NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Heat's "Big Three" negotiating their contracts.

The interesting part there is that they're doing it without the team being involved.

They are sitting down and plotting out the terms of their contracts without anyone from the team negotiating with them...

This is not good. This is the inmates running the asylum.

Word on the street is that executives were mad when these three first pulled their little stunt. This goes well beyond that.

If the players can now dictate who will be playing where, and now, the terms of their contracts, it basically destroys the game and the league.

Teams in states without state taxes instantly have a massive advantage. As do big market teams. I don't think a handful of superstars are going to be clamoring to team up in Milwaukee.

I expect the league and its owners are already discussing what they can do to end this trend.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Hilarious.
James, 29, has never been the single highest-paid player on his team in his 11-year NBA career.

What a crime.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

The NBA can tell them no. And if they don't like that, suck it.

I have no problem with them doing it.

Edited By TheCatt on 1404147285
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

You heard it here first, LeBron is coming back to Cleveland.... BOOK IT!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Actually, I heard it elsewhere first. Chris Broussard and some guy named "QTip" both tweeted it over the weekend.

:D

What I don't understand is why you'd want to jinx it by publicly declaring it? To me, that's bad juju.

James has a meeting with Riley this week, and hasn't actually met with anyone from the Cavs. Plus, the Cavs have to dump Jack and his $6 million contract first.

I've heard some folks claiming Gilbert's letter is still a big issue, but I think that's horseshit. That letter showed Gilbert cared, and is passionate about the team. Someone like LeBron is going to be able to recognize that this far away from the "decision".
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Dan Gilbert's personal jet was suspiciously in Miami yesterday.. hmmm..

Also, Brian Windhorst reported that the letter that Dan wrote was able to be seen on the Cavs websight since he wrote it. Well today, it was taken off.... hmmm

tomarrow is the 4 year anniversary of the infamous decision. Maybe Lebron says he's bringing his talents to the shores of Lake Erie... hmmm

Pat Riley basically called Lebron a pussy if he walks out now. That definetly rubbed Lebron the wrong way. And i don't care what anyone says, Lebron deserves to be the highest paid player on the team. Wade and Bosh are glue factory, pay the man.

Reports have a three way trade with the Nets and some other team that Jack will be a salary dump trade... hmmm

And of course the Chris Broussard thing carries some weight.. that and even loud mouth Stephen A. Smith is saying don't count Cleveland out.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

http://au.ibtimes.com/article....mor.htm

Lebrons agent is making it his mission to bring James back to C-town.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I'm sure he looks forward to hanging out with Johnny Asshole at all Bieber's parties.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Dan Gilbert's personal jet was suspiciously in Miami yesterday.. hmmm..

Also, Brian Windhorst reported that the letter that Dan wrote was able to be seen on the Cavs websight since he wrote it. Well today, it was taken off.... hmmm

tomarrow is the 4 year anniversary of the infamous decision. Maybe Lebron says he's bringing his talents to the shores of Lake Erie... hmmm

Pat Riley basically called Lebron a pussy if he walks out now. That definetly rubbed Lebron the wrong way. And i don't care what anyone says, Lebron deserves to be the highest paid player on the team. Wade and Bosh are glue factory, pay the man.

Reports have a three way trade with the Nets and some other team that Jack will be a salary dump trade... hmmm

And of course the Chris Broussard thing carries some weight.. that and even loud mouth Stephen A. Smith is saying don't count Cleveland out.

Temper your expectations. That's all smoke. You have a habit of always assuming the absolutely best case scenario. Just trying to help you avoid heartbreak if he goes back to Miami, or elsewhere.

That being said, I'm rooting for LBJ to go back to the Cavs. Why?
-Because I want the #1 player in the league to show young kids coming up that he has some integrity.
-I want to believe that winning for your home (close enough) is still important to these overpaid, spoiled athletes.
-I want to think that a guy of LBJ's talent has access to people smart enough to tell him this is the right move.
-I want Cleveland to get a winner, and I'd prefer it not be the Browns.

Finally, the drama that would come from all this is mind boggling.
-LBJ to the Cavs and the likely vets who would follow him. (Ray Allen is at the top of that list.)
-Bosh would likely leave and go to the Rockets.
-Bosh (unless the Rockets pay him), Wade, and Haslim all took lower pay to get James back. That's a BIG deal that nobody is talking about. Did they do it based on him saying he's coming back? Did they do it as a tactic to bait him into staying? It could be a really expensive mistake. Each is going to lose millions even if LBJ stays.
-All those vets the Heat have waiting would probably retire or sign elsewhere.
-The Heat would be decimated. Haven't they traded away a lot of future picks trying to keep this team together? They would go from first to worst in the Eastern Conference overnight, and would be stuck in a slow rebuild without draft picks.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The Heat finally got a free agent in McRoberts, but Houston is now offering Bosh a max contract. Broussard says he's seriously considering itbased on a conversation with James this weekend.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote:Temper your expectations.
Trust me, i really am not getting my hopes up.

I really have hated the NBA for this very reason. The inmates run the asylum. But it would make a Cleveland team relavent and anything at this point is worth the shot.

But i will NOT be heartbroken if he doesn't come back, I'll just continue to not watch the NBA like i already do.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Signing Danny Granger seems like a desperation move. I think the Heat know they're on the verge of losing everything.

It still wouldn't shock me to see them all back with Miami, but at this point, they might be giving up too much to stay.

How do you turn down $90 million if you're Bosh, when the Heat want to pay you 50-60 million, and James only wants a 1-2 year deal?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

You know what really annoys me? The talking heads who say Miami is a better fit for LeBron.

They claim Miami's roster is just built for a championship run over the Cavs. Really? What's that based on? The Heat have 4 players under contract: a rookie who has never played in the NBA, an "ok" free agent from a bad team with no playoff experience, a washed up free agent with minimal playoff experience, and a bench player.

Nobody knows who else the Heat will sign because everyone else that's worth a damn is signing elsewhere. How the fuck can you say Miami's roster is a better fit for LeBron when they don't have a roster!?
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

So understandably so, Cleveland radio is abuzz with nothing but Lebron talk. All sorts of people are calling in and claiming they got inside information from all various sources, mothers hairdressers, school board people, real estate agents etc.. Its really facinating and quite hilarious to listen too.

But one well known radio host said that he talked to a Cavs player who claimed that Lebron told him to "Be ready and be prepared". Now maybe he's just telling this bum that he's gonna dog Cleveland again and shove it up our asses again, but i kinda doubt that. If this bit of info is true then i would believe Lebron might be coming back home.

And besides, it would be the biggest story. Him going back to Miami or anywhere else for that matter doesn't have the HUGE epic story like him going back to Cleveland, and lets be honest thats what he really wants. Well, that and rings, and Cleveland has the roster to build around him.

If he comes back there will be 4 #1 overall picks on one roster. The last team to have that was the Lakers of the 80's and they were pretty good.

Oh and one more little bit of tasty info... In Vegas the Cavs went from 40-1 to 10-1 to win the Championship, do you think they might know something?...
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Oh and one more little bit of tasty info... In Vegas the Cavs went from 40-1 to 10-1 to win the Championship, do you think they might know something?...

Yes, they know that a lot of folks put money on the Cavs to win the title based on all the rumors about LeBron coming home, so they lowered the odds. Nothing more. (Seriously, google it. That's what happened. It was a front page story on espn.com for most of the night last night.)

I'm rooting for you guys in the LeBron sweepstakes, and you might find out today. There is a rumor that he's meeting with Riley today in Vegas (this was on Sportscenter last night).

The biggest indicator you should watch right now other than an announcement from LeBron is the whole Bosh/Houston situation. They're offering him more money for fewer years, and everyone is saying it's a perfect fit for him. Plus, there's the whole "he had a phone call with LeBron and based on that he's looking at his options thing". If Bosh goes, Cleveland getting LeBron back is almost assured.

Edited By Leisher on 1404832824
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote:Yes, they know that a lot of folks put money on the Cavs to win the title based on all the rumors about LeBron coming home, so they lowered the odds. Nothing more. (Seriously, google it. That's what happened. It was a front page story on espn.com for most of the night last night.)
Yeah, i knew that.. Lots of people placed the bet to get high odds and Vegas lowers the odds. Its a numbers game, i get it.

I just wanted to point that out. Getting a little excited over hear.

...But in all actuallity, i fully expect the worst. Its just ingrained in us Cleveland fans.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I don't think that's true for you.

I've never known anyone more optimistic about consistent bad luck and shit being thrown at them than you and your damn Cleveland teams.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Jerret Jack just traded.. The books have been cleared to give someone else a max contract.. hmmm
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Let's say LeBron does go to Cleveland. Can McRoberts and Granger back out of their deals with Miami? They only have verbal agreements since actual deals can't happen until later this week.