NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:59 pm Well, of course you stick up for your dream man!
lol!
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Lebron warned about flopping.

Not bad NBA, 17 years and you finally warn him...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Noted Flat Earther Kyrie Irving leading push to replace Jerry West's likeness as NBA logo with Kobe Bryant's likeness.

Before I criticize this I do want to point out that West himself has said over the years that he would like the NBA to change it. So I don't give two shits about them changing the logo. Here's where I have the issue:
Irving put up a photo of a modified NBA logo with Bryant swapped in as the figure in the middle with this caption: "Gotta Happen, idc what anyone says. BLACK KINGS BUILT THE LEAGUE."
That's a pretty ignorant and racist viewpoint. Every time Kyrie Irving makes his opinions public, it always proves he's a complete dumbass. Remember Otto from A Fish Called Wanda? A fucking idiot who thinks he's an intellectual. That's Kyrie Irving.

A league created during a time of mostly white players. Funded by white businessmen to this day with few exceptions. A game created by a white Canadian. Almost driven out of business during the 70s, but saved by two stars, one black and one white, and a white commissioner that is considered the best sports commissioner ever. That commissioner, literally, broke every rule, greased every palm, fixed games and drafts, and did everything under the sun to keep the league afloat and make it popular.

"BLACK KINGS BUILT THE LEAGUE."
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:29 am Every time Kyrie Irving makes his opinions public, it always proves he's a complete dumbass. Remember Otto from A Fish Called Wanda? A fucking idiot who thinks he's an intellectual. That's Kyrie Irving.
OMG, yes.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Pro athlete shits on other pro athlete for being politically active.

Eh, he's right, but mostly wrong.

If the person is ignorant, of which I could cite many examples, then yes, it'd be better if they'd shut their mouths.

However, if they know what they're talking about, why not use their platform? Just because an person is an athlete doesn't mean they can't also know politics. Plus, freedom of speech.

The real problem are the people who enable them, whether that's fans, politicians using that person's fame, the MSM, etc.

For example, see the Kyrie Irving story above this post...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:58 pm NBA CotY fired.

The real coach of the year in the NBA is coaching his team in the Eastern Conference Finals this weekend.
They won the NBA championship the next year, and Casey is losing in Detroit.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

To be fair, the Toronto team that won the title had Leonard, Casey's didn't. Also, Detroit's roster is hot garbage.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Gateway to Gastonia.

The writer for this skit went to UNC, I was friends with his younger brother. His brother complained that people always wanted to hear his brother's jokes (he was in an improv/comedy troupe at the time).

The one I remember most "Everybody loves a clown, but nobody wants to fuck one."
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

That's pretty funny.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Yay, more people taking advantage of underprivileged kids and their families.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:01 am Yay, more people taking advantage of underprivileged kids and their families.
Maybe if they had more options to get paid...
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:26 am
Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:01 am Yay, more people taking advantage of underprivileged kids and their families.
And I'm certain this pittance will lift them and their families out of poverty. Especially since they'll have no education to rely upon to guide them through the rest of their lives. But let's be honest, none of them will need an education since they'll ALL become rich NBA stars. :roll:
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:18 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:26 am
And I'm certain this pittance will lift them and their families out of poverty. Especially since they'll have no education to rely upon to guide them through the rest of their lives. But let's be honest, none of them will need an education since they'll ALL become rich NBA stars. :roll:
The HS is helping them with financial education, which, let's face it, most Americans could use more of.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:49 pm The HS is helping them with financial education, which, let's face it, most Americans could use more of.
HS=High School? If so, come on, that's laughable.

I was just telling my wife the other day that TVM not being taught in high school is a crime on Americans.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:44 pm HS=High School? If so, come on, that's laughable.
The one that pays them $100k will have financial literacy courses. Is the plan.
Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:44 pm I was just telling my wife the other day that TVM not being taught in high school is a crime on Americans.
Yeah, the lack of basic financial education. Also, the complexity of our financial system in the Us...
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Griffin appears to be a shell of who he used to be. Haven't heard anyone talk about him in years.