses with trash cans, dollies," White said. "... This is the most disgusting thing that has ever happened in the history of this company."
"And I'm so fucking glad since it's free publicity" he thought
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

Troy

UFC

Post by Troy »

This whole thing is super weird. It seemed like a setup yesterday, just a WWE style PR show.

But then he got charged with 3 misdemeanors and a felony today. Hurt a fighter, ruined the PPV. Definite lawsuits incoming.

What the fuck is going on here?