NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:44 pm
Griffin appears to be a shell of who he used to be. Haven't heard anyone talk about him in years.
That's true, but he's also been in Detroit, so... :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

American NBA player calls person "kike bitch" not knowing that kike is a slur. Or, that's his claim anyway.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:55 pm American NBA player calls person "kike bitch" not knowing that kike is a slur. Or, that's his claim anyway.
Suspended a week and fined $50K
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:36 pm
TheCatt wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:55 pm American NBA player calls person "kike bitch" not knowing that kike is a slur. Or, that's his claim anyway.
Suspended a week and fined $50K
Traded. From Miami to Oklahoma City. For using a Jewish slur. Sometimes the jokes write themselves.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Luka hitting on cute ref during a game.

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

There might not be anyone on this entire planet that I have less respect for than Kyrie Irving.

He's a self-important, douchebag, flat Earther, elitist who thinks playing a child's game makes him Einstein combined with Nelson Mandela. I loathe everything about him. He seems to roll around in his own ignorance like a pig in mud. He refuses to hear what anyone else has to say or listen to actual facts. When confronted with failure, he runs off like a spoiled child and won't engage anyone.

What does he say about skipping the press conferences and the fines? He tries to pretend he's some Machiavellian player three steps ahead of everyone.
"I pray we utilize the 'fine money' for the marginalized communities in need, especially seeing where our world is presently," Irving wrote. " here for Peace, Love and Greatness. So stop distracting me and my team, and appreciate the Art. We move different over here."

He added, "I do not talk to Pawns. My attention is worth more."

Just fucking die. (too harsh?)
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

OverTime Elite pays basketball kids
Two 6-foot-9 Florida twins ranked among the top 15 high school juniors in the country -- Matt and Ryan Bewley -- are signing with Overtime Elite, the league announced Friday, marking the first prep underclassmen to sign contracts with an American professional basketball league.

Matt, who is ranked No. 3 by ESPN for the Class of 2023, and Ryan, ranked No. 12, will forgo high school and college eligibility to join the startup league in September for contracts that are expected to pay them each seven figures over the two-year range of the deals, sources told ESPN.

Matt Bewley and twin brother Ryan have become the first high school juniors to sign contracts with an American professional basketball league after reaching a deal with Overtime Elite, sources told ESPN. Courtesy Overtime Elite
OTE is a well-funded startup for high school players who want to use the league as an alternative training program to traditional high school and college basketball before entering the NBA draft.

The league has been preparing to challenge college basketball for the top underclassman high school players in the country, with the Bewley twins the first salvo in that battle.

OTE has hired Kevin Ollie, a 13-year NBA veteran and national-championship-winning coach at UConn, to run the team. The league recently unveiled plans for a 100,000-square-foot arena and training facility in Atlanta.
The only part I don't get is "to run the team." Who are they playing?
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:35 pm Who are they playing?
Other never will bes or has beens, and more importantly, nobody will be watching.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:29 pm
TheCatt wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:35 pm Who are they playing?
Other never will bes or has beens, and more importantly, nobody will be watching.
!RemindMe 5/21/2024
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Nobody watches the G league, which is the NBA's official minor league. Nobody watches any of the overseas stuff. Nobody watches that three man league either. Why would this league be different?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:03 pm Nobody watches the G league, which is the NBA's official minor league. Nobody watches any of the overseas stuff. Nobody watches that three man league either. Why would this league be different?
The reminder was more about the first half of your statement, not the 2nd half.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

NBA wants to have a midseason tournament for some reason.

Your ratings are in the cellar, so you want to further water it down?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

High school teams making a super league. Maybe this is where that paid team will play?

Apparently not.
For student-athletes who want to remain in high school and keep their options open for college or the G League post-graduation, the NIBC represents a tremendous platform that combines elite-level basketball with excellent academics in a real campus setting. These six schools have outstanding histories and helped develop countless young men to achieve their dreams of excelling in both college and professional basketball."
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Oh good, super teams and the "if you can't beat them, join them" attitude that is killing the NBA has made it down to high school.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Dipshit fan throws popcorn on injured Westbrook.

The asshat should be banned from every NBA arena for life. Hell, make an example of out him and ban him from all major league arenas in Philly for life. That would make fans think twice before doing douchey things like this.

However, Lebron has to wade in and continue to prove he's a cunt:
"By the way WE AS THE PLAYERS wanna see who threw that popcorn on Russ while he was leaving the game tonight with a injury!! There's cameras all over arenas so there's no excuse! Cause if the [shoe] was on the other [foot]."
Lebron wants to "cancel culture" the fan, which is bullshit.

Let's be fair about it. If a player charges into the stands and punches the wrong person, spits on a fan, stands there cursing them, and so on immediately loses their job and all future employment opportunities then I'll say let's also make that same treatment apply to fans who get a little unruly.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:53 am The asshat should be banned from every NBA arena for life. Hell, make an example of out him and ban him from all major league arenas in Philly for life.
Leisher wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:53 am Lebron wants to "cancel culture" the fan, which is bullshit.
Don't you want the same thing?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:53 am Dipshit fan throws popcorn on injured Westbrook.

The asshat should be banned from every NBA arena for life. Hell, make an example of out him and ban him from all major league arenas in Philly for life. That would make fans think twice before doing douchey things like this.

However, Lebron has to wade in and continue to prove he's a cunt:
"By the way WE AS THE PLAYERS wanna see who threw that popcorn on Russ while he was leaving the game tonight with a injury!! There's cameras all over arenas so there's no excuse! Cause if the [shoe] was on the other [foot]."
Lebron wants to "cancel culture" the fan, which is bullshit.

Let's be fair about it. If a player charges into the stands and punches the wrong person, spits on a fan, stands there cursing them, and so on immediately loses their job and all future employment opportunities then I'll say let's also make that same treatment apply to fans who get a little unruly.
Banned from arena + forfeits season tickets