PGA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

PGA

Post by Leisher »

Phil Mickelson is probably going to pull his name from the class action suit.

I didn't know four others already had. I wonder if they were the four blocked from playing in the FedEx Cup?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

PGA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

PGA

Post by Leisher »

[urlhttps://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/35522668/r ... nciliation]Rory has no fucks to give.[/url]

Patrick Reed sued Rory, has him subpoenaed on X-Mas, throws a tee at him, and expects Rory to acknowledge him. When Rory doesn't he says Rory is acting childish?

Patrick Reed sounds like your typical, selfish, entitled cunt.
Leisher
Site Admin

PGA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

PGA

Post by Leisher »

PGA wins right to depose a specific Saudi.

If you're not following this whole thing, and I don't think anyone else here is, this is a huge deal for far more than golf. This is a ruling that could make public the strategies, tactics, and so on for a suspected propaganda arm of a murderous theocracy.
Leisher
Site Admin

PGA

Post by Leisher »

PGA wins another big point in their legal fight with LIV Golf.

Little side note in the article:
On Thursday, U.S. Magistrate Judge Susan van Keulen rejected arguments from PIF lawyers that the fund and Al-Rumayyan were shielded from the tour's subpoenas on the grounds of sovereign immunity because they were agents of a foreign government.
Further proving that the people behind LIV Golf is the Saudi government. The same government that mounting evidence points to as being involved in 9/11.
Leisher
Site Admin

PGA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

PGA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

PGA

Post by Leisher »

College kid shoots the round of his life and then disqualifies himself.

Huge respect for that kid.

I have a round of golf that still bugs me. For a long time a sub-40 round was my white whale. Then, playing against our league's best golfer, I snapped it with an even par 36. Thing is, I thought I was +1, which would have been 37. However, both on my partner's scorecard and on our opponent's it was 36. I ran through the round in my head and couldn't remember how I got to 37. It drove me nuts for a few days wondering if I was right and their cards were wrong. Still needles at me.
Leisher
Site Admin

PGA

Post by Leisher »

Pro golfer hits another pro golfer with shot.

I've never heard of this happening before. It has to have happened, but it's got to be rare as hell.
TheCatt
Site Admin

PGA

Post by TheCatt »

WTF?
The PGA Tour, DP World Tour and the LIV Golf League, which have been embroiled in a bitter legal battle for more than a year, have agreed to merge and move forward in a larger commercial business, the circuits announced Tuesday.

The tours called the stunning development "a landmark agreement to unify the game of golf, on a global basis."

The landmark deal was reached without the knowledge of many PGA Tour members and LIV Golf players and agents.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

PGA

Post by Leisher »

WTF indeed.

Three separate tours all merging. I assume the PGA Tour had the power in the negotiations. LIV had unlimited money, but was not doing well. Their ratings sucked, they never made a dime, and the general public wasn't buying into a Saudi financed exhibition league. Perhaps the Saudis got sick of flushing away their money?

I wonder how the details will all shake out? I'm guessing PGA Tour is the big winner, the Saudis will move to just being investors, and the players will hopefully get a guaranteed salary with the big money still being won.
Stranger

PGA

Post by Stranger »

i think this is great for the game of golf and probably for the players too.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

PGA

Post by Stranger »

The more i think about it, it sure feels like LIV just bought the PGA tour. I've got to believe there are lots of players, that were offered hundreds of millions of dollars and stood up to LIV that are pissed right now.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

PGA

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:32 pm I've got to believe there are lots of players, that were offered hundreds of millions of dollars and stood up to LIV that are pissed right now.
That's an understatement. The players want him out.

Tiger Woods turned down close to a BILLION dollars.
TheCatt
Site Admin

PGA

Post by TheCatt »

As part of the merger, the PGA will control holes 1-8 and 12-18.

The Saudis do 9-11.
Leisher
Site Admin

PGA

Post by Leisher »

Ha! You beat me to posting this.
Leisher
Site Admin

PGA

Post by Leisher »

Hearing on the Bill Simmons pod that the speculation is that Congress won't let this merger go through unless the PGA and Americans are in control.

We will see.
Leisher
Site Admin

PGA

Post by Leisher »

Pretty big potential payouts to the guys who stayed loyal.

Read the article. Even with the merger going through, there are going to be a lot of hurt feelings and bodies left behind.

Also, here's the part where the other shoe might drop.
The PGA Tour's policy board must still approve the alliance with PIF and the DP World Tour. The potential deal is also expected to be scrutinized by U.S. Department of Justice antitrust regulators, according to experts.
TheCatt
Site Admin

PGA

Post by TheCatt »

Antitrust has generally been very kind to sports leagues, doubt it'll be an issue.