MMA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

UFC

Post by TheCatt »

Apparently that video is from the Jan 17, 2015 fight, and prompted an investigation.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

Takes a second, but once you see the response she's given, you can only think, "Equality is awesome!"
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

UFC event goes completely private.

Why?
The company declined to provide a reason for the closure at the time of the announcement earlier this week, but UFC president Dana White said Tuesday that he just wanted to give the media "a night off."
That doesn't make any sense at all.
However, women's strawweight contender Mackenzie Dern, who is fighting in Saturday's main event, told reporters Wednesday that the reason behind the closure is Meta chief executive officer Mark Zuckerberg.

Speaking at a media day Wednesday in Las Vegas, Dern (12-2), who is scheduled to face China's Yan Xiaonan (15-3), provided her understanding that the closure is linked to Zuckerberg.

"I know Mark Zuckerberg rented out the whole event," Dern said. "I know he'll be there, but I don't know if it's literally him, his wife or if he'll have friends -- some type of party. But from someone who wanted a main event with a crowd, [it's now] going to be very, very private."
Oh, so we're doing private gladiator shows for the rich now?
White took to Twitter later Wednesday and denied that Zuckerberg has rented out the Apex facility.

The UFC has still not commented on the matter other than White, who maintained Tuesday there is "no big secret" behind the decision.
Ok, so tell us why you aren't selling tickets to the public then. You just want to lose money?
Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

Dana White was lying.
TheCatt
Site Admin

UFC

Post by TheCatt »

I wonder how much that costs.

Also, why lie when it will inevitably get out?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:28 pm I wonder how much that costs.
No idea, but it's pretty bad optics when you just announced layoffs.
TheCatt wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:28 pm Also, why lie when it will inevitably get out?
Right?
Cakedaddy

UFC

Post by Cakedaddy »

I swear there's a movie where one of the characters talks about Zuckerburg buying a homeless person for him so he can beat the shit out of him or something.

And also, it's cheaper to just pay two homeless people to fight for you.
Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

Betting on a specific fight raises suspicions.

I hope the investigation doesn't last long because I just solved the case:
Minner is coached by James Krause, a retired fighter and known sports bettor who hosts the "1% Club" podcast and a popular Discord channel that features his betting tips. Krause did not respond to a request for comment Sunday from ESPN.
Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

Dana White slapped his wife on video on NYE.
Leisher
Site Admin

UFC

Post by Leisher »

UFC and WWE merge.

For the first time in all of our lifetimes, a McMahon isn't the top dog in the world of professional wrestling.
Leisher
Site Admin

MMA

Post by Leisher »

NSFW language in the video.

Dillon Danis is about to fight Logan Paul. Logan Paul is engaged to the girl in the video. No idea how Danis got it, but he's been talking crazy shit about her to get under Paul's skin. Shit's very personal.
Leisher
Site Admin

MMA

Post by Leisher »